Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A live chat?! No way!

Lightbulb Live Chat? How Bout Dah?

Dear Era Community,

Firstly, my title is pretty exaggerated. This post was supposed to grab the attention of others in the community section, hoping they'd see this idea I have for the FORUMS, not the game (sorry if you're upset about this).

I've always loved interacting with other individuals in-game. The same translates into the forums. I have very little knowledge of those on the forums and would like to know them more through live conversation. So what better way to do this than add a "live chat" section on the forums. Much like customer support, many individuals on the forum click on a "live chat" section to join a live chat. This way, firstly we can all get instant help on a situation we may have in-game or on forums through this feature. Finally, we can converse and get to know each other better on the forums. A live chat on the forums will encourage more use of the forums and entertain us while on the forum.

I've enjoyed the debates, conversation, and laughter on the forums, and would love to see that instantly through this notion.

Obviously, these live chats would need to be heavily regulated to ensure it's "appropriate." However, I believe this idea can do more good than harm. If done properly, it could make the Era-Go forum experience more exciting!

A live chat on the forums is just an idea, and I'd like to see what all of you think as well!

Comment down below!

Edit: I've changed the title due to understanding the issues of exaggerating my title. I'd like to apologize to the Era Community for setting a bad example and would like to apologize to the admins for breaking the rules.
    Last edited by TyG; 07-06-2017 at 07:12 AM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

We have a discord by the way... yea
    https://discord.gg/TzD4T3d
    It's like everything you said but more

Hey DJ Misty,

Thanks for that, but this feature doesn't exactly hurt either, as it could be a rapid method of getting answers to questions!

I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

Zany
    I mean, it's not totally necessary considering you could literally do exactly that on the Discord, as Misty said. You're right, it couldn't hurt. But it also isn't really needed either. If someone who can implement it really is interested in it, kudos. Otherwise though I don't know if it's going to happen.

Hey Zany,

The two are very similar; I just wasn't aware that there was a discord.

However, not many people are on Discord right now, so I don't have anyone to talk with.

RIP.

I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Don't clickbait titles please, I think it's against the rules and it's pretty annoying.

Live chat is not going to be added here, just gonna say that from the get-go. We have Graal, the ticket service, and Discord. There is no need for this at all, sure a lot of things would be nice to have added as they wouldn't hurt either but it is what it is.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Draxx,

Hey, bud. It was just a suggestion. It wasn't click bait, I had a question mark in the title, suggesting/pitching an idea.... There's a reason why it hasn't been taken down.

Plus, I apologized for it. No need to comment on it if you're offended.

I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTGI View Post
    Draxx,

Ouch... It was just a suggestion. It wasn't click bait, I had a question mark in the title, suggesting/pitching an idea.... There's a reason why it hasn't been taken down.

Plus, I apologized for it. No need to comment on it if you're offended.

You clearly stated in the original post that you knew you clickbaited, but you needed to in order to receive attention. Since you gave yourself away on the attention grabbing title, you should also know it's not allowed.
    Dear Era Community,

Firstly, my title is pretty exaggerated. This post was supposed to grab the attention of others in the community section, hoping they'd see this idea I have for the FORUMS, not the game (sorry if you're upset about this).

I'm not offended at all, it's just clearly stated in the rules that it's not allowed.

d) If you wish to create a thread, please ensure that you select the correct forum for the message. If you do not, the thread may be moved or - in extreme cases - deleted. Also, try to give your threads explicit titles (For example, 'Custom Upload problems' is better than 'Help!'), and avoid irritating short titles like '.' or '!'. Poorly-labeled threads may be renamed by the moderators.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this at all, I'm just telling you not to do it in the future.

The live chat idea for the forums is not going to be added because this isn't a chatroom, it's a forum. If you need help then PM someone on the forums, in-game, Discord, or a support ticket.

Draxx,

I appreciate it.

Lighten up a little. By my admittance to my "crime," I was merely trying to add humor to this post...

Secondly, I did NOT know that it was wrong and I only stated that it was overly-exaggerated... Not clickbait. I apologize for what seems to be my incompetence for not knowing that... I was only trying to be funny.

I do not need to PM someone in-game, on the forums, etc. I am not here trying to advocate change. It was just a notion that entertains a CONSTRUCTIVE conversation. In other words, I'm not expecting my ideas to be in the game, so please do not infantilize me by directing me to support.

I apologize for my mistake; I'll keep this in mind going forward and try not to "annoy" those who feel the same way.

I appreciate your opinion buddy.
    Last edited by TyG; 07-06-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Draxx,

I appreciate it.

Lighten up a little. By my admittance to my "crime," I was merely trying to add humor to this post...

Secondly, I did NOT know that it was wrong and I only stated that it was overly-exaggerated... Not clickbait. I apologize for what seems to be my incompetence for not knowing that... I was only trying to be funny.

I do not need to PM someone in-game, on the forums, etc. In all honesty, I'm only here trying to create conversation. I'm not expecting my ideas to be in the game, so please do not infantilize me by directing me to support.

I apologize for my mistake; I'll keep this in mind going forward and try not to "annoy" those who feel the same way.

I appreciate your opinion buddy.
    Not sure what you mean by 'lighten up'. I'm literally just telling you that it's against the rules. Overally exaggerate means clickbait, even if it still doesn't in your view; then 'overally exaggerated' titles are against the rules aswell.

The forum is not a chatroom, it's a forum lol. Get to know someone through Graal, this is no dating website.