Thread: Better weapon discriptions

Lightbulb Better weapon descriptions

I was just visiting the ec shop and I recognized the gun descriptions are very vague,the AC's description says a "rare gun which shoots explosives" The Luger says "The luger has arrived dealing 9 dmg" the gas gun says "A rare gas gun that shoots explosives" The descriptions are self explanatory in the name>.< then the chainsaw gun doesn't seem to have much difference with the Neo rifle aside from the low ammo of the neo rifle,the AK 74u seems to have a very clear description yet it seems that the M16 is better.I am also thinking on why the red mace does 8 dmg and cost 30 ec while the kiwi dagger is 9 dmg and 20 ec very strange.I hope we can describe these better thanks.
    Last edited by Ken27; 08-22-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Yeah, basically all of the gun descriptions are lacking. Maybe in the little buy window, there could be a button that would show up a gif of someone shooting the gun as fast as it goes or something.
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...?3198-Hologram
    Quote Originally Posted by PoeticFolly View Post
    Yeah, basically all of the gun descriptions are lacking. Maybe in the little buy window, there could be a button that would show up a gif of someone shooting the gun as fast as it goes or something.
    I suggested this before lol
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

Who's job would that be. The GAs?
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

I agree but it's up to the admins to do this in the future:O

Big Cheese Captain
    Holy crap. Very good idea!
    iEra Developer / SFX Admin

Need help? Contact me:
    Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Who's job would that be. The GAs?
    *GA. 1 doesn't seem to do anything.

Update these gun descriptions when found in shops.

Steyr Aug
    Current:
    The AUG shoots only one bullet, it has quite good accuracy and deals 8 damage. It has a clip size of 24.

Good accuracy? This description is the complete opposite of what the gun is now. It has wide spread and is like a Steampunk Pistol with better rate of fire with slightly less spread. The accuracy is wide, not tight spread. Players who buy this gun will feel confused as they expected it to have good accuracy. Not terrible accuracy.

Replace good accuracy with, "It has wide spread and deals 8 damage."

MK23
    Current:
    The MK23 shoots only one bullet, it has 100% accuracy and deals 7 damage.

Just like the Steyr Aug but with a much more misleading description. 100% accuracy? This gun has spread on it! The spread on this gun isn't tight either. It has quite some spread.

Replace 100% accuracy with "it has wide spread an deals 7 damage."

Ak47 ($1500)
    Current:
    The Ak47 shoots only one bullet, it has 100% accuracy and deals 7 damage.

Not only does the gun have a misleading description, new players buy this gun! They won't expect to see that guns have misleading descriptions like this weapon. This gun has some spread to it. Not 100% accuracy, but good accuracy.

Replace 100% accuracy with "it has good accuracy and deals 7 damage"

Shotgun ($800)
    Current:
    The shotgun shoots many bullets at once. It can be used as a dual weapon for quicker reload times. Deals 5 damage.

This weapon's description is as misleading as it gets. Not only is this weapon much easier to access by newer players, it's a way to mislead players into thinking it's a powerful gun and fool players into thinking dual shotguns result faster reload times. That's not the case. This weapon needs urgent description update as new players may buy this weapon for the wrong description. The shotgun isn't that good. After performing some quick testing, the dual shotgun does not speed up your reload time.

Replace dual weapon for quicker reload times with "It can be used a dual weapon." (Just remove the quicker reload times)
    Replace deals 5 damage as "Deals 1 damage per bullet." (This is more detailed, in case players think it does 5 damage per bullet)

====
    There are more weapons with misleading descriptions, but these are the weapons I found with very misleading descriptions.

Thats good!
    Youtube:
    graalcool
    Facebook:
    graalcool
    Play Games
    Call me death or graalcool