Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Major Server Upgrade

Major Server Upgrade

Heyyy!

So, iEra has been incredibly stable over the past few years what with its popularity rapidly increasing and player base number rising slowly. As of June 2017, there is usually 2500-3500 players on at a time (The most iEra ever had at one time was 4300 players). And now, with the oncoming update to iOS being iOS 11, and Android's newest client, we may possibly see a server upgrade some time soon.

However, this is more unlikely than likely, seeing as Unixmad is the only one with the power to be able to upgrade the server or modify it in any way. And as we all know, the only support we have gotten from him is the recent Graal client update, which allows for compatibility with iOS dropping 32 bit games.

As someone who has been very fond of most Graal games, this upsets me. Graal deserves a lot more attention than it is currently getting. I am not saying anything bad about in-game staff, just the game and its server status. Lag spikes, freezes, and the occasional bullet eating and packet loss makes the game almost unbearable to play. It really isn't about skill anymore, it's about who has the best connection nowadays. I've ran iEra on both iOS and Android, Facebook Client, browser client, and even the application client (when I was a staff.). The lag and spiking always seems to be there, no matter what.

This isn't a thread demanding a server upgrade, nor am I blaming anyone for this lagging and spiking. I just want to give a heads up to the high staff and Unix (hopefully), that at some point, there WILL have to be a server upgrade. Not just some client update.

All I am saying is that the earlier, the better. We've been demanding it since 2014, and I think I speak for the community when I say this, but I feel as if it is time we got a server upgrade.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

unixmad is mean

AVALÔNIA YAAAAASSSSS

Let's hope they upgrade it soon
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    Let's hope they upgrade it soon
    Eh unixmad

Banned Sottocapo
    Unixmad probably won't update iEra

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    I've never actually met unixmad, although it says he's banned for hacking XD
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    I've never actually met unixmad, although it says he's banned for hacking XD

Wow , the company holder is banned for hacking lool

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

unixmad wont update anything

Quote Originally Posted by hohi416 View Post
    unixmad wont update anything

Is it because of the bread he buys?

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Is it because of the bread he buys?
    lol