Thread: New countermeasure against SCAMMERS

Question New countermeasure against SCAMMERS

I thought of a new idea that will help to curb scamming. From what I know admins usually do not take any actions against scammers because they attribute it to the fault of the victim. But now with this concept I think it will revolutionise the way scammers are dealt with.

So I suggest a contract and trade log be implemented.

Contract
    A contract will be available under "more options" in a player's profile.
    This contract will have a space for players to write a short statement of the conditions for the agreement/whats offered etc , prior to trading.
    After the contract has been written, the other party will receive a copy of the contract. If both parties are agreeable, then they will approve the contract.There is a time limit for the contract to be fulfiledd (maybe 24hr to 10 days after signing).
    The two then make the exchange at trade tables, after which both players will have to click on an option available on the contract to indicate that the deal has been made and the contract will be gone. Each party will be given say 24-48 hours after the other party has verified to verify, if not the contract will disappear after the stipulated time.

In the case of a scammer, the victim can refuse to verify that the contract has been fulfilled and then file a report against the scammer immediately.If they do not report, the contract will disappear after a predetermined time. If they make a report, it should be handled with 24-48 hours. The admins will then use the contract as evidence to met out punishments accordingly, using the trade log to further support the accusation if needed. After which, the contract will disappear.

If both parties do not fulfill the conditions, then the contract will disappear after the time limit and both parties suffer no consequeneces. Either party can choose to reject the contract after signing, but both parties must agree to the rejection and there will be a penalty fee for the person who initiated the rejection of say, 50-100 gralats.

Each player can only deal with 1 contract at a time.
    I believe this concept cans be implemented in other trades, such as G4G during christmas, customs business by some graphic artists?

Trade Log
    Just a simple log showing the last 10 exchanges. Similar to PM history log.

LYK's remarks
    The thing about scamming is not because admins do not want to take any actions to stop the scammers, but rather it is because there is difficulty supporting the accusation that someone has been scammed. With this contract, I believe it will provide a basis for admins to utilise to punish those scammers. After all these scammers will continue to cause problems and admins will continue to receive reports of scamming that are difficult to support, if this concept is not available.I look forward to your views on this.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Banned
    I understand your point but I don't think it will be added simply because it would take a long time to complete a deal. Also, there are already precautions to prevent scamming. All of the players are notified to be aware of scammers because your items are your responsibility.

Great idea but i dont like it implemented in the trade tables, this is because a player would have more time to think about a trade where u r currently gaining profit and in the end rejecting it. I dunno im not too keen about the trade tables part, but i 100% agree on the G4G part because there currently is no solution to it.

If u get scammed in the trade tables its ur fault, and I’ve been scammed a lot, but its rly ur fault, u have the ability to control and think. In a G4G, getting scammed isn’t entirely ur fault because u can’t do anything, ur putting trust in the other player so i like ur idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cool idea but it has its flaw, a big one being we're talking about little kids getting scammed the most. they barely know how to save up for a gun much less agree to some contract and all that complicated stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won't be long actually, its just like a PM message, just that it is in the form of a contract rather than by informal conversations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post
    cool idea but it has its flaw, a big one being we're talking about little kids getting scammed the most. they barely know how to save up for a gun much less agree to some contract and all that complicated stuff

Well if they are ignorant enough to agree to some contract they don't understand, then sucks to be them to be scammed. That's really their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    It won't be long actually, its just like a PM message, just that it is in the form of a contract rather than by informal conversations.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if they are ignorant enough to agree to some contract they don't understand, then sucks to be them to be scammed. That's really their fault.
    good point

Its a shame how high rares cost in auctions and trade, but its LEGAL to scam, and staff want no parts of the issue? just like the guns, they want you to earn ec and your money for months and years at a time but when they get ready to nerf gun, all they have to do is flip a switch, And on top of that its people buying crazy amounts of itunes to have these items. Graal was once a good place for people to meet one another and have fun, now its a big monopoly, everything is overpriced, many have attitudes staff show little to no enthusiasm towards anyone, its too little support to go around, and they wonder why us players act up, i blame the administration. There should be a better example set, if the game is going to still continue, our needs must be met, because without us playing your game called GRAAL ERA, you would not even exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of worrying about what new shop you will open or graphics and all that, it needs to be order among us players and staff period, the stuff people are doing that is not fair SHOULD BE ADDRESSED.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryTheWizard88 View Post
    Its a shame how high rares cost in auctions and trade, but its LEGAL to scam, and staff want no parts of the issue? just like the guns, they want you to earn ec and your money for months and years at a time but when they get ready to nerf gun, all they have to do is flip a switch, And on top of that its people buying crazy amounts of itunes to have these items. Graal was once a good place for people to meet one another and have fun, now its a big monopoly, everything is overpriced, many have attitudes staff show little to no enthusiasm towards anyone, its too little support to go around, and they wonder why us players act up, i blame the administration. There should be a better example set, if the game is going to still continue, our needs must be met, because without us playing your game called GRAAL ERA, you would not even exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of worrying about what new shop you will open or graphics and all that, it needs to be order among us players and staff period, the stuff people are doing that is not fair SHOULD BE ADDRESSED.
    The reason why it is legal is not because it was intended to. I bet that the admins made it legal out of reluctance because they simply cannot do anything about it then. SNK jailed scammers before, and it goes to show that scamming is illegal so long as admins are able to substantiate these allegations. I believe with this new concept, it can serve as an insurance against scammers that admins can use to support accusing a player of scamming.

Of course, if a player wants to trade fast and easily, they can still do so as this contract should be made optional , though they will risk it.

As for the administration, I cannot do anything about it nor do I blame them because I am really not in any position to. You may speak to a high staff should you have any good suggestions for improvement.