View Poll Results: How shall brackets be done? (details below)

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Completely randomized brackets

36 37.89%
  • Respective Placement brackets

19 20.00%
  • Continually Intensify (see pic)

40 42.11%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: GST2017: Brackets, Info, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Yeah, I'm trying not to give anybody an advantage though.
    The assumption is that, the gangs who placed in 6th are more equally matched to the other gangs who placed 6th; 5th with 5th, and so on.

Then it would provide the teams time to get acclimated to the feel of the map with somebody that is more at their level =D
    True, but by doing that - for example: Shrekt vs Ifreeze/Magus/Kartel (3 gangs that can go extremely far) this means you're already risking a high tier gang for elimination, this will have to happen 2 times aswell as their is another match between auto qualified teams.
    This leaves room for weaker gangs to go far, when they may not even deserve it.

This also kinda means placing was useless, I mean gangs placed higher should have an advantage in my opinion. It's smart to do that format but I think it should be re-thought out to be completely fair and advantages should exist for those who earned them

I don't agree on 2nd option because any gang could of purposely placed low in order to get an easier first round matchup. I believe that the best road to go with this is randomized. 2 champions never face each other in the first round, with the 2nd option you will see Shrekt Vs iFreeze first round and the 1st placed gangs of GS and BB face off. What will really be left for finals when first round has all the hyped matchups. We can all agree that there's some weaker gangs qualified this year as a result of a lack of conpetetition in basebattle and I don't want any gang getting a free pass in a tournament meant to have competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    I don't agree on 2nd option because any gang could of purposely placed low in order to get an easier first round matchup. I believe that the best road to go with this is randomized. 2 champions never face each other in the first round, with the 2nd option you will see Shrekt Vs iFreeze first round and the 1st placed gangs of GS and BB face off. What will really be left for finals when first round has all the hyped matchups. We can all agree that there's some weaker gangs qualified this year as a result of a lack of conpetetition in basebattle and I don't want any gang getting a free pass in a tournament meant to have competition.
    True, I will make make-shift brackets using challonge,com and show them here, just to get an idea on what fair brackets would look like if they were to be implemented.

GST2017: Brackets, Info, etc.

Best match is shrekt vs ifreeze first round
    Chat s get banged how they are qualified by another method ?!!
    Completely random shuffle i see it good
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg

This is fair in my opinion, it alternates between GS and BB placing (1st to 6th. This version has Meg0rb qualified and Magus/FactioneX in 1 team)
    yo

Voted for the 1st 1

Respective placement sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Voted for the 1st 1
    If it were to be the first option, 1st placed teams should have some security. But I wouldn't mind respective either

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Yeah, I'm trying not to give anybody an advantage though.
    The assumption is that, the gangs who placed in 6th are more equally matched to the other gangs who placed 6th; 5th with 5th, and so on.

Then it would provide the teams time to get acclimated to the feel of the map with somebody that is more at their level =D
    On the qualified gangs, no ones at the same level. Bling and MegOrb are in no way on the same level. In a competitive tournament it's not right giving "equal" matches to all the members because you're getting big gangs getting slapped first round and weaker gangs getting farther than more hard working gangs. It's not fair for a gang to show up last second and qualify and end up getting a free pass to semi finals, that not how it works. Wario and Tetris worked hard and are both 1st place gangs so why should they have to face each other first round to just throw one of the gangs hard work away. All gangs should at least have some kind of opportunity based on how hard they worked, I hope you understand Meph.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    On the qualified gangs, no ones at the same level. Bling and MegOrb are in no way on the same level. In a competitive tournament it's not right giving "equal" matches to all the members because you're getting big gangs getting slapped first round and weaker gangs getting farther than more hard working gangs. It's not fair for a gang to show up last second and qualify and end up getting a free pass to semi finals, that not how it works. Wario and Tetris worked hard and are both 1st place gangs so why should they have to face each other first round to just throw one of the gangs hard work away. All gangs should at least have some kind of opportunity based on how hard they worked, I hope you understand Meph.
    Then they didn't work hard enough if they lose.