• I hate the nerfs

42 53.16%
  • I love the nerfs

24 30.38%
  • No noticeable difference

13 16.46%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Results after ''Weapon Rebalancing''

The nerf is effecting the amount of money (itunes, amazon, etc) being spent on era, but someone I know said that the player count is dropping drastically (from 2900 to 2000) and I disagree, that is for a fact not true. But now that the stats are more even less people will be wanting these guns in my opinion and it started a lot of rage in the community.

The reason I hate the nerf is because as my first point says less people are spending on the game and that means less production money that can be used to buy new tech for big updates. It also started a lot of rage which is another reason I hate it because everyone's screaming at Bitzsam but they won't try and nicely go to him and say something about it.
    Flauros/Synyster
    ~ Metal+Anime~

Sorry to say but itunes money doesn't go back into era. No staff gets paid, the servers aren't upgraded. The nerfs will not effect the sales if anything it actually will boost it, regardless if it did, it wouldn't make any difference for players.

For those will say yea right to sales going up look at it this way.
    You have 10 new players. Out of those 10 only 1 of those players really will decide the game is fun enough to spend money on and buy a BAR on the rare occasion maybe you get a 2nd person. The rest of the players will either quit, do a none pk activity or buy a smaller gun which we aren't including as they weren't nerfed. That's $200k bought/spent, $400k on the rare occasion. And that's all they'd need to spend as the BAR was the uncontested best store gun and any other guns worth less than it were pointless to buy(This is for before the nerfs)

Now after the nerfs where the gun tier is lowered, and cheaper guns are a more viable option with skill look at it now.

You have 10 players, due to the more even weapon tiers, 8-9 of those players who previously were not willing to spend $200k on a gun as it was such a steep price may be more willing to spend 50-85k, maybe even up to 100k on a gun that can compete on a similar level providing the spend time playing the game and become competent at it.

That's 400-450k gralats minimum spent. With a potential of 800-900k and upwards. And those players after buying those guns and playing era for a while still have the potential to move up and purchase the BAR for 200k as whilst yes it isn't as good as it was before, it is still the 'best' store gun statistically that anyone can buy, and as they are new players they won't even have the knowledge of what the BAR used to be so for them it will be the best gun still.

The only reason the bar seems so terrible to most players is because it was such an easy to use gun, many bar users don't understand basic game mechanics of era, such as how to properly tap fire guns to get their maximum firerate potentials, and because they were used to how excessively good it used to be that now to them it is terrible. If you had no knowledge of what the bar 'used' to be, people wouldn't consider it to be worthless or not worth its price.

It's like if you bought 5 of something and you were given 2 extra by accident. The 2 extra are taken away from you, and even though you had set out to by 5 with what you had, because you were given 2 extra and they were taken away, it now makes the 5 you originally wanted to get no longer worth what you originally intended to pay for

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Sorry to say but itunes money doesn't go back into era. No staff gets paid, the servers aren't upgraded. The nerfs will not effect the sales if anything it actually will boost it, regardless if it did, it wouldn't make any difference for players.

For those will say yea right to sales going up look at it this way.
    You have 10 new players. Out of those 10 only 1 of those players really will decide the game is fun enough to spend money on and buy a BAR on the rare occasion maybe you get a 2nd person. The rest of the players will either quit, do a none pk activity or buy a smaller gun which we aren't including as they weren't nerfed. That's $200k bought/spent, $400k on the rare occasion. And that's all they'd need to spend as the BAR was the uncontested best store gun and any other guns worth less than it were pointless to buy(This is for before the nerfs)

Now after the nerfs where the gun tier is lowered, and cheaper guns are a more viable option with skill look at it now.

You have 10 players, due to the more even weapon tiers, 8-9 of those players who previously were not willing to spend $200k on a gun as it was such a steep price may be more willing to spend 50-85k, maybe even up to 100k on a gun that can compete on a similar level providing the spend time playing the game and become competent at it.

That's 400-450k gralats minimum spent. With a potential of 800-900k and upwards. And those players after buying those guns and playing era for a while still have the potential to move up and purchase the BAR for 200k as whilst yes it isn't as good as it was before, it is still the 'best' store gun statistically that anyone can buy, and as they are new players they won't even have the knowledge of what the BAR used to be so for them it will be the best gun still.

The only reason the bar seems so terrible to most players is because it was such an easy to use gun, many bar users don't understand basic game mechanics of era, such as how to properly tap fire guns to get their maximum firerate potentials, and because they were used to how excessively good it used to be that now to them it is terrible. If you had no knowledge of what the bar 'used' to be, people wouldn't consider it to be worthless or not worth its price.

It's like if you bought 5 of something and you were given 2 extra by accident. The 2 extra are taken away from you, and even though you had set out to by 5 with what you had, because you were given 2 extra and they were taken away, it now makes the 5 you originally wanted to get no longer worth what you originally intended to pay for
    You are spouting nonsense go to any spar pk base aren't you will see most people are STILL going for the 100k plus guns noobs were already willing to spend 55k for M4 before, you're talking like people will more go for m4 now because the top guns are more crap. Wake up Bitz smell the coffee most people 95% of the people are still going to buy the top guns pissing the existing users with this dumb move isn't going to change the reality. Don't believe me? Go into the base go into to spar you will notice most people are still using the top tier guns even the noobs with bad spar stats less than 1k has BAR & SHIPKA etc a dumb move like this isn't suddenly going to make those who prefer to afk suddenly want to base spar & pk. I understand what your trying to do but you have to look at the reality & accept it for what it is not continue to fool yourself of what it could be should be or might be its what happening right now open your eyes.
    No one buys a gun knowing its going to be nerfed you're just using stupid logic, you really believe nerfing guns will make people want to play more? you believe the obstacle why they aren't basing pking sparring is price then make all guns equal see if graal will go crazy pking or it will still be the same group of people pking.
    Look at their stats & guns its clear as day this has failed.
    People who wanted to pk before were already willing to spend 55k for decent guns before the nerf stop imagining yourself as a messiah as if you've fixed something open your eyes you've changed absolutely NOTHING 0 NADA except make people angry.
    The cheap guns before the nerfs were already a viable option, stop pretending like BAR was unbeatable, I've seen a FAMAS which cost 30K win a spar tournament for 50+ people beating BAR P2KS & ION. Morano Thomson M8A1 M4 FAMAS were all guns that could compete with BAR before the nerf anyone with these guns could walk into any gang before & now it is still the same.
    Last edited by Donald; 06-17-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Don't think you even read what I said because your version of what i stated is completely wrong.

I'm not "talking like people will more go for the m4 now because the top tier guns are crap". I said new players who previously would QUIT or go to a NON-PK activity because they couldn't afford to spend 120K plus on a gun to be able to effectively compete, may become invested in the game itself PK wise if they can compete using a cheaper gun.
    The expensive guns are still BETTER they just aren't better to the extent that a low skilled player can demolish a player that is of a better skill level just because of their guns.

You keep talking about 'go look here' at the players. I never claimed that after the nerfs, all of a sudden 1K new players will magically appear. It takes TIME for changes like is to have an effect which is why I stated that this is being done for LONG TERM benefits. Something you don't seem to understand based on your original posts.

That's 400-450k gralats minimum spent. With a potential of 800-900k and upwards. And those players after buying those guns and playing era for a while still have the potential to move up and purchase the BAR for 200k as whilst yes it isn't as good as it was before, it is still the 'best' store gun statistically that anyone can buy, and as they are new players they won't even have the knowledge of what the BAR used to be so for them it will be the best gun still
    Right, however the 1-2 high rollers who would buy the bar are now less likely to buy anything else as you've proven that the guns fluctuate. Overall, I disagree with the balancing of weapons, you're basically lying to people who spend real money about your product. That's like saying, I want the iPhone because it can call, however the day after you buy it, Apple decides to take away the call function.

Disclose us the warnings that the weapons are subject to change before we blow our money or give me a refund.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Don't think you even read what I said because your version of what i stated is completely wrong.

I'm not "talking like people will more go for the m4 now because the top tier guns are crap". I said new players who previously would QUIT or go to a NON-PK activity because they couldn't afford to spend 120K plus on a gun to be able to effectively compete, may become invested in the game itself PK wise if they can compete using a cheaper gun.
    The expensive guns are still BETTER they just aren't better to the extent that a low skilled player can demolish a player that is of a better skill level just because of their guns.

You keep talking about 'go look here' at the players. I never claimed that after the nerfs, all of a sudden 1K new players will magically appear. It takes TIME for changes like is to have an effect which is why I stated that this is being done for LONG TERM benefits. Something you don't seem to understand based on your original posts.
    Look cheaper guns could already compete with expensive guns even before the nerf. The people who couldn't afford to spend $120K plus were already willing to spend money on those guns. Again I've acknowledged your point you keep talking long term blah blah blah we're about 1 month plus into to this how long do you want to keep this dumb experiment up results speak for themselves its obvious people aren't buying. 1 month plus into this & barely any effect how long do you expect to see the results 1 year? With how much of an increase? Tell us your expectations. If you're right I'll come back after set period of time & acknowledge your right because at the moment you're flunking badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Loser Boy View Post
    Right, however the 1-2 high rollers who would buy the bar are now less likely to buy anything else as you've proven that the guns fluctuate. Overall, I disagree with the balancing of weapons, you're basically lying to people who spend real money about your product. That's like saying, I want the iPhone because it can call, however the day after you buy it, Apple decides to take away the call function.

Disclose us the warnings that the weapons are subject to change before we blow our money or give me a refund.
    All weapons are subject to change at any point hence why their statistical values are not given in descriptions. Balancing is a part of games with different weapons. It happens in every game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Look cheaper guns could already compete with expensive guns even before the nerf. The people who couldn't afford to spend $120K plus were already willing to spend money on those guns. Again I've acknowledged your point you keep talking long term blah blah blah we're about 1 month plus into to this how long do you want to keep this dumb experiment up results speak for themselves its obvious people aren't buying. 1 month plus into this & barely any effect how long do you expect to see the results 1 year? With how much of an increase? Tell us your expectations. If you're right I'll come back after set period of time & acknowledge your right because at the moment you're flunking badly.
    Continuing this discussion is a waste of time and i'll only be repeating what i've already said on the main thread. If you cannot see why this change was made, even with it being spelled out to those blinded by their personal bias towards their weapons superiority then it's pointless to continue as you are unlikely to understand.

The 'nerfed' guns are still statistically better than guns cheaper than them. If you are losing on a consistent basis to people using cheaper guns then it is your skill that is lacking, or theirs being significantly better than yours. That is part of the reason why the change was made- so players who previously relied 90% on their gun to get them kills now have to use actual skill to win against BETTER players.

The change isn't being reverted, if you think that's where your thread was going to lead to then you are under the wrong impression. You had your chances to provide alternative balance changes, most of those participating in that thread were too stubborn to follow through so what it is now is what you better get used to.

All weapons are subject to change at any point hence why their statistical values are not given in descriptions. Balancing is a part of games with different weapons. It happens in every game

- - - Updated - - -

Continuing this discussion is a waste of time and i'll only be repeating what i've already said on the main thread. If you cannot see why this change was made, even with it being spelled out to those blinded by their personal bias towards their weapons superiority then it's pointless to continue as you are unlikely to understand.

The 'nerfed' guns are still statistically better than guns cheaper than them. If you are losing on a consistent basis to people using cheaper guns then it is your skill that is lacking, or theirs being significantly better than yours. That is part of the reason why the change was made- so players who previously relied 90% on their gun to get them kills now have to use actual skill to win against BETTER players.

The change isn't being reverted, if you think that's where your thread was going to lead to then you are under the wrong impression. You had your chances to provide alternative balance changes, most of those participating in that thread were too stubborn to follow through so what it is now is what you better get used to.
    You're spouting nonsense because you can't back up what you say with the facts. All I'm asking is what are your expectations. You said it will not magically spout 1k users ok fine. Then give me a timeframe & tell the expectations & the results that we can use to judge whether its successful. You said it will improve basing for new users hows that going so far? You said those unwilling to spend big money will now be more willing to engage in pk activity again hows that going so far? If what you claim doesn't match with reality then it proves you're so invested in your stupid theory not you're unwilling to back down. You're too in love with theory that you're unwilling to face up the facts & give a us a straight answer for fear that we can call you up on your failed experiment. You are so far down in the rabbit hole that you are deluded.

So much words to read X.x
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    You're spouting nonsense because you can't back up what you say with the facts. All I'm asking is what are your expectations. You said it will not magically spout 1k users ok fine. Then give me a timeframe & tell the expectations & the results that we can use to judge whether its successful. You said it will improve basing for new users hows that going so far? You said those unwilling to spend big money will now be more willing to engage in pk activity again hows that going so far? If what you claim doesn't match with reality then it proves you're so invested in your stupid theory not you're unwilling to back down. You're too in love with theory that you're unwilling to face up the facts & give a us a straight answer for fear that we can call you up on your failed experiment. You are so far down in the rabbit hole that you are deluded.
    Bitzsam is an egoist mate, it is most likely indeed a waste of time trying to convince a feeble minded fellow who can't open their eyes in reality. I'll give you credits for your rational statement though. However all we can still do now is to keep on waiting for the time being.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I was only speaking hypothetically about the nature you showed Bitzsam so no offense.