Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: An Easy Guide for New Era Players to Follow! :)

Post An Easy Guide for New Era Players to Follow! :)

So what's up Era?

I've noticed a fair bit of hardship for new Era players in-game as many of them struggle to understand the game. I would not be surprised if a guide to understanding the game already came out, but I'll try to put as much information about the forums and the game in this thread, hopefully making this a handy guide for everyone to use.

What Can We Do in this Game?
    Being a 2010-2011 player (I can't recall), I've learned a lot about this game in its entirety, and let's say that Graal Era comes as a massive package. There is a multitude of activities that you can participate in, and because of this, I am going to divide this part of the thread into sub-topics.

Your Player Profile
    By clicking on yourself, you see your avatar and a bunch of details: Online-Time (how long you've been playing Graal), Relationship (Single, Partner, Married), Gralats ($) (How much cash you have, Hitpoints (Health), Align (Gangster or Cop). Those are features you see on the top of your screen. At the bottom, you can see: Kills (How many users you annihilated), Spar W-L (Your one-on-one win to loss ratio), MPX-Solo (Multiplex Sparring win to loss ratio). You can click on others players to see their profile.

When on your profile, you have multiple options to click on, I'll start with
    Achievements
    You can check out what you've completed in the game and gives you EC pieces when finished. You have a Secret, Personal, PK/Spar and Misc achievements. These all require a particular action that you need to conduct to complete the achievement. Here is a guide (if you're too lazy to find out how to do it): http://nicograalweb.weebly.com/achievements.html

Edit
    Here, you can modify:
    - Your information (your nickname, gender, country, language, relationship status, the gang tags you want to put on or identify your account through e-mail)
    - Your options (edit the sound, the way you want the game to run, managing all your notifications, etc.)
    - Your look (how your avatar looks in-game. Please note that you can MAKE your heads/body/anything through downloading a template. Here's the link: http://www.graaldepot.com/697-2 You will upload your customs here: http://eraupload.graalonline.com/).

Status
    Here, you can edit the look of your profile or what the words say under your avatar. To modify the background, find codes here: http://fredzgraal.weebly.com/background-codes.html. You can edit the font size and color of your text as well, check some here (just bare through the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sylbIJPeWgY

Chatting
    To chat, click on the white speech bubble. By pressing this speech bubble and typing something, you will generate a text over your avatar's head, which is supposed to be your avatar speaking. When you join a gang, you will have a green speech bubble feature. It is used to communicate to your group members. If you receive a message, the player's avatar will pop up either next to the green speech bubble (if you're in a gang) or the white speech bubble (if you don't have a gang).

Basing
    To take a base, you need to be a part of a gang. To control one, go to the station designated for each zone and fight against the defending group. If you get far enough, you'll see a safe with HP. Get it down from fifty to zero HP. By doing so, you'll have the base, and you'll have to defend it. Controlling a base will donate hours to your gang. The more hours a gang has, the more respectable and bigger it becomes.

PK-ing/Sparring
    - Player killing: It's when you are in PK areas and kill players in that area to get your kill amount up.
    - Sparring: A skillful game where you are in a battleground with another player. You will fight head-to-head to see who loses all their HP first. The first to lose all their HP, lose, and the survivor wins. Sparring will affect your sparring K/D ratio, depending on your performance in sparring activities. Sparring rings are near the 'Start,' on the left of Blazian Bandits Zone, or at the bottom of Southridge.

Shopping
    You can shop for furniture or fashion. Let's start with furniture:
    - You can purchase furniture and place it in your house or gang house. Going to your house or gang house can be accessed by clicking on your profile or by clicking the phone feature (a gang house is only open to group members). You can visit your friend's house by clicking on their profile --> More Actions --> Enter House/Gang House. You can also invite them by clicking on their profile --> More Actions --> Invite to Gang House/House.
    - For fashion, you can buy bodies, heads, and hats. After purchase, you can find it by clicking on your profile --> Edit --> Looks.

Jobs
    By doing jobs, you can earn Gralats, which is what you use to purchase things in Graal. Here's how you can do it:
    - Speedy Pizza: Make pizzaz: buy a wooden pan, grab a table, and you'll get some dough. 'Grab' the sauce first, then the cheese. Then get your toppings. Once done, put it in the oven. You will get cash after that. Do it over and over again.

- Digging: Dig for shells by using shovels that can break. "Buy as many shovels as possible to dig for as many shells as possible." Sell these shells at a shell shop. Watch out for crabs! They'll come and attack you if you find one. If you're lucky, you'll get a crab shell if you kill them. Sell these at a 'Crab' store (near Southridge). Do note that shells are a very popular currency for trading.

- Mail: Go to a post office and talk to one of the NPCs. They will ask you to go to specific places to deliver mail. You'll get money once finished.

- Mining: Go to a mine, buy a drill and drill for rocks. Convert those rocks into material sold at a shop next to the mines. Do note that these materials help perfect your gun as well, making it provide the maximum amount of damage it can produce.

- Mushrooms: Use a mushroom knife to cut down mushrooms you find in the grass. Sell it at a mushroom store (looks like a tent with a giant octopus thing).

- Flower: Use a basket to collect flowers you find in the grass. Sell it at a flower store.

- Driving: Find a man in white (popularly located near the 'Start') and grab him. He'll give you a job to drive his friend somewhere from the bank (building located south from the man).

Trading
    Exchanging or selling items is a traditional method of acquiring rare items. Commonly, many trades are at trading tables located in the Trading House at 'Start.' There are much more Trading Houses, but are not as popular as the one in 'Start.' Many items are valued differently due to their rareness. Although many exchange items with each other, many will also trade using shells, so get digging!

Other Important Stuff
    Here is some other important information you should know about the game!

Map
    By clicking on this feature (should be on the left side of the screen (looks like a map)) you'll be able to see the whole of Era! North of Era is where most things everything happens, South of Era is Southridge, which is not the most favorite area to be in (in my opinion). There are zones in this game, which is where you can take a base to control that zone.

Here are the areas in red/green (north):
    Box Factory Zone, Gangster Zone, Tachi Zone, Blazian Bandits Zone, Mafia Zone, Blackholst Zone and Lethal Securities.

Here are the zones in blue/green (south):
    Pirates Zone, Neo Zone and Guerre Zone (Please note that Cop Land doesn't have a base YET).

You can also see the shops that are in fashion, furniture or weaponry. You can find jobs to do on this map, see how many people are online and see where your friends are as well.

Phone Icon
    This feature will bring down a whole selection of features you can explore. The title of each feature is self-explanatory. It's on top of the map function.

Admin Hosted Activities
    Admins frequently host events or auctions.
    - Games at the Event House will win you EC Coins or pieces. These will help you get outstanding items at the Event Shop!
    - Auctions are self-explanatory. Bid as quickly as you can to stand a chance at winning an expensive item hopefully! Auctions in Era are a pure luck game!
    Admins will alert you that they are hosting before actually hosting.

VIP
    By buying VIP, you can get:
    1) Unique Items
    2) Unlimited Ammo, Unlimited Gun Repairs, Unlimited Revive Potions
    3) Clothing
    4) Larger gas tanks for cars, faster walking and swim speed.
    5) Increases Star Friends spaces from 3 to 10.
    The VIP feature is on the phone feature.

News
    Located on the phone feature, you can check out recent/seasonal updates on special events or improvements!

Friends Feature
    Again, located on the phone feature. The friend's function will show you all your friends! You can add players by clicking on them --> Add.

Feedback
    Located on the phone feature, you can submit and suggestions you have for the game.
    To report any suspicious or inappropriate activity, click on the player --> More Actions --> Report --> Select and Write Down Reasons Why You're Reporting.

Admins
    Admins are in Era to be your friend and help solve disputes. They are always here to listen to your problems in Graal, so do not hesitate to ask them for help. Being immature or asking to become an admin will not produce a response out of the admins you are contacting. Here are the lists of jobs and admins in each of these jobs: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...istration-List

I hope this guide helps! Feel free to add on anything that you think will help newer players understand the game better!

Cheers!
    Last edited by TyG; 07-18-2017 at 10:40 PM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

Very helpful guide, however, many new players if not all do not use or know of this forum. Heck many veteran/old players don't even use this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Casshern Sins View Post
    Very helpful guide, however, many new players if not all do not use or know of this forum. Heck many veteran/old players don't even use this forum.
    Gosh darn! You're right! I'll try figure something out with the admins. Thanks so much for the compliment!
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

You're a 2010 player? Tell me what month you started in.
    Last time I checked, you didn't even know that EC pieces existed until 4 weeks ago.

I get you're trying to help, perhaps get this stickied, but it's not needed. It's covered in the tutorial.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    It's covered in the tutorial.
    What are you talking about? The tutorial does not explain even half of this.

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    What are you talking about? The tutorial does not explain even half of this.
    I just did the tutorial. It doesn't cover any of the points I talked about in this guide. Thanks Nani for the support.

Um, Draxx, I knew EC pieces existed. Think I talked about EC pieces in events. I only got confused with what game gave EC coins. Appreciate you seeing my intentions!

PS, I edited it for you. I'm not sure if I joined in 2010 or 2011. I know I only discovered achievements until a lot later. My first one I did was in 2012. Sorry I couldn't answer that question correctly! I took a long break between 16' to 17'.

Last edited by TyG; 07-18-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Quote Originally Posted by TyG View Post
    I just did the tutorial. It doesn't cover any of the points I talked about in this guide. Thanks Nani for the support.

Um, Draxx, I knew EC pieces existed. Think I talked about EC pieces in events. I only got confused with what game gave EC coins. Appreciate you seeing my intentions!

PS, I edited it for you. I'm not sure if I joined in 2010 or 2011. I know I only discovered achievements until a lot later. My first one I did was in 2012. Sorry I couldn't answer that question correctly! I took a long break between 16' to 17'.

So you're intention was for this to get stickied? That's low.

I guess it's a good guide it's just not very necessary.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    So you're intention was for this to get stickied? That's low.

I guess it's a good guide it's just not very necessary.
    Wait, what? That's not true at all. It was just to do something good; help new users. My new friends struggled with the tutorial Era gave, so I wanted to provide them with this guide. I don't care whether it gets stickied at all. It might've not helped you considering you're an old player, but it helped my friends, and I hope it does the same for other new users.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

This was very helpful, I stickied the thread since newer members can learn a lot from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Canavi View Post
    This was very helpful, I stickied the thread since newer members can learn a lot from this.
    Thank you very much Blitz, I hope this boosts new user's knowledge of the game, making their experience a lot more enjoyable!!

Thank you! <3
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...