Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel like iEra is dying off, if so, why?

Do you feel like iEra is dying off, if so, why?

[deleted]
    Last edited by BEENDEAD; 07-04-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    1. Yeah, but when players get scammed who ends up having to go through (I estimate) 87% more reports than usual?

2. Perhaps ask yourself why those rules are in place? I could personally give you an answer to 80%+ as to why Each rule has been set.

3. I used to think like that, but until you walk around in someone's shoes do you realise why they're not as responsive. Sometimes, the pm's you get make you want to go in a corner and just hit your head against a wall and before you say it's "their job" please acknowledge their Job is to reply to people's genuine questions and concerns, not:
    "He scammed me"
    "Events"
    "Doll"
    "Can I ask you a question" ----> bugs me the most
    "*Insert Vulgarity here*"

4. Probably the only worthy point I can agree but also disagree with, not going to explain why, Look for a post I made on this thread.

5. Agreed.

6. EC is for events really. It's bad enough with the amount of flames and chemical guns around. We don't need more.

7. Auctions every night? NO. Removes the value of items if every player in Era (or possibly one)is hoarding them all.
    Admins aren't obliged to host events, Perhaps if players wouldn't harass every staff that hosts would they host more.

I shared my opinion.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

iEra is fine, it's just that not to many people know about
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    1. Yeah, but when players get scammed who ends up having to go through (I estimate) 87% more reports than usual
    I think the word "scam" could have been filtered out of reports. So if somebody reported a player and wrote the words "scam/scammed/scamming" it wouldn't go through or would go straight to spam.

Era isn't dying. Look at the player count, it's almost doubled to what it was back in 2011-2013. Even though the game has some issues, it won't kill off the entire population.

I don't think Era's dying, With all these new updates I've seen an increase.
    I actually started documenting it.
    June 2nd, 8:00pm - 2,724 online
    June 3rd, 8:00pm - 2,784 online
    June 4th, 8:01pm - 2,788 online (I was one minute late, cry)
    June 5th, 8:00pm - 2,794 online

Yes it maybe be by small increments but it's increase each day!
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by N!chola$ View Post
    I don't think Era's dying, With all these new updates I've seen an increase.
    I actually started documenting it.
    June 2nd, 8:00pm - 2,724 online
    June 3rd, 8:00pm - 2,784 online
    June 4th, 8:01pm - 2,788 online (I was one minute late, cry)
    June 5th, 8:00pm - 2,794 online

Yes it maybe be by small increments but it's increase each day!
    Updates are the key to more players
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Zany
    Going to share my opinions on your reasoning in Bulletzone's fashion.

1. It is hard to agree with this considering how much more common scamming was (for obvious reasons). If there is a way to prevent such a thing from happening so often, which is better for the majority of players, (even if you enjoyed the thrill and sense of appreciation it gave) it's better it was implemented.

2.There's a method behind the rule's madness in most circumstances. One or two may be unnecessary in a way that Era would be okay without them, but the large majority of them are logical, and they aren't hard to follow.

3. Staff are there to do their job. Period. I like to socialize on my staff when there's no reports or anything, but a some staff would prefer not to. They just want to do what they're supposed to. I'd say a good majority of the pms I receive are the examples BZ said, asking for freebies, hosting, asking to ask a question, asking for dolls, or sometimes just random vulgar words over pm. We have good patience, and we do do our job, whether you see it happening or not. Our job is helping players with genuine issues that can be solved (not pizza tables or scamming), answering questions (not including development related questions for PRs considering we have no way to know about these updates), and doing uploads. Just because we didn't do what you wanted us to on command, we didn't host, or you had to deal with consequences doesn't mean we aren't good at our jobs.

4. That has a lot of factors and influences, although I wouldn't say they lack effort in a big way. Nonetheless, that's a tough one.

5. Yeah. To be fair, there is a very wide variety of jobs, which is pretty good. And it's not like the jobs take a lot of effort (for example, Speedy Pizza is fast paced and repetitive, makes good gralats too).

6. EC stands for Event Coins. They are meant for events, not meant for being handed over to you. They are supposed to be special items that you earn for special items that aren't as common throughout the community.

7. Auctions weren't ever that often, that would be redundant. As for events, like BZ made a point of, it's hard to want to host when you get spammed on the daily to do so and when you don't, you get hate pms. When you don't host, people get annoyed with you. When you do host, you still get angry players and toxic groups when they don't get what they want. It tends to be a lose lose situation. Despite having thick skin, it's obnoxious, and I don't find it pleasurable as a result.

Era isn't dying. If it were dying, it wouldn't have thousands of players daily. Just because it has some imperfections doesn't mean it is dying. It's impossible to please everyone, and on the staff side of it, we get a lot of hate and opinions but meanwhile there's a complete other POV that isn't being thought of.

the population is slowly increasing

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Era isn't dying
    I'm dying