Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom Uploads before 50 Hours

Custom Uploads before 50 Hours

Hi folks,

I've been an Era player for several years and I've always loved the GFX and custom uploads element of Era. I make/edit most of my customs and have provided edited work for many other players during my time on Era.

My boyfriend expressed interest in playing Era with me, so he made an account and I helped him get an M4. At 8 hours of playtime, he decided he wanted to have a custom head. We promptly went to Wal-Mart for a 15$ iTunes card and I edited a head for him.

Because of uploading restrictions, I could not upload the head for him to see in-game until the money was added to his account so he could afford the head. So, he bought a 27500$ Gralats pack with Canadian dollars. I attempted to upload the head again, and I was informed that he needed 50 in-game hours. I can't help but feel like we've been scammed out of 15$ bucks, especially since there is no warning on the Era-Go upload page that this is a requirement.

Wondering if someone can tell me why there is an online time requirement for customs. Seems pretty silly to me and I'm very disappointed with our purchase
    It is said that happiness will come to those who see a gathering of Clefairy dancing under a full moon.

Just afk for two days lol

Wow I had no idea this existed. Unfortunately it seems like the only thing you can do for now is wait...

It's probably to prevent people from making too many "second" accounts that they will probably never use. But this is probably not true.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    What's with everyone making friends who play Graal!? I'm moving to America.

I actually did not know this existed, but I suppose it's to make new players focus on earning cash rather than buying uploads?
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    What's with everyone making friends who play Graal!? I'm moving to America.

I actually did not know this existed, but I suppose it's to make new players focus on earning cash rather than buying uploads?
    Or maybe to prevent players of making new accounts to spam uploads WHo KnowS

Same thing happened to My Twin brother wanted to play Era and since it was Black Friday the uploads was half off we got the cash for it but he had to wait or afk for a few hours since we got the message as well. For me it seems fair so admins don't have to deal with people uploading with only 1 hour .
    My Name Is Reborn and you're watching Disney Channel.

vro this game brings back memories

There seems to be no sort of good reason for this to exist. If players decide they want to spend money on a game that has in-app purchases, that's their choice, not the dev's choice, and they should be entitled to recieve what they want, especially if they paid real money for it.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    There seems to be no sort of good reason for this to exist. If players decide they want to spend money on a game that has in-app purchases, that's their choice, not the dev's choice, and they should be entitled to recieve what they want, especially if they paid real money for it.
    Powerful message mikey, Limiting player choices as a newcomer is just absurd.
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

I agree with Mikey as well. If devs want to encourage newcomers to earn money by digging or other in-game methods, then don't allow them to buy Gralats packs for their first 50 hours. To allow him to buy the Gralats and then not spend them how he wishes is unfair, and in my opinion, a bit scummy.
    It is said that happiness will come to those who see a gathering of Clefairy dancing under a full moon.

The issue is that PR's see so many uploads a day, they probably wanted to restrict it. I don't believe people at 100 hours even know what a upload is... But waiting is probably best usually when I make a head or something I won't really like how it looks in game.