Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Frequent Auctions?

Lightbulb More Frequent Auctions?

Dear Era Community,

Before you beg the question, "How'd you respond to the fact that admins are extremely busy and can't always do auctions?" I am very aware of that. However, I've always loved attending auctions, and struggle with the irregular pattern of when sales start. Now, this may be due to my lack of understanding of the game, but I've yet to understand how admins decide when to start auctions. My incompetence has left me to believe that admins start sales whenever they feel like it, and I abhor that notion. I get it, "abhor" is a strong word, so perhaps I'll use "dislike" instead.

To get to the point, if admins are too busy to orchestrate auctions, I suggest an idea of a bot hosting sales instead. This way, it can regularly conduct sales and can prepare users like I to get ready for an auction. I, for one, am extremely fond of an idea like this and would love to see a change like this. If one questions what time frame I'm interested in, I'd like to see an auction hosted every week. Hosting sales can be a bit much for an admin to do, which is why I suggest the implementation of bots instead.

More auctions or the use of bots is just a notion and has large spaces for smart, regular players to suggest fantastic ideas, which can improve this design.

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts,

Sincerely Your's,
    TyG/Tyttel

It's not their busy it's just they don't want to. Plus you need to be some sort of high staff to do so or get permission from high staff i'm assuming

Dear DJ Misty,

I appreciate your reply! Firstly, I don't want to say they have low motivation to host auctions, as I don't know what is happening at the "higher" level of the game.

Considering your point of view, I'm guessing you wouldn't be against bots hosting auctions?
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

Possibly. If they were scripted right sure

Dear DJ Misty,

I agree with you; there can be no rooms for errors in this game! It can cause chaos if not done properly!

I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

Staff hosting auctions would have better items then a bot. Secondly just wait for kirzey to update the timer mate, speaking of kirzey timer just got updated lmaoo

Quote Originally Posted by MrOmz View Post
    Staff hosting auctions would have better items then a bot. Secondly just wait for kirzey to update the timer mate, speaking of kirzey timer just got updated lmaoo
    Dear MrOmz,

If the "Kirzey" timer is on the board in the auction house, then my point stands; there is barely any regular sales! I'd love to see more, and if it's too hard for admins to orchestrate, perhaps a bot could do it instead?

It's just a notion!

I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Well, I don't know if it will be a great idea.

The thing is that, like you said, pricing in rare items is very irregular. If we were to have auctions too often that means that some items will probably lose value as more players will have them. This will just break the pricing system a lot more than it already is, and players will get upset when their purchased item's price was decreased from 30k tros to 10k tros.

Another thing is that because it is a bot the items may be selected randomly which is not always the case with admins, they usually choose based on what the audience say. (Rarely but they do)

Lastly I don't know if the feature is necessary as of now, or at least not if it is so that we can have more auctions. It is not like we have auctions once every 3 months, there are about 2-3 each month. I also kind of like having an admin there, it is a lot more fun and genuine, rather than having a lifeless bot hosting it.

But this is just my opinion, I may be the only one thinking this way.

Dear NaniRima,

I do understand your point. However, with your concern about items losing value, it doesn't have to. The auctioneer could only auction off more "rare-common" items, instead of those with immense value (like the Soizen, Rainbow Umbrella, etc.).

I'd just like to see more auctions regularly, or at least be able to prepare for a sale. I do feel that sales are usually held last minute, and feel that need that the board at the auction house is not used enough.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

They are usually held on Sundays, usually biweekly. If they don't hold an auction on a Sunday they do it on Wednesdays. The timer usually updates 3-4 days before the auction. I usually follow this pattern to get ready for auctions

And I think I misunderstood the way you used the word "regularly" so I apologize lol or maybe I did not?

My English is not that great sometimes lol