Thread: Dia De Muertos in Era?

Lightbulb Dia De Muertos in Era?

I know it is a bit early for this thread but, wouldn't it be cool to add an event or at least some items with the theme of El Dia de Muertos?

I am not sure if it has ever been a thing in era either...

I mean, era celebrates Cinco de Mayo, something that is not even popular in Mexico. Only one state celebrates this, the rest of us just go through our day as if it was a normal day. But El Dia de Muertos is different, it is a globally known celebration that I myself keep close to heart. Disney is even making a movie about it.

Maybe I haven't seen it but there could be furniture of the celebration (like sugar skulls, altares, traditional flowers, etc.) and it could even be placed in the Cinco de Mayo store. It is also very close to Halloween so it sort of plays with the theme. It could also be added in the cemetery given that the celebration is about the dead coming to the human world.

I don't know, it may be cool.

To give you a quick summery for those that don't know, Dia de Muertos is a celebration in Mexico that pretty much prepares cemeteries for the dead to come to the human world. We put altars dedicated to a person(s) that consist of different steps, each with a different meaning. For example, on one step we put the persons favorite food along with water as it is believed the spirits will be tired from their journey. For kids they put favorite toys. Some steps have candles to guide the spirits to the altars. People also take the time to visit their lost ones in this day and clean their graves, some people even stay to camp.It usually takes place in November 1st and 2nd.

What are your thoughts, ideas?

Day of the Dead, right? Anyways, I believe there's already an animated movie bases on this. Adding on to what you stated, Graal seems to celebrate holidays that are celebrated in 'America' (don't quote me on this). That is the case for CDM, it's widely recognised a celebrated throughout America. Not so much for Day of the Dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that case, celebrate 4th of July for tomorrow.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    In that case, celebrate 4th of July for tomorrow.
    Don't they usually celebrate it?