Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion on Mining: Second mining mode

Drill Suggestion on Mining: Second mining mode

I think it would be great to have an another mining mode that makes you mine in the same speed as all other miners but still gives you the benefit at your mining level. Blending in with everybody is kinda fun. I have relative high mining level and I find it pretty hard to mine in Wiluna. I don't have easy conversations with other players like I had before.

So this is what my second mining mode will do. You still mine for a period closed to 30 seconds but get an amount of rocks equivalent to how many rocks you can make within 30 seconds originally.

Here is the specification for my algorithm, to see how many rocks you are supposed to make in a period of ~30 seconds:
    Step 1. 30 seconds/(<your time for a rock>+0.5 seconds)=<amount of rocks you can make> //I add 0.5 seconds for the time to move to another spot that you was supposed to do, this is to be fair with the original mining mode.
    Step 2. Round the <amount of rocks you can make> above to the closet integer since it can have a fractional part.
    Step 3. <rounded amount of rocks you can make>x(<your time for a rock>+0.5)=time to mine.

For example my lvl is 2 and I can make a rock in 29.4 seconds, if you do the math above we will still get the same result as the original mining mode. In fact this method won't take effect till level 35.
    If my level is 55, I can make a rock in 13.5 seconds. Amount of rocks I can make in 30 seconds =30/(13.5+0.5)=2.14. Round to the closet integer which is 2. Time to mine 2 rocks =2x(13.5+0.5)=28 seconds.
    So instead of mining for 13.5 seconds 2 times, you can mine for 28 seconds and get 2 rocks once. Same result but different visual sense.

One more example shall we? Assume my level is 75, so I can make a rock in 7.5 seconds. Amount of rocks I can make in 30 seconds =30/(7.5+0.5)=3.75. Round to 4. Time to make 4 rocks =4x(7.5+0.5)= 32 seconds. So mine 4 rocks in a go for 32 seconds.
    Last edited by player11; 06-16-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Miner Extraordinaire
    I get what you are saying, time to tap is still slow, but instead of getting 1 rock, the higher the level you are, the more rocks you get after the 4th tap. But the animation is the same so it looks like you got 1 rock like everyone else.

Yes, you would blend in better.
    On the other hand, you wouldn't be inspiring others to see the benefits of what they got if they leveled up too.

I gave up mining at Wiluna when I reached higher level because my speed was being reported as hacking by someone at least once an hour.
    To be honest, I wish they would have a mine for higher level people, like they have pizza spots for people who have done a higher amount of pizzas.

There appears to be an unused mine entrance behind the facebook building. Wish they used that entrance for a mine for high level miners.
    IGN: Pokey

Yeah you got it right, but I prefer mining with everybody.

I think mining should be the same, mining is already a bad job as is, changing it will make things worse for people who are high leveled!

I think mining should remain as it is now, too many people have put in too much time for it to change now.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy_xoxo View Post
    I think mining should be the same, mining is already a bad job as is, changing it will make things worse for people who are high leveled!
    Mining is the best job. You don't understand how fast you get rocks at a high level.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Wow is mining a good job? I've never took time to understand.

So higher the lvl the more faster it gets to mine?

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

My suggestion does not affect mining's income rate. Mining wouldn't be changed economically. It might even get more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Wow is mining a good job? I've never took time to understand.

So higher the lvl the more faster it gets to mine?
    If you have the time to mine 24 hours a day for 9 weeks straight, its the best job.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    If you have the time to mine 24 hours a day for 9 weeks straight, its the best job.

Oooo , when I have no time in my hands on graal I'll try it out

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Oooo , when I have no time in my hands on graal I'll try it out
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...highlight=bobo

Time Taken: 8 weeks, 6 days, 5 hours,42 minutes, 30.0 seconds

That's assuming your battery doesn't die, the mine doesn't collapse and you tap at the right time with absolutely no error.

If you have questions or want to see a demo of a lvl 100 miner, ask Pokey (Ice Dragons) and I am sure she will be happy to show you.

In terms of mining, I wish they would let us put more rocks in the machine.

Mining alone is a time consuming job and I don't like the fact that there is a 2 step process where I need to first mine the rock, wait for it to be randomly spitting out minerals by the machine, rinse and repeat.

What's the rationale behind a limit to the grinders?

I'd think that if the rocks were given the same amount of probability to spit out minerals over a large amount of rocks, it would be harmless.

I think an improvement to this job can warrant in the form of players being able to choose how many rocks they put in.