Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gst redo?

Quote Originally Posted by TomLacroixGodelic View Post
    People say it sunfair for other teams who crashed out everyone had a risk of crashing if other team won they would have said no redo. Also as most people know flushy is a prodominantly arab team meaning they was playing at 1-3 am depending where they are from. Is it fair they have to play at that time again.
    For you to bring race into this matter is completely absurd. Every single gang had to make sacrifices to participate in this GST. For those sacrifices to go to waste because of a glitch none of us had control over is just unfair to everyone. If flushy would have lost their finals match due to crashing, I'm sure they would agree that crashing was unfair. Since it worked in their favor leading up to the finals, they are okay with it.

Manager
    The GST being re-done is a good idea.

The number of crashes were unprecedented, we assumed there would be maybe one or two crashes through the entire competition, however in some cases, up to five members of one team crashed, in a single round. By the time this occurred, it was a little too late, and the GST was well underway, so it couldn't be stopped.

The GST is about fair, skill based gameplay, any factor of luck is unacceptable, and it ruins it, imo. It should be redone, after the crashing issue is resolved.

The best team will win, after all, and it'll be fair, so there's no need for the best performing teams to be concerned about losing, if they truly out-skill other teams, they'll win yet again. I think most rewards will be retained also, to compensate for the issues.

Staff are just as frustrated as you are, if not more, i wish we didn't have those issues, at the end of the day all we want is a fair GST, no team should have any crashing, and there should be no aspect of luck involved.

Redo is needed ,a lot of teams lost because of all the crashes.

Soldier
    This GST was by a large margin the most unbalanced GST since the first 2 years which were a disaster and we can all agree on that. Everyone is focusing on the crashes which IS a very large reason why many teams lost including iFreeze Kartel and many others. Although this is a major reason for the imbalances in the GST, there is one other MAJOR factor in the outcome and that factor is the well known freeze glitch with the multiplex gun. No one will ever admit to using this but it was used and can be noticed in many players in nearly every gang in the GST. There was no precautionary effort put into stopping this glitch after the measures caused bugs in the first round meaning everyone could use and abuse this very game changing glitch.

In my opinion and I'm sure many other teams agree that this gst wasn't about skill or team work, it was about who can have the least amount of crashes. If you don't agree that this gst wasn't like the others your just trying to save you *** from losing. I believe that there should be a redo but top two gangs that got there hat they should keep there gas mask in compensation.

I believe a redo is necessary for this GST. I say this because the crashing issue did severely affect the outcome of many games. For example, the match between Freeze and Curse where multiple members of Freeze crashed affected how the match played out and led to Curse winning. Another is Fin v C0NS where 3 members CRASHED (me being one of them crashing before entering the arena) and two others crashing against the 5v3. Without a doubt, the winners of this year should be able to keep their rewards (hats and auto-qualification atleast), and all teams should be given another chance. Afterall, I still believe some teams who got far this year will be able to get as far as they did before.

Zephlyn
    A member is important on the GST. He decides whether you have advantage at the arena or not, maybe he is the game changer or he is the one holding one position. If you lose a member that were assigned at one position, it'll be harder to defend for the losing team.

Here I made a example of what could happen if certain member crashed in the arena (it didn't happen on GST but could happen):
    http://imgur.com/a/hFDi3
    If Skrrt, the member of Curse holding that area, would had crashed, it would allow Flushy to flank the opposite team and kill them from behind. There could be hundreds of scenarios that shows that the crashing is a game changer, but I won't bother to find them all.

Redo Gst, it was garbage this year. If you say it wasn't you're lying to yourself so stfu.

The GST was basically decided by crashing. Many teams would be winning and all of a sudden the momentum would change because someone crashed.

Freeze personally had 5 ppl crash in the semi finals match against Curse and in the second best of 3 match we had 3 ppl crash. The frustrating part of those matches were that we would be winning and all of a sudden our members would crash and the momentum would swing. I think ppl didn't realize how bad the crashes were because the commentators pretty much ignored anyone that crashed and assumed they died.

So I guess if people want to know who really is the best team, you should definitely redo it seeing how this year the map truly tests skill. If people are ok with teams advancing based on the number of crashes, then I believe the reputation of the GST takes a huge hit.

The teams that won should definitely get something for their dedication because it's not their fault their opponents crashed.

After reading almost every Comment i have some things to point out
    1-Being an Arabian Guy as well , Gst was harshly 6-8 Pm for me after the delay and depending on the timezone .. It ended 12-1:00 am ( for flushy and final participants ) so its bascially a normal day of summer and not a big deal
    2- Alot , and i mean Alot of teams got denied from resuming Gst due to Crash 1 being Kartel ( full respect to tetris ) and i believe us ( Mk ) cuz we lost 3 members due to crash and 2 being at the very start which i believe we did well holding all that time being in a 10v12
    3- If Flushy claims to be Gst champs ( which i also respect every single member cuz of personal friendship ) i dont see why they cant do it again with such a strong team , and if that happens i would give this team an exclusive reward .
    4-Top 3 teams should keep their rewards , if they win again then so be it .. if not , then another team get to have rewards as well ( Hat wise , idk about having 50 players with trophy or smth )
    Just a personal Opinion , Cuz i Enjoyed Gst till we got mugged due to crashing .. Full respect to Anero for Hosting Gst in the first place .. and I hope it can be more fun and more competitive if he Re-Does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk