Thread: Era's trading system

Shovel Era's trading system

**NOTE: I AM NOT COMPLAINING IN ANY WAY, I AM ASKING JUST BECAUSE OF THAT CURIOSITY...

I usually either pk or base with friends, I barely trade.

But I've tried trading for a week to sell some items and earn a Jeni Umbrella...
    Since then I had some questions that were impossible to answer by myself.
    So that's directed to whoever thinks that they are "good" traders.

1-Why is trochus the main currency? ( ANSWERED )
    2-Why is the conversion rate between an aeroleta and a trochus 1:2 respectively, considering they cost the same? Similarly, why is the shovel rate even worse when you think about trochus as a currency? ( shovel part not answered )
    3-Why do some items randomly have set prices even though they are rarer(less exist in the game) and older than others? For example an Excalibur(2011 or 2012 + expensive) costs less than a stun gun, but equal to a valentine's dagger(2016 + cheaper)...(ANSWERED)
    4- Why are guns untradable?( Someone probably answered that, but I cannot seem to find the answer, if not, then it should be on the bottom section)
    5-How is it possible to get a high amount of trochus(above 50k) with a realistic method(spend your lifetime digging?) other than buying an auction item and selling?

---------------------Staff members or Highly knowledgeable players------
    Why can't we drop items anymore?
    Why is cash ( gralats ) untradable?
    Last edited by bandoo; 06-04-2017 at 06:45 PM.
    since 2010/early 2011

1- I think thats because you can sell trochus for gralats and its the easiest "currency" to get to trade with and also the best price to sell them.
    2- Because people want to make profit.
    3- People buy all of the rare items in the game then sell them for whatever price they want, and some items are just cooler and more interesting than others.
    4- So noobs cant get a bar and be pro straight away, imagine on a game like Skyrim if you got one of the best items in the game in the beginning the game would not be a challenge plus you can just itunes them if you want them that badly.
    5- People who have that many tro have been playing for a long time and do a lot to get that much tro its not just by luck.

Because people were getting scammed and it could only be stopped by removed drop able items completely.
    Same thing with trading guns.

Quote Originally Posted by KipGraal View Post
    1- I think thats because you can sell trochus for gralats and its the easiest "currency" to get to trade with and also the best price to sell them.
    2- Because people want to make profit.
    3- People buy all of the rare items in the game then sell them for whatever price they want, and some items are just cooler and more interesting than others.
    4- So noobs cant get a bar and be pro straight away, imagine on a game like Skyrim if you got one of the best items in the game in the beginning the game would not be a challenge plus you can just itunes them if you want them that badly.
    5- People who have that many tro have been playing for a long time and do a lot to get that much tro its not just by luck.

Because people were getting scammed and it could only be stopped by removed drop able items completely.
    Same thing with trading guns.
    READ THEM BACKWARDS RIP ORDER

CQ 2-What same thing with guns???
    Challengequestion 1-What do you mean "scammed" when there are trade tables? How can someone scam with drop when there are tables, the ways you could do it with drops are identical to the ways you can do it with tables. Elaborate on that.

5-No, people who got that tro got it mostly by itunes then winning an auction. Ask those 600k trochus people to say showshells. They earned more than 90% of their total trochus by auction items/hustling/scamming. Itunes-then-auction is the only way. Even auctions aren't proper I'm making a thread about that later. Others did some work then hustled, do you think that is fair? And nope, you don't need to play a long time for tro, just itunes again I repeat.
    The problem with that is auction aren't proper - the luck factor is indeed PRESENT, because no one knows the exact second and ping can make the smallest differences - so yes luck is present in gaining tro - completely invalidating your point.

4-Noobs can already get a bar, you cannot be a pro at first touch anyways. You're not making any sense with the skyrim thing - unless you're speaking about p2ks and psgs etc then they can just simply be untradable.

1-We don't know if its easier to get trochus than trash types or mushrooms, do you have any proof kip?

Thanks for replying
    since 2010/early 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bandoo View Post
    READ THEM BACKWARDS RIP ORDER

CQ 2-What same thing with guns???
    Challengequestion 1-What do you mean "scammed" when there are trade tables? How can someone scam with drop when there are tables, the ways you could do it with drops are identical to the ways you can do it with tables. Elaborate on that.

5-No, people who got that tro got it mostly by itunes then winning an auction. Ask those 600k trochus people to say showshells. They earned more than 90% of their total trochus by auction items/hustling/scamming. Itunes-then-auction is the only way. Even auctions aren't proper I'm making a thread about that later. Others did some work then hustled, do you think that is fair? And nope, you don't need to play a long time for tro, just itunes again I repeat.
    The problem with that is auction aren't proper - the luck factor is indeed PRESENT, because no one knows the exact second and ping can make the smallest differences - so yes luck is present in gaining tro - completely invalidating your point.

4-Noobs can already get a bar, you cannot be a pro at first touch anyways. You're not making any sense with the skyrim thing - unless you're speaking about p2ks and psgs etc then they can just simply be untradable.

1-We don't know if its easier to get trochus than trash types or mushrooms, do you have any proof kip?

sorry for messed up order read them backwards.
    Thanks for replying
    1- yea spend an hour getting trash and spend an hour digging in one spot for tro guarantee you will get more tro than trash or mushrooms.

4- yea i was talking about p2ks etc but i don't see the point of trading guns.

5- yea but they still took the time to get the gralats even if it is itunes, people with rare items usually spend a lot more time and im not talking about rare auction items.

When you drop the items other players could pick them up and steal them.Trade tables both players have to agree with the trade.
    If players could give gralats then i suppose it would have to be in small amounts because i don't think admins will allow that.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    1. Because a lot of people dig, and when you dig, the most shells you get is trochus, so, the drop rate is higher compared to other shells, like for example what would happen if starfish was the currency in tables? People would have a hard time buying/selling stuff because not a lot of people have starfish even if they have ,the amount is not that much because of the low drop rate.

2.Because trochus is the dominant currency in the tables, if people traded 1:1 for aero they wouldn't profit, look at the exchange rates for other shells, people would never do an exchange rate that trades your 1000gralats worth trochus to 1000gralats worth scallop/sand/starfish/aero/mushroom/etc because there would be no profit. For the shovel thing, think of these people as lazy people who don't wanna dig, they're rich enough to buy itunes and gralat packs but they can't obtain trochus ( the currency in the tables) because they can't buy them with real money, so they buy shovels to exchange for them.

3. Simple, if the item is determined by the majority as crappy, the price is bound to stay low and vice versa.Also, newly released items cost high on tables because people can't determine it's trochus price yet, while old items, as people get to try or experience the item, judge it's stats and overall , the price will either go up (good items) or down (crappy). For example, would you be willing to buy a monkey hug for 1000 trochus? no right? it's ugly and useless, seem to do nothing, and nobody seems to want it.

4. I think this is why Bitzsam is rebalancing the guns.

5. They're either a hardcore digger, a hustler or a scammer or combination of those.

I haven't experience item dropping in era, because I'm a new player but from what I've heard it seems to have stopped because of scams, imagine, people already scam in tables, it'll be 10x worse in dropping.

Look, if gralats were tradable, do you think people would still buy gralat packs that much?

This is from my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeree View Post
    1. Because a lot of people dig, and when you dig, the most shells you get is trochus, so, the drop rate is higher compared to other shells, like for example what would happen if starfish was the currency in tables? People would have a hard time buying/selling stuff because not a lot of people have starfish even if they have the amount ,it is not that much because of the low drop rate.

2.Because trochus is the dominant currency in the tables, if people traded 1:1 for aero they wouldn't profit, look at the exchange rates for other shells, people would never do an exchange rate that trades your 1000gralats worth trochus to 1000gralats worth scallop/sand/starfish/aero/mushroom/etc because there would be no profit. For the shovel thing, think of these people as lazy people who don't wanna dig, they're rich enough to buy itunes and gralat packs but they can't obtain trochus ( the currency in the tables) because they can't buy them with real money, so they buy shovels to exchange for them.

3. Simple, if the item is determined by the majority as crappy, the price is bound to stay low and vice versa.Also, newly released items cost high on tables because people can't determine it's trochus price yet, while old items, as people get to try or experience the item, judge it's stats and overall , the price will either go up (good items) or down (crappy). For example, would you be willing to buy a monkey hug for 1000 trochus? no right? it's ugly and useless, seem to do nothing, and nobody seems to want it.

4. I think this is why Bitzsam is rebalancing the guns.

5. They're either a hardcore digger, a hustler or a scammer or combination of those.

I haven't experience item dropping in era, because I'm a new player but from what I've heard it seems to have stopped because of scams, imagine, people already scam in tables, it'll be 10x worse in dropping.

Look, if gralats were tradable, do you think people would still buy gralat packs that much?

This is from my point of view.
    6-I understand but again - explain one way that is possible in scamming with drops but is not possible with tables only?
    20000 shovels cost around 1000000 yet they would only net 40k trochus!!! It should be higher...just look

4-'Bitzam is rebalancing the guns because they are untradable' - sorry that doesn't make much sense to me.

People would buy gralat packs even more to get the items they wanted but cant get with trochus because they can't dig 10 hours straight or cant win an auction because of luck.

---FOR KIP
    5- Then its absolute luck to get some trochus, which is what I despise
    Trading guns is a good way to get rid of guns you don't want but others want. You can even get guns for lower price- why do you, as a player, hate that?

Dropping items accidently ( since you have to confirm TWICE ) is the same as trading your items by mistake - no difference. If you are dumb to drop by mistake and confirm twice then you are also prone to accepting a trade of Nothing to a Jeni Brella where you own the brella.
    since 2010/early 2011

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Maybe because some people have real work or life, and can only spend 1 hr each day dedicated to play graal, so they don't dig, instead they buy gralat packs with their salary.

- - - Updated - - -

I told you, I haven't experienced item dropping so I'm not sure, maybe ask old players.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe he's rebalancing it, because he feels some gun stats are not worth or equal to it's gralat worth, so he felt sorry for the players since they can't trade their guns with crappy stats, so he rebalanced them to make them feel happier hoping they could use these previous guns with crappy stats again with the new gun stats, but people didn't appreciate it, so they're hating him. joke idk lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bandoo View Post
    6-I understand but again - explain one way that is possible in scamming with drops but is not possible with tables only?
    20000 shovels cost around 1000000 yet they would only net 40k trochus!!! It should be higher...just look

4-'Bitzam is rebalancing the guns because they are untradable' - sorry that doesn't make much sense to me.

People would buy gralat packs even more to get the items they wanted but cant get with trochus because they can't dig 10 hours straight or cant win an auction because of luck.

---FOR KIP
    5- Then its absolute luck to get some trochus, which is what I despise
    Trading guns is a good way to get rid of guns you don't want but others want. You can even get guns for lower price- why do you, as a player, hate that?

Dropping items accidently ( since you have to confirm TWICE ) is the same as trading your items by mistake - no difference. If you are dumb to drop by mistake and confirm twice then you are also prone to accepting a trade of Nothing to a Jeni Brella where you own the brella.