Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Update the rules on the Custom Upload site.

Update the rules on the Custom Upload site.

I feel like http://eraupload.graalonline.com/ should have a more updated list of the rules for what is, and what isn't legal for custom uploads. Right now there are a lot of missing rules.

Stated on the upload site:

"Heads: please don't upload heads which include hats (and no sunglasses and bandanas)
    Copyright: please don't upload ANY heads which you've not made. You will be held responsible for the images you upload. This includes the following - Pokemon, Batman, Digimon, Spongebob
    Visual Effects: No invisible, hard to see or half transparant images.
    Upload Limits: there is a limit on uploads per player, please make sure your files are ok and don't resubmit the same file again.
    Public Shields: these shield types can not be refunded."

I have seen a lot of situations where other players have gotten their customs removed for rules that are not listed on the upload site. The first and most common ones are animal heads. I have ran into a pretty large amount of players who didn't know why their customs were removed and it turns out they had animal uploads or other non human uploads. I know the rules are here on Era-go, but the majority of players wouldn't assume that there is a larger list right here on the forums. I feel like this small fix could help the player base have a more healthier relationship with staff members in the long run. It can prevent situations in which a player unknowingly uploads an illegal custom that gets accepted by a busy PR accidently only to have the player's custom removed later by another Staff member who sees that it breaks the rules and only giving that player half of what he/she payed for.
    Last edited by Blitz Canavi; 06-07-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Yeah agreed
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Banned Sottocapo
    Easily agreed

The full upload rules are already listed here, and was updated recently:
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...-Rules-Updates

But I agree, it should also be listed on the website itself, I'll ask and see if we can add a link to the thread on the upload site.
    Chris: he's done worse
    Chris: like harassing my poor dog
    Raul Zephlyn: That little **** is annoying
    Chris: it wouldnt be so annoying if u didnt touch its private
    Raul Zephlyn: Well my dog rolls over when I do that
    Dan!: ew
    Junz: what am i reading

Banned
    The upload rules should be completely remade. One of the rules that specifically should be looked over: "The staff team reserves the right to delete any custom for any reason."

Banned
    They are kinda outdated, they should be edited.

I have to agree on this. Also, since Anero is gone (being the Upload Rules administrator) it is going to be quite difficult to put this into effect.
    However, if one of the staff does though with motivation.
    Ex. Player Relations
    Ex. Newspaper Staff

Aviation
    Airline Pilot Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    I have to agree on this. Also, since Anero is gone (being the Upload Rules administrator) it is going to be quite difficult to put this into effect.
    However, if one of the staff does though with motivation.
    The only downside is that we don't know who has editing rights to this site
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkGraal View Post
    The upload rules should be completely remade. One of the rules that specifically should be looked over: "The staff team reserves the right to delete any custom for any reason."
    This rule allows staff to delete custom due to bias and get away

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Canavi View Post
    I feel like http://eraupload.graalonline.com/ should have a more updated list of the rules for what is, and what isn't legal for custom uploads. Right now there are a lot of missing rules.

Stated on the upload site:

"Heads: please don't upload heads which include hats (and no sunglasses and bandanas)
    Copyright: please don't upload ANY heads which you've not made. You will be held responsible for the images you upload. This includes the following - Pokemon, Batman, Digimon, Spongebob
    Visual Effects: No invisible, hard to see or half transparant images.
    Upload Limits: there is a limit on uploads per player, please make sure your files are ok and don't resubmit the same file again.
    Public Shields: these shield types can not be refunded."

I have seen a lot of situations where other players have gotten their customs removed for rules that are not listed on the upload site. The first and most common ones are animal heads. I have ran into a pretty large amount of players who didn't know why their customs were removed and it turns out they had animal uploads or other non human uploads. I know the rules are here on Era-go, but the majority of players wouldn't assume that there is a larger list right here on the forums. I feel like this small fix could help the player base have a more healthier relationship with staff members in the long run. It can prevent situations in which a player unknowingly uploads an illegal custom that gets accepted by a busy PR accidently only to have the player's custom removed later by another Staff member who sees that it breaks the rules and only giving that player half of what he/she payed for.

I'm pretty sure cat and dog uploads are allowed. I've got a friend who uploaded a body and a head of a dog. Admins accepted it and he got the upload

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!