Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Summer Quest Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    I love the three of them, it gave me some ideas, since you mentioned scientist why not to defeat the octopus, the doctor gives you a list of items that you need to find, they're hidden in the levels on your way to the octopus and when you find them all you go grab some sort of bowl or something to make a potion, this potion can either be used as the one shot kill or it can be given in a quantity that helps defeat the octopus.
    Whoa! Okay okay, so the octopus technically doesn't get killed, because he'll have a second part, a continuation.
    Anyways, when you said a fish bowl, it reminded me of an amazing book named "The River Man". Basically it's about a kid who goes touches a fish bowl and enters a multi dimension that is a dream, but is real, it's an awe.
    OT: After defeating the octopus, you find a strange fish bowl that is both beautiful and horrific. You use this to go to another dimension, which is where the octopus reigns but you don't know that yet, it isn't modern iEra, it's a place where dreams are born.
    As soon you go in, it's nothing but pitch black and stars. You are given the choice of three classes: medic, warrior, or mage. This class will be with you forever when you're inside this dimension. (Players can't leave this dimension even if they try to log off or say unstick me.)
    Inside, you cross different portals to different worlds, fighting cruel inexplicable disturbing monsters that gives leads to a doctor.
    When you see this doctor, he starts off as a madman, but after you defeat him and lead him to the verge of his death, he surrenders and tell you his story: How he was trapped in there forever trying to stop the octopus. Doc gives you the potion to kill the octopus and after giving it to you, you start to be far apart of the doctor strangely.
    After a while, you see a tentacle penetrate the chest of the doctor- it's him.
    Thats when you fight off the octopus.
    Guess what? The potion didn't kill the octopus, but it brings you back to the world. You receive a message from the octopus that says "You are not strong enough to stop me."
    Then leads on to the second part which would be later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Whoa! Okay okay, so the octopus technically doesn't get killed, because he'll have a second part, a continuation.
    Anyways, when you said a fish bowl, it reminded me of an amazing book named "The River Man". Basically it's about a kid who goes touches a fish bowl and enters a multi dimension that is a dream, but is real, it's an awe.
    OT: After defeating the octopus, you find a strange fish bowl that is both beautiful and horrific. You use this to go to another dimension, which is where the octopus reigns but you don't know that yet, it isn't modern iEra, it's a place where dreams are born.
    As soon you go in, it's nothing but pitch black and stars. You are given the choice of three classes: medic, warrior, or mage. This class will be with you forever when you're inside this dimension. (Players can't leave this dimension even if they try to log off or say unstick me.)
    Inside, you cross different portals to different worlds, fighting cruel inexplicable disturbing monsters that gives leads to a doctor.
    When you see this doctor, he starts off as a madman, but after you defeat him and lead him to the verge of his death, he surrenders and tell you his story: How he was trapped in there forever trying to stop the octopus. Doc gives you the potion to kill the octopus and after giving it to you, you start to be far apart of the doctor strangely.
    After a while, you see a tentacle penetrate the chest of the doctor- it's him.
    Thats when you fight off the octopus.
    Guess what? The potion didn't kill the octopus, but it brings you back to the world. You receive a message from the octopus that says "You are not strong enough to stop me."
    Then leads on to the second part which would be later in the year.
    That's too awesome and complicated for a quest XD love every bit of it
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    That's too awesome and complicated for a quest XD love every bit of it
    If only there was some sort of recognition by staffs.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Great ideas, hope there'll be quest for summer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeree View Post
    Great ideas, hope there'll be quest for summer!!
    Me too, but I do hope the Waterpark opens as well.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Me too, but I do hope the Waterpark opens as well.
    Maybe they could incorporate the water park and your quest ideas, especially the Descend.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by N!chola$ View Post
    Maybe they could incorporate the water park and your quest ideas, especially the Descend.
    *starts to spam HW to notice*

Winter in Summer
    Summer can't wait, but for this malicious doctor, it can. He isn't a huge fan of heat and he'll do anything in his power to stop summer. Yes- including freezing all iEra until his death.
    Stop this man and bring him to justice with the antidote that the Police Force has. Destroy all his despicable followers and bring this cold season an end, because it's summertime!
    Fight snowmen with machine guns that shoot icicles, evil elves, and the minons of the madman's followers.
    Prize? Summer's redemption and doctor's winter/laser gun. I suppose you can take the weapons from the minons after killing them, but don't tell the police chief.

That's all I had in mind. Hope you enjoyed. Just ideas, you can always contribute.
    @Kendrick

Since you wanted me to post this rather than pm you, here it is:

I wanted to suggest a bit of additional detail to your idea, "Winter in Summer".

I was thinking to include PyroTech within the theme somehow.

Since it's summer, you and I, along with the rest of the community here should come up with ways to link the company, PyroTech, with the overall theme of summer.

Let's, for the sake of characterization, call the malicious doctor, Dr. Sno.

I am pretty sure the admins can make sure that the entire map is back to the winter theme in the meantime.

The event can go on for about 2 weeks? (Starting from the "official" start of summer). I would assume it would give enough people enough time to participate in the event itself.

I think overall the quest should feature both a hot and cold item.

As you mentioned, Dr. Sno and his evil minions could drop weapons. I would assume that these are melees of some kind.

(I have an additional suggestion here. Instead of the boring old daggers that they throw out, it would be sort of cool to have a droppable item that kinda looks like one of those auction wizard staffs. It can shoot out blue lightning- assuming that the admins will figure out the stats- and one of the additional effects it should have is that if you are holding it while you run, it leaves a trail of snowflakes. If people that are chasing after you follow in your footsteps directly, they are slowed just like they would if they were in poison gas.)

So here's where my ideas will merge with yours @Kendrick.

I was thinking about ways to introduce PyroTech into the overall quest without being too abrupt or intrusive.

What if, we have another character, who is the exact twin of Dr. Sno, but the polar opposite?

As an example, we can have like a female Dr. Sunshine (it's an example), who is the director of PyroTech and it trying to fight against her evil twin brother?

What I was thinking is that she will send you out on a quest to collect a few things to "build" a flame/ heat/ fireball gun.

What I was also thinking is that this gun is the only gun that you can use to actually fight Dr. Sno and his minions, which in my opinion, really evens out the playing field for the entire era population. You don't want some chem guy farming minions as opposed to little Timmy and his uzi. (In other words, "normal" guns won't have any effect.)

I was thinking about a multiple stage level for this quest, being that it is a seasonal event after all.

What we should do is let the little minions that go around the entire map of era drop the melees. They should also drop "key pieces" to Dr. Sno's evil lab.

Let's say, after collecting 10 key pieces, it will make a key that will allow players to access Dr. Sno's lab. (My suggestion here @admins is to use the house to the right of the airport and to the left of the Facebook garage. It was used for a Halloween event for a devil horn hat many years ago.)

We can set it up like Crypt, where the minions will come at you in waves and once again, you will only be able to use the flame gun.

Assuming you don't die (let's assume the death counter is 3? 5? per person...) after all the waves have been completed, you go fight the big boss, Dr. Sno.

Basically he will be one of those big NPC's that are used in Hunted. He will be holding one of those wizard staff that I talked about earlier. Therefore, you gotta pick where to run because he's going to leave a giant trail of snow that will slow you down. (Gas masks won't help)

He can summon his little minions and of course, he can deal damage to you if you get close just like any other aggressive NPC.

In retrospect, I think it would be a better idea to leave the "boring" or less special melees to the little minions around the map. Dr. Sno should drop the wizard staff himself.

------------------------------------------------------------

It's a work in progress and it certainly needs a lot of tweaking and revising but what do you think @Kendrick?

Senior Rush is my favorite, but we might run into some copyright issues...
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Mans Kendrick always doing the most