Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: No pride month?

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    Listen, I have nothing against the LGBT+ community. I believe you can do what you want with your life, however, I do think there is a limit on this stuff, I get that you guys have constant heat but I don't think adding this stuff in the game is going to do OR change anything. Even if changing isn't a goal on why you want this stuff added, I don't think it's appropriate nor the right place to share opinions based on your beliefs.

I know you guys don't like the excuse about how there are kids playing the game, but let's be real. We are pretty restricted on what we're allowed to do, for instance we can't curse - believe me I wish we could, so I don't see a reason why they would allow this stuff EVEN if it has no negative impact. It's a game, not a place to share beliefs - let's keep it that way.
    I agree with this a lot --^

Mostly the part about kids playing the game. You don't know, if this stuff was added people could be making fun of the LGBT+ and what I'm referring to is let's say you're holding a rainbow flag and someone walks up to you and tells you to kys or get a life. Then you're wanting a negative impact in the game.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

How many years later and I'm still not sure why "gay" is censored...
    My name is Tyler

2015 & 2020 Player Relations
    2014 Forum Mod

Mainly because it's more commonly used in a derogative manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen, I have nothing against the LGBT+ community. I believe you can do what you want with your life, however, I do think there is a limit on this stuff, I get that you guys have constant heat but I don't think adding this stuff in the game is going to do OR change anything. Even if changing isn't a goal on why you want this stuff added, I don't think it's appropriate nor the right place to share opinions based on your beliefs.

I know you guys don't like the excuse about how there are kids playing the game, but let's be real. We are pretty restricted on what we're allowed to do, for instance we can't curse - believe me I wish we could, so I don't see a reason why they would allow this stuff EVEN if it has no negative impact. It's a game, not a place to share beliefs - let's keep it that way.
    I completely agree.

In addition to what Draxx said, not all "holidays" are celebrated nor represented in-game. "Day of the holy kings" is proudly celebrated in Mexican culture yet it's not adapted within the iEra community. Why? No, not because iEra is an American server, which is claimed by many ignorant players, but because not everyone in game is informed about this holiday. Regardless of the significance that the holiday holds for any hispanics, it won't be forced in a virtual game that will hold little to no importance.

To summarize, LGBT+ pride month is something to be celebrated in person. Claiming to "come out the closet" online doesn't really mean you have shown yourself, your true self, to the real world, more like revealing yourself to the virtual world.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

No pride month, and there's a simple reason why it won't be recognized in-game

Most of iEra does not know Pride Month exists, meaning they'll show up to the in-game parade and celebrations rather confused.

See, I told you it was a simple reason!
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

As much as I wish that pride month would be implemented though it cannot, why?
    It's not because of the kids, it's not because not everyone event is celebrated.
    It's because people tend to accept the other with a different race or religion than to accept them with a sexuality.
    The day will come where it will be accepted worldwide, but it's not this year, it's the new generations that're going to grow up who will make that happen.
    We can always get rainbow items and not claim them as an LGBTQ+ Shop, we can always put a shop called "World of colors" with colorful hats and flags which contains some of the items referring to them, though we never know what might happen.
    Oh and happy pride month for the ones in concern.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

To be honest, I never knew what Pride Month was, until I searched for it on Google.
    The reason I said there are also kids in the game, is because they are young and immature, they might not know what it is and searched for it on Google.
    A lot of these player will take it as a joke and humiliate each other by this.
    I'm not saying it should not be implemented though.

You're right, let's take out all the Religious stuff too. Religion is far more hateful, murderous and negative.

The kid with 2 moms or 2 dads will fee a lot better if we protect him/her from that, too.

O , I didn't know what pride month is

But now I know

U learn something everyday

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

same sex marriage is already in game so i see no issue