Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rima's GFX Retro Kitchen Furniture. What Do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    But it wasn't CC. Sure my opinion was vague, but it clearly was not CC.
    But hey! Thank you for that, I'll keep that noted.
    Elaborate on CC.
    you gotta chill my man

Here it goes:

First thing is first when creating round shapes. Try to avoid any jaggy lines for it can crumble your curves. Yes, some circles do consist on "jaggy" lines, but that is why AA is there to have it smooth. What you did here is not creating a "perfect" round table.
    Not only that, but I noticed you had white under the outline for the table. That right there is called banding and it's a big no no in pixel art. Sometimes it is necessary for smaller images, but for this size, it isn't. You also did banding on the bottom of the table.

So, what I tried to do was AA'ing. Now, don't trust AA always because it can make the edges sharper than before.
    Also, I had the bottom a simple color. Usually, you don't put the outline in between both colors because it looks as if you're separating two things, which is why outlines are made, to separate pieces. For example, you gave your table cloth an outline: that is because you are separating both table and cloth from each other and not having it look to be a design of the table. As for the table cloth, I think that was well made. Good job!

Now, when I said it looks flat, I meant to say the stove looks flat.

Remember, lighting comes from the top! When I saw this stove, It was as if lighting was everywhere. x-x Think of it as a cube, the top will be lighter than the front.

Here's a little example so you can understand lighting a little bit.
    Also, you basically turned down the value in shading. Colors don't dim from value with the same hue- no, they change hue and saturation.
    Take note of this thread and this devianart post.

Same goes for the refrigerator. Sunny side up.

I like the idea of the clock, but fix the shape of the circle. It seems a bit too square-looking.
    I would suggest on practicing with circles. I used to practice this by creating orbs.

Here's a great video for a better understanding.

If you have references, great, but don't follow them when it's time to color and shade.

Good luck.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Here it goes:

First thing is first when creating round shapes. Try to avoid any jaggy lines for it can crumble your curves. Yes, some circles do consist on "jaggy" lines, but that is why AA is there to have it smooth. What you did here is not creating a "perfect" round table.
    Not only that, but I noticed you had white under the outline for the table. That right there is called banding and it's a big no no in pixel art. Sometimes it is necessary for smaller images, but for this size, it isn't. You also did banding on the bottom of the table.

So, what I tried to do was AA'ing. Now, don't trust AA always because it can make the edges sharper than before.
    Also, I had the bottom a simple color. Usually, you don't put the outline in between both colors because it looks as if you're separating two things, which is why outlines are made, to separate pieces. For example, you gave your table cloth an outline: that is because you are separating both table and cloth from each other and not having it look to be a design of the table. As for the table cloth, I think that was well made. Good job!

Remember, lighting comes from the top! When I saw this stove, It was as if lighting was everywhere. x-x Think of it as a cube, the top will be lighter than the front.

Also, you basically turned down the value in shading. Colors don't dim from value with the same hue- no, they change hue and saturation.

I like the idea of the clock, but fix the shape of the circle. It seems a bit too square-looking.
    I would suggest on practicing with circles. I used to practice this by creating orbs.

If you have references, great, but don't follow them when it's time to color and shade.

Good luck.
    Doesn't look jaggy to me this is some real **** cc man lmfao
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon123 View Post
    Doesn't look jaggy to me this is some real **** cc man lmfao
    I don't see the humor in this.

Here it goes:

Good luck.
    Thank you so much
    The bottom of the table wasn't shading I was trying to make but metal lol some old school tables have some metal rings around them (kinda like the chairs) but I didn't know how to create that lol

It does look better the way you made them tho!

I did fix the stove (it's on my other gfx thread) but I will attempt to change the colors to make it look better