Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gang Spar Tournament 2017: Feedback

Banned

Gang Spar Tournament 2017: Feedback

Hi all,

GST has happened yesterday and now I'd like to receive some feedback from you all.
    I'm aware the crashing has had a significant impact on a lot of matches, however that is sadly not something I'm able to fix - it's an issue with the application which will hopefully be fixed soon.

What do you think about the arena I made? Better than last year? Suggestions?
    What do you say about the stream? Was it co-ordinated? Music? Quality?
    What do you think about the flags? Good if they're kept in the GST theme (purple)?

Just leave your feedback below!
    Constructive criticism is much appreciated.

Rewatch the GST 2017 on YouTube:
    bit.ly/EraGST2017

Gang Spar Tournament 2017: Feedback

what if the map had color to them like more realistic not just plain purple black colors

the stream was funny i liked it so fun and enjoyable to watch, good job hosters

or try diff maps after moving to next round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Asian From Australia, 2 years till Uni
    Pm 'Costo' for any questions
    I like BLACKPINK cause korean girls are cute
    Kpop is generally taking over the world, if you like kpop we can be friends
    #Erasince2014

I liked the map a lot better than the previous years. The stream was very enjoyable to watch and the commentators did a great job.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Everything was Great The only thing that was dumb was the crashing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JustJoshuaLikeABoss

I don't see any reason to even change the arena for next year. Perhaps a more strategic look on top, but that's all.

One thing I would like to see added is trophy customization.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    This year's arena was amazing, I liked that it really consisted of 'who pushes who' and the structure made it complicated to simply rush. The bottom portion was great, as it took a player or two to hold it down well, and the narrow gap made it hard to dodge, plus if it wasn't held well enough, that bottom player can get some good shots in.

The stream was great, I think Sequel and Casper did an amazing job on discussing the matches and having a bit of fun in between. I didn't really like seeing Kirzey's health bar deplete and rise, but it was fairly minor, with the exception of the end of iFreeze vs. Bling where he actually died and we missed a bit of it. I loved the stream, kept my eyes glued from beginning to end.

I slightly disliked that the flags were so casual, I think they could've had a lot more pizzazz to every single one, maybe an icon or logo that defines that gang. Overall, I applaud the job done this year, I think the overall coordination of this GST was great.
    I'm looking forward to the next one.

Manager
    Arena was great. Significantly better than last year - it encouraged skilful pushing, and had a greater emphasis on strategic gameplay.
    I'd suggest keeping it for next year (or at least keeping the vast majority of it, and only making minor changes)

Commentary was great; however maybe kirzey could increase the resolution/zoom out a little bit more, so we can see a larger area. Or possibly have multiple views from different parts of the arena at the same time?

I liked the consistent flags, better than last year imo. Maybe make it a little more unique next year with a gang emblem behind the head of the leader, on the flag, or something of the sort?

Other than that, everything was great, the only real issue was the crashing, which toonslab needs to fix asap.

The arena was amazing. Commentary as well. The only complain I have got Is the lack of bottom clips, of course the crashings were the main issue but that's not something you control.

I had a really fun time competing, and I certainly feel this has been the best GST for me personally. The map was amazing, the layout allowed for strategic moves and defensive tactics so a team could rebound from losing a few members. The teams were great, a lot of competition, and an unexpected finish. (unexpected as in everybody kinda thought it would be Shrekt vs Freeze 3)

A shorter length of 5 hours was good, it was somewhat better that the 7 hours last year. Only issue was the crashing, this destroyed some teams and saved some teams. Either way with the right moves it could have been countered, but all teams were effected by it, and some far worse than others. Next year my suggestions are be more strict on the ping limit, and keep the map or change it slightly
    yo

Zephlyn
    This year GST was really fun, I had a nice time watching and playing. I feel that on this arena the strategy was more important than past years, and more competitive as before (last year you could sit and spam in a line waiting for the other team to make a movement (peek-a-boo)). This map was more aggressive and it made the matches shorter than the last year.

However, I would like the arena changed, not because I don't like it or because it's not good, it's because I would like to see more arenas added to the GST. Next year arena could be similar though, making the both teams adapt a aggressive style.

Going more to the technical aspects, I felt that the GST needed more preparation, the stream started with a hour delay and some matches got some problems, such as the gun not working and friendly fire. Maybe next year the staff could test it better, just like it was made the past years (I remember that there was a staff department called "Beta testers" that were a group of players that tested every level, or new building that was going to be released with the objective to report all the bugs and glitches).

Basically this is a video of the beta testing team on a mini game that never got released.

The stream had a really good quality, and it was kind of coordinated. The reason of this is because the one recording the stream wasn't the commentator, so the commentators could be talking about the game going on at the bottom but the recorder could be at the middle. Also, sometimes the recorder was laggy and we couldn't see the action going on for some seconds. Apart from that, it was a really good stream, loved the idea of the hat finding, but next year I would add again the roster image idea. The commentators did a excellent job, and I'm glad that Sequel investigated a bit of every gang before going into the action.

A thing that I didn't like this years were the flags. I preferred the last year flags where you could make it as you want according to the theme of your gang. Having the head and the name of your gang written in a flag made me feel that they didn't care about the flags and they rushed them.

Also I would like to point out the rewards, they're almost the same every year and the rewards given you can also obtain them by basing or winning crypt. I would like to see this changed next year, because the game got a lot of gang hats already, maybe make something more original next time instead of having a hat. It could be a gang body that could protect from explosive damage or reduce the damage by a 20-40%. Basically it would be nice to have different rewards for the next year, since the server is full of gang hats.

Last but not least, I would like to return to the old qualification system, where the gangs could qualify by basing, base battle or gang spar. Nowadays it's really easy to obtain basing hours if your gang has a home base, since there's not much gangs that are interesting in basing. So I was thinking that it would be good if on multiplex there could be new events added, such as a CTF with multiplex guns, a TTS with multiplex guns, etc. Having this events implemented, could make the qualifications be more competitive and make sure that the gangs qualifying were doing it using multiplex guns.