Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bluedragons Level Thread :D

1. Shading is very inconsistent or non-existent. Make sure the perspective is right and the shading goes behind the wall.

2. Wall height is inconsistent as well. This can make or break a level, so you should guarantee that the proportions are consistent.

3. Lots of overlap between trims, try to not clash two "outer" trims next to another, for sake of perspective this is confusing and creates a lot of visual noise.

4. This level feels very bare and open. Try to add more furniture, maybe glass tables? I'd suggest dividing the level into small rooms such as a kitchen, which could have stairs that lead down to a living room, etc.

5. Overall this level needs more NPCs. I know that not all players have access to a large variety of images, but spice it up with some lights, windows, paintings, couches, counters etc. This level feels like a template house.

To conclude, this level's "Skeleton" is functional, and with a few tweaks could make a great canvas for you to paint some NPCs on.
    Make sure to rework the perspective when it comes to shading, make sure everything is proportional, and watch out for small tile errors (Especially on the floor on the right side, those 3-tile floors are tricky to work with.)

Best of luck reworking this and making it a complete final product!

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post

1. Shading is very inconsistent or non-existent. Make sure the perspective is right and the shading goes behind the wall.

2. Wall height is inconsistent as well. This can make or break a level, so you should guarantee that the proportions are consistent.

3. Lots of overlap between trims, try to not clash two "outer" trims next to another, for sake of perspective this is confusing and creates a lot of visual noise.

4. This level feels very bare and open. Try to add more furniture, maybe glass tables? I'd suggest dividing the level into small rooms such as a kitchen, which could have stairs that lead down to a living room, etc.

5. Overall this level needs more NPCs. I know that not all players have access to a large variety of images, but spice it up with some lights, windows, paintings, couches, counters etc. This level feels like a template house.

To conclude, this level's "Skeleton" is functional, and with a few tweaks could make a great canvas for you to paint some NPCs on.
    Make sure to rework the perspective when it comes to shading, make sure everything is proportional, and watch out for small tile errors (Especially on the floor on the right side, those 3-tile floors are tricky to work with.)

Best of luck reworking this and making it a complete final product!
    I needed this thank you ill post an updated version when im done fixing n stuff.
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

https://m.imgur.com/a/PukCshV

Update! Cc please
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

2010-2021

Leveler
    The shading still needs a bit of work, I don't understand the bush's placement tbh, wall height needs fixed up a tad bit, stuff like that. If I remember to, here later I'll try to show you where exactly at.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Good improvement! Although try to review a few things I mentioned previously (Especially the inconsistency). If you have 3-tile walls somewhere, there needs to be 3-tile walls everywhere (Except in very rare cases such as with multiple floors, etc.)

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
    Good improvement! Although try to review a few things I mentioned previously (Especially the inconsistency). If you have 3-tile walls somewhere, there needs to be 3-tile walls everywhere (Except in very rare cases such as with multiple floors, etc.)
    Can you please point out where in the walls im messing up? I cant seem to find it tysm
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

2010-2021

https://m.imgur.com/a/dKrmLjy

Update^^^^^
    Cc please
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

2010-2021

https://imgur.com/a/UE5AErA

Some of my new levels, cc is welcomed , i had limited npcs.
    Last edited by bluedragon123; 04-04-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

2010-2021

One year later...

I noticed you were using the very old Ol'West tiles and I wanted to give you some references from a good LAT friend of mine using the latest ones just in case you still interested on learning levelign with West's tileset:

(Ol'West) You can check these levels here: https://imgur.com/a/FFR0b5h

(Era) This one was made by Kazly: http://imgur.com/a/0Fmhw6E

If you still leveling let me know, I'd love to see your progress
    If you need me:
    - Discord: 2Beta#9198
    - PlayerWorlds ID: Graal5582271

"You can discover more about a person in 15 days of travel than in 5 years of friendship". - Platon

Thanks for sharing, very useful techniques.