Thread: How the Lag and Ping latency works

Post How the Lag and Ping latency works

Hi, I've been noticing how the ping latency works on Era. I thought about sharing my conclusion. Based on some research I did on era-go forums and on some websites. The Ping latency/Lag/Delay/Eat occurs in few ways. Number One being it could be the player's device being slow or old, Second a poor connection or poor signals from the router to the device, Third reason being the the distance between you and the server. The farther you are from the server, the higher ping you get. For example and these are actual results I've got from testing pings in Multiplex from lots of players from different countries to the game server. For USA and it's neighboring countries ping delay is not there. Because they are near to the server. Much like how your internet performs slow, or delays your tasks if you are farther from it. So.. for USA and neighboring countries ping ratio is from 28ms-85ms to the highest. Higher ping can be reached, if you have the reason 1&2 interfacing in your gameplay. For the European region, its surprisingly decent From ping ratio being 43ms-150ms. (Fact: lag /delay occurs when you surpass the 150ms-264ms ratio ). Finally there is the Australian,Asian & Middle Eastern regions. The ping ratio being from 200ms-700ms..
    this is probably why you have high ping and a speedy good connection etc. Sometimes it could also be the server itself, that's why it restarts every now and then. Hopefully this makes sense, and you guys know how Lag and Ping delays are caused. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of those things.

You are right with the distance, I have the best internet service in my country but still get 250+ ping on Era

Yeah that's correct

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You are right with the distance, I have the best internet service in my country but still get 250+ ping on Era
    Same same

Interesting. Learned alot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Yeah that's correct

Same same
    LOL

Best wifi in your country yet you still use ipad 2 and iphone 3g lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Graal Pro View Post
    LOL

Best wifi in your country yet you still use ipad 2 and iphone 3g lololol
    I use iPhone 7+ thx