Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unique Individuals - Why is This Important to Know?

Exclamation Unique Individuals - Why is This Important to Know?

BEFORE READING THIS; SOME MAY REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THIS SUBJECT THAN OTHERS! IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR DO NOT LIKE THE TOPIC ABOUT BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE STOP READING! PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO ANY PERSON WHO AGREES, DISAGREES OR HAS SOMETHING TO ADD ON TO THIS POST.

Dear Era Community,

Having been here since 2012 in the Era community, I've experienced some questionable behavior in-game and on forums. Now, I do understand that there are rules already in place that punishes severe behavior, but I'd like to touch on more circumstantial situations. (Dear moderators. I understand this is a highly delicate topic, but I feel it needs more focus on more circumstantial cases).

Now, EVERY individual is different, and that's what makes everyone so unique in this world, and is what makes Era such a unique community. I love Era for its immense diversity and is what makes me come back regularly to play the game or be on forums. Now, I do not condone ANY severe behavior that is punishable, and I'm sure many understand that, but I'd like to focus on what is right and wrong when approaching or dealing with an individual.

Before I start, I need to re-emphasize the importance of knowing that everyone is a unique individual, majority born and raised differently. This precious principle is important to remember when contacting a person you DO NOT know. You'll see the importance of this principle in this thread.

Now here comes the key principle. Everyone is different, and may not assimilate to YOU or your COMMUNITY. This notion means people may not understand what you are talking about, or your sense of humor, your attitude, or in fact, ANYTHING that has the possibility of being misunderstood. So what does this mean? It means that understanding an individual is key. For example, many can wrongly misinterpret hand gestures. In my school, my friends commonly use the "want to eat?" hand signal, which can be misinterpreted by others as a "screw you" hand signal (they don't do the gestures properly). This principle is why it's important to understand those around or with you.

So, what does this have to do with the Era forums? The principle applies here as well. I for one, have been commonly confused or insulted by attitudes or sayings. Sometimes, I feel as if some individuals can have harsh attitudes towards others, whereby it's merely a typical approach where they live. This idea also applies with jokes. For example, a joke one may find funny; another might not (like racist jokes). Talking about individual events may also cause others to feel uncomfortable (such as disasters). These examples are only just a few circumstances I've been affected by the most.

So what do you do to avoid the complex situations? I, for one, have just stuck to the topic that is in a debate. I feel as if it's the most neutral way to convey a point, while not causing any offensive misinterpretations. By going off topic, this increases the risk of possibly touching upon a sensitive subject that one may be uncomfortable discussing.

These circumstances are why we should know that every individual is unique. They may not understand or feel comfortable with the same things you talk about, which is why this notion is so essential to communicating with others.
    Last edited by TyG; 07-06-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

I honestly don't understand this pointless thread, like cool everyone acts different but you don't need to make a whole essay on it.
    If you don't like someone's comments(s) just report the post OR tell a mod what thread & post # it is.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by N!chola$ View Post
    I honestly don't understand this pointless thread, like cool everyone acts different but you don't need to make a whole essay on it.
    If you don't like someone's comments(s) just report the post OR tell a mod what thread & post # it is.
    chill man let him have a chance at being an admin

Quote Originally Posted by hohi416 View Post
    Not gonna lie it's actually been bother me when he says "Dear..." or "Hey....".
    Not gonna tell you what I would do if...
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Not sure where you're coming from here. I think he hit the nail on the head concerning the fact that us forum users need to take a stop back and re-consider our interactions with one another.

Yeah, sure it might be a little long-winded, but the fact is that the forums is a terrible place for discussion in certain circumstances.

Is this even a legitimate reason to be bothered by his thread? Sheesh.

I'm more bothered by your lack in proper spelling and grammar tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by hohi416 View Post
    ^Not even going to deal with this fool.

As for my thoughts on this thread: Yes its a bit long-winded. But, it raises some points worth discussing. People on Era-Go and also more widely, players of Era should be more open-minded when coming into contact with others. The forums are a place for discussion, not shutting others down in an attempt to force your opinion onto them.

I think we should all take a step back and calm down before jumping into replying to a thread. Makes for a more enjoyable and discussion evoking forum community that way in my opinion.

Is basic common sense when interacting with others too much to ask for?

Just my two cents concerning this issue
    Last edited by HammerTime; 07-06-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Oh dear,

I'm glad I wrote this post.
    Last edited by TyG; 07-06-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

Can you summarize what you wrote up there haha

Look N1chola$,

"I'm not gonna lie," if you're upset by how I articulate my words, then you're one of those individuals I'm describing in this article. Despite your issue with how I write, you still have the audacity to put together sentences that have been smashed by a hammer. A comment is useless when you can barely spell or correctly put a sentence together. I'm not attacking you here, but it just worsens what you have to say when ATTACKING someone who knows how to put a sentence together, buddy.

Plus, if you had such a problem with the topic, why didn't you leave? Let me quote myself, "BEFORE READING THIS; SOME MAY REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THIS SUBJECT THAN OTHERS! IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR DO NOT LIKE THE TOPIC ABOUT BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE STOP READING! PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO ANY PERSON WHO AGREES, DISAGREES OR HAS SOMETHING TO ADD ON TO THIS POST."

Don't be one of those individuals that despite being warned, they do it anyway, and then complain about their experience. That notion is foolish.

You are a perfect example of why this thread exists.

ps: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...vorite-item(s)

How does "what's your favorite item" add any impact to the community forums comparative to this one? You have written useless posts.

However, the difference between you and I is that I understand why you wrote it. You did it to bring individuals closer together through discussion. That is the same thing I do but felt this is an obvious issue.

You are just strengthening my thread by approaching me the way you do.

https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...-More-EC/page2 --> I hope you understand sarcasm because I appreciate your comment here.

As much I abhor your comments, you are still an individual, and have a place in this community. So for what you have said about my thread, thank you. I appreciate your opinion.
    Last edited by TyG; 07-06-2017 at 04:52 PM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Quote Originally Posted by TyG View Post
    BEFORE READING THIS, SOME MAY REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THIS TOPIC THAN OTHERS! IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR DO NOT LIKE THE TOPIC ABOUT BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE STOP READING! PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO ANY PERSON WHO AGREES, DISAGREES OR HAS SOMETHING TO ADD ON TO THIS POST.

Dear Era Community,

Having been here since 2012 in the Era community, I've experienced some questionable behavior in-game and on forums. Now, I do understand that there are rules already in place that punishes severe behavior, but I'd like to touch on more circumstantial situations. (Dear moderators. I understand this is a highly delicate topic, but I feel it needs more focus on more circumstantial cases).

Now, EVERY individual is different, and that's what makes everyone so unique in this world, and is what makes Era such a unique community. I love Era for its immense diversity and is what makes me come back regularly to play the game or be on forums. Now, I do not condone ANY severe behavior that is punishable, and I'm sure many understand that, but I'd like to focus on what is right and wrong when approaching or dealing with an individual.

Before I start, I need to re-emphasize the importance of knowing that everyone is a unique individual, majority born and raised differently. This precious principle is important to remember when contacting a person you DO NOT know. You'll see the importance of this principle in this thread.

Now here comes the key principle. Everyone is different, and may not assimilate to YOU or your COMMUNITY. This notion means people may not understand what you are talking about, or your sense of humor, your attitude, or in fact, ANYTHING that has the possibility of being misunderstood. So what does this mean? It means that understanding an individual is key. For example, many can wrongly misinterpret hand gestures. In my school, my friends commonly use the "want to eat?" hand signal, which can be misinterpreted by others as a "screw you" hand signal (they don't do the gestures properly). This principle is why it's important to understand those around or with you.

So, what does this have to do with the Era forums? The principle applies here as well. I for one, have been commonly confused or insulted by attitudes or sayings. Sometimes, I feel as if some individuals can have harsh attitudes towards others, whereby it's merely a typical approach where they live. This idea also applies with jokes. For example, a joke one may find funny; another might not (like racist jokes). Talking about individual events may also cause others to feel uncomfortable (such as disasters). These examples are only just a few circumstances I've been affected by the most.

So what do you do to avoid the complex situations? I, for one, have just stuck to the topic that is in a debate. I feel as if it's the most neutral way to convey a point, while not causing any offensive misinterpretations. By going off topic, this increases the risk of possibly touching upon a sensitive subject that one may be uncomfortable discussing.

These circumstances are why we should know that every individual is unique. They may not understand or feel comfortable with the same things you talk about, which is why this notion is so essential to communicating with others.

Ah, ok good. Big deal Big deal- some decent points. Now you wanna join ECUP?
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

To summarize: think before you speak.

Thanks for pointing that out?
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!