Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is iEra so bad?

Why is iEra so bad?

Heyyy!

This the 2nd and last thread I am posting about the pros and cons of iEra. The first thread, titled "Why is iEra so good?" did a lot better than expected. This thread will mainly focus on the bad aspects of iEra as a whole, and is not meant to be taken super seriously. These are mine, along with the community's feedback on where iEra stands on its bad parts. Remember that if you disagree with anything, provide proper evidence and just back up what you say. Let's begin.

Link to the "Why is iEra so good?" thread: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...s-iEra-so-good

WHY IS IERA SO BAD?

This question has bothered much, if not the entire staff team for quite a while. Remember that with a game comes its good parts, and its bad parts, and there will always be that Negative Nancy no matter how much effort you put into something. These are among the few things that bother most players about the game's current state, and how it affects both gameplay and interaction.

THE STAFF

I know, this is probably something you hear about all the time, but bear with me. I did mention in my 1st thread that the staff team does an exceptional good amount of work at their job, but where there is good, there is bad. Over the past few years I have played this game, I've seen more admins getting fired from their positions, due to abuse of powers, harassment, not doing their job, etc., than I have seen staff resign on their own. The Player Relations Admins need to focus A LOT more on what type of people they hire, and need to step up their game on how they hire certain individuals. Remember that it is very easy to lie on a piece of digital paper.

THE CONNECTION

While iEra does focus on its content, there has to be some sort of server update to be able to handle all the tiles, props, bullets, constant amount of players, movement, and chat. You'd think that with iEra being such a competitive game, you would get at least a decent connection, but from the way we see player's movement stuttering, bullets being eaten, melees not dealing damage, and the constant rubberbanding on most platforms, it doesn't seem that iEra focuses well on the server maintenance. I know this type of stuff is out of the in-game staff's control, but this is a problem that has been waiting to be fixed since early 2014.

LACK OF CREATIVITY

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate the work the LAT, GFX, and SFX team do, but numerous complaints have ben given from players about the lack of good levels, the out-of-place cosmetics/weapons, and somewhat terrible default music. Although this isn't a HUGE issue, it's definitely something the community struggles with intake. Criticism being thrown left and right, the staff team not wanting to hear it, it is all just one huge mess.

DECENT HIGH TEIR SUPPORT

Yes, yes, I know, we have support.toonslab.com, but the real question is, is the site even being taken care of? I've heard players whose support tickets take days, weeks, months, even years to receive a reply from. I've sent a ticket before on the site, and didn't receive a response until 2 months later, where the problem was already too critical to be taken care of. As of right now, we have around 1 to 2 communications support admins that I know of, but that's about it. 3500 players, around 100 having a problem daily, yet only around 2 people are taking care of tickets apparently.

Last, but not least,

PAY TO WIN

iEra has always been pay to win in my eyes. Sure, you could grind out on jobs such as shell digging, car missions, and pizza crafting, but that only gives you a small amount per day, if you take breaks. For some, the grind is just too much and decide to give up, while others take almost half a year to reach their ultimate goal. The pricing on certain guns are also incredibly ridiculous. To be able to just buy the top teir guns, you'd need more than 200 euros (220 USD), in order to buy the 3 top guns. On top of that, it is incredibly easy to use them once acquired. BAR is basically a 5-6 shot kill, Minigun is basically bullet haven, and GM4 is tap, tap, win.

Please, please PLEASE do not start a riot. I am only listing the current problems I see with the game. You may have a debate, but it must be a well thought out debate. Please don't go around throwing tantrums and saying "OMG HES RIGHT, BURN IN HELL GAME." At least I am able to voice my opinion, and you guys have the same rights as well. Just don't make it a huge riot.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

i think pra help with tickets but idk

Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Veteran
    Guess I'll do a short response on how I see two of the points;

Staff; You actually explained this well, and I agree. It's hard to find good staff and when you do, good staff are overshadowed by the bad staff. Anyone can get hired, as long as they have a good enough application (which can be all lies).

Connection; This isn't the games fault, everyone being from all around the world, of course we're gonna get lag. In Australia, I get at best 200 ping, and see Americans complaining about 50 ping. Nothing can be done, people will be mad at the server no matter what.

Other than that, you made some good points. For what it is, I believe the high-tier support does indeed need to step it up. The pay-to-win part is true, but plenty of games are like this and this is how the money is made, it doesn't bother me at all.
    Lack of creativity I can't really comment on because I don't have one creative bone in my body.

I think I covered everything I wanted to cover.

iera is the of good game!!

Mikey do you think multiplex is skill based play & not ''pay to win''?

And of course no one mentions that the players have a fault in it.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    اوووووووو
    مدير قرال تكلم

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    U bet me too it.

Name calling and harrement can be quite funny but makes graal kinda weird.

For me graal is alright now. It was really fun 2012-2015 but now it's missing some stuff:
    Quests
    Contests
    Weekly Updated News
    Mini Games
    More npcs
    More exploration
    Less of Player Relation instead of 1 or 2 people doing a project

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    U bet me too it.

Name calling and harrement can be quite funny but makes graal kinda weird.

For me graal is alright now. It was really fun 2012-2015 but now it's missing some stuff:
    Quests
    Contests
    Weekly Updated News
    Mini Games
    More npcs
    More exploration
    Less of Player Relation instead of 1 or 2 people doing a project
    I wonder why they stopped making quests, the more players we get, the less updates we receive
    (Pretty sure the grammar is so bad here, don't judge me pls)

League Of Legends Player
    Server: Eu West
    Name: SlapjackQ8
    Add me, everyone is welcome