Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Capture the Flag be Removed from Events, or Should It Still be an Event.

Exclamation Should Capture the Flag be Removed from Events, or Should It Still be an Event?

Yo Era,

So I was recently involved in an event known as Capture the Flag (the name of the game explains the function of it). I want to thank Draxx and Fahrenheit for initially pointing out this problem. I would like to question the purpose of Capture the Flag and ponder on whether it should be removed or not.

I may be wrong, but the point of events is to have fun. Having a real fun time in Graal is why admins host events, to entertain users of the game. Now, please tell me how these photos emphasize on having a "fun" time: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing - These comments were just a small percentage of the mountain of hateful comments. I don't have a problem with this, but I'm just curious on why it happens when Graal is supposed to be "kid-friendly," hence, the creation of this post.

I get it; this happens all the time in other games, such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Battlefield, COD, etc. Understandably, this is never the intentions of any developer when creating a game, but I've been in other events and have not seen anything like this.

As the forum user, Draxx pointed out, " You honestly think people are gonna work together when they don't even work together in CTF?"

So, I'd like to ask, why do people like CTF? Is it because they enjoy seeing disputes within a community, or is it because the idea of CTF is fun, but is not perfect as an event because of how poorly played CTF is.

If an event doesn't do what a developer wants people to do, which regarding Graal, is to have fun and remain kid-friendly, then the game/event is not working, specifically CTF in my opinion. The admins need to reach a consensus on what to do. Why not remove the team chat, or not play CTF at all? I've begun to realize that team games in the event house have become increasingly ineffective at being fun, making my escape room idea, not feasible.

I don't fully understand CTF and those who play it, so I'd love to hear why CTF should GO or should STAY, and how (if it can be) CTF can improve as an event. This thread is just how I see CTF as an event.

Thanks!
    Last edited by TyG; 07-12-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

people will complain when its "team" game and im not talking about only era it happan because they like to blame others for losing because they want to feel like they did good but i bet they still having fun allot of games i played have people like this they still enjoy the game but say stuff like this if they win they are happy if not its not the end of the world you know events cant let everyone win but ctf lets half wich is great and allot of people ask for it when there are events in race events they are not as mad as in ctf because most of the people in race know they dont even have chance to win like me lol anyways removing ctf would make allot of people very mad because allot of people love this event because allot of people get a good chance to win ec there too

I'd say maybe just get rid of the "gang" chat for CTF. Nobody uses it for the actual game, it is honestly just used to spam. When I play it I don't even use it because I already know what to do and I am sure many people don't use it either.

CTF is one of the most popular events because it is the one where you will most likely win an EC piece. For this reason I don't think people will want it out.

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    I'd say maybe just get rid of the "gang" chat for CTF. Nobody uses it for the actual game, it is honestly just used to spam. When I play it I don't even use it because I already know what to do and I am sure many people don't use it either.

CTF is one of the most popular events because it is the one where you will most likely win an EC piece. For this reason I don't think people will want it out.
    I really agree with you about removing the chat. It's just filled with spam and toxicity.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

U know what's sadder ?
    When people cheat and staff don't bother to check like please you're hosting CTF for over 100 players, will u die if u watch the gameplay?????
    By cheating I mean hiding the enemy's flag and people who log on both noob account and main account to block their team's entrances.
    Don't forget glitch abusers, those who take no damage.
    ... gangchat spammers. Wow so much fun! Oh and ofc it is overhosted then they be like wow so many players own chem and expensive items, lets nerf them! Instead of fixing the problem from its roots

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    U know what's sadder ?
    When people cheat and staff don't bother to check like please you're hosting CTF for over 100 players, will u die if u watch the gameplay?????
    By cheating I mean hiding the enemy's flag and people who log on both noob account and main account to block their team's entrances.
    ... gangchat spammers. Wow so much fun! Oh and ofc it is overhosted then they be like wow so many players own chem and expensive items, lets nerf them! Instead of fixing the problem from its roots
    Hmm, you're not wrong there. Admins should come together to discuss CTF. There are a lot of issues that need improving upon in CTF.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Really man? It's an iconic event, no reason for it to be removed. Sure it's overhosted, but it's how noobs get ec

Really Xur? I also suggested to just remove the chat instead. I personally don't like the disputes, so it's probably better to just remove the chat instead, because not reading all of them lags my phone out. My issue is NOT with the event being hosted too much.
    Last edited by TyG; 07-12-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    U know what's sadder ?
    -"Will you die if you watch Gameplay"?
    Hopefully every staff does watch the gameplay. I find it entertaining watching players pick flowers and many players get stuck on walls and lag etc so staff should be watching.

-"Hiding the enemies flag"
    I don't see how this is impossible at all. If the staff member is hosting, all they have to do is click a Button and it warps them to the current position of the flag.

-"Block team entrances"
    Staff should watch and any staff who don't, should be more vigilant or ask someone else to spectate.

-"Gang chat spam"
    I'll agree with you on that one. The thing is, I don't think we can settag to blue/red team to view Chats, so we have to rely on PM history.

-"People owning Chem"
    Chemical gun is 200 Event coins. An event coin is 3 event coin pieces. That means you would need 600 wins in CTF alone to get a Chemical gun. That means it would take 1 year 7 months to get the gun on the basis your team won the event at least once every day (Impossible).
    All in all the impression that CTF grants players easy access to expensive items is invalid, in my opinion it's more of a Chance event than Team event; it comes down to the standards of your teammates.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    -"Will you die if you watch Gameplay"?
    Hopefully every staff does watch the gameplay. I find it entertaining watching players pick flowers and many players get stuck on walls and lag etc so staff should be watching.

-"Hiding the enemies flag"
    I don't see how this is impossible at all. If the staff member is hosting, all they have to do is click a Button and it warps them to the current position of the flag.

-"Block team entrances"
    Staff should watch and any staff who don't, should be more vigilant or ask someone else to spectate.

-"Gang chat spam"
    I'll agree with you on that one. The thing is, I don't think we can settag to blue/red team to view Chats, so we have to rely on PM history.

-"People owning Chem"
    Chemical gun is 200 Event coins. An event coin is 3 event coin pieces. That means you would need 600 wins in CTF alone to get a Chemical gun. That means it would take 1 year 7 months to get the gun on the basis your team won the event at least once every day (Impossible).
    All in all the impression that CTF grants players easy access to expensive items is invalid, in my opinion it's more of a Chance event than Team event; it comes down to the standards of your teammates.
    It isn't impossible to win CTF once a day when it's hosted over 6 times a day and don't forget TS it's overhosted aswell
    Last edited by imaginary; 07-12-2017 at 09:43 PM.