Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Summer Quest Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    @Kendrick

Since you wanted me to post this rather than pm you, here it is:

I wanted to suggest a bit of additional detail to your idea, "Winter in Summer".

I was thinking to include PyroTech within the theme somehow.

Since it's summer, you and I, along with the rest of the community here should come up with ways to link the company, PyroTech, with the overall theme of summer.

Let's, for the sake of characterization, call the malicious doctor, Dr. Sno.

I am pretty sure the admins can make sure that the entire map is back to the winter theme in the meantime.

The event can go on for about 2 weeks? (Starting from the "official" start of summer). I would assume it would give enough people enough time to participate in the event itself.

I think overall the quest should feature both a hot and cold item.

As you mentioned, Dr. Sno and his evil minions could drop weapons. I would assume that these are melees of some kind.

(I have an additional suggestion here. Instead of the boring old daggers that they throw out, it would be sort of cool to have a droppable item that kinda looks like one of those auction wizard staffs. It can shoot out blue lightning- assuming that the admins will figure out the stats- and one of the additional effects it should have is that if you are holding it while you run, it leaves a trail of snowflakes. If people that are chasing after you follow in your footsteps directly, they are slowed just like they would if they were in poison gas.)

So here's where my ideas will merge with yours @Kendrick.

I was thinking about ways to introduce PyroTech into the overall quest without being too abrupt or intrusive.

What if, we have another character, who is the exact twin of Dr. Sno, but the polar opposite?

As an example, we can have like a female Dr. Sunshine (it's an example), who is the director of PyroTech and it trying to fight against her evil twin brother?

What I was thinking is that she will send you out on a quest to collect a few things to "build" a flame/ heat/ fireball gun.

What I was also thinking is that this gun is the only gun that you can use to actually fight Dr. Sno and his minions, which in my opinion, really evens out the playing field for the entire era population. You don't want some chem guy farming minions as opposed to little Timmy and his uzi. (In other words, "normal" guns won't have any effect.)

I was thinking about a multiple stage level for this quest, being that it is a seasonal event after all.

What we should do is let the little minions that go around the entire map of era drop the melees. They should also drop "key pieces" to Dr. Sno's evil lab.

Let's say, after collecting 10 key pieces, it will make a key that will allow players to access Dr. Sno's lab. (My suggestion here @admins is to use the house to the right of the airport and to the left of the Facebook garage. It was used for a Halloween event for a devil horn hat many years ago.)

We can set it up like Crypt, where the minions will come at you in waves and once again, you will only be able to use the flame gun.

Assuming you don't die (let's assume the death counter is 3? 5? per person...) after all the waves have been completed, you go fight the big boss, Dr. Sno.

Basically he will be one of those big NPC's that are used in Hunted. He will be holding one of those wizard staff that I talked about earlier. Therefore, you gotta pick where to run because he's going to leave a giant trail of snow that will slow you down. (Gas masks won't help)

He can summon his little minions and of course, he can deal damage to you if you get close just like any other aggressive NPC.

In retrospect, I think it would be a better idea to leave the "boring" or less special melees to the little minions around the map. Dr. Sno should drop the wizard staff himself.

------------------------------------------------------------

It's a work in progress and it certainly needs a lot of tweaking and revising but what do you think @Kendrick?
    I like the idea of Dr. Sunshine and Dr. Sno, and the fact of having 'waves' like crypt.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by N!chola$ View Post
    I like the idea of Dr. Sunshine and Dr. Sno, and the fact of having 'waves' like crypt.
    Maybe don't quote a big post

@Fahrenheit
    Love the idea!
    However, I think one week should be enough.
    As with your trail poison idea, I believe it's too OP for players can walk everywhere, creating a mess throughout the map. (everyone will be poisoned).

@Kendrick

Yeah, I was worried about that DX

What if the item automatically switches from the "snowflake trail mode" to "lightning mode" from an interval of say, 15 seconds?

It would certainly bring about an age of new melee modes. Players would have to learn how to adapt instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Maybe don't quote a big post
    Maybe just scroll down?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

@Fahrenheit
    Well to minimize chaos and people slowing down due to spam of "snowflake trail mode", players who step this trail will not automatically be slowed down, it's a matter of chances that can be affected by it. So I would say that it's a 1/4 chance players who touch it will be affected by it?
    About the lightning mode, I imagine anyone who touches this trail will be electrocuted.

New idea: The footsteps will be used as bullets. It'll have a freeze to decrease spam! Players tap the fire button and only 5 steps will come out. Yes this trail can harm them 1HP but the chances are still low to be slowed down. Slowing down will last the same as being gassed.

@Kendrick

I think for the "lightning mode", it would be better suited for the footsteps being used as bullets.

I think I like the idea of the "snowflake trail mode" users to have a slightly increased movement speed to pretty much outflank people that will try and kite them.

I am not sure overall how I want things x.x

I also agree with your idea of the snowflake trail having a 1/4 chance to slow.

I think there should be one where you are hired as a member of the Morano organization, and try to take down another rival gang like the syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by tacoguy View Post
    I think there should be one where you are hired as a member of the Morano organization, and try to take down another rival gang like the syndicate
    That doesn't exactly fit the summer theme
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".