Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rima's GFX Thread~

Kendrick if it’s meant to look gold on the brim of the hat and design on the hat i reccomend not simplifying it. The purpose of a metallic look isn’t a straight on with darker colors moving away or lighter colors moving away. It is meant to be slightly erratic, and in my opinion to obtain the best look one must not simply just gradient it. You need to strongly contrast it in parts to give the idea of a shine. Same with swords that oh so many people make. It isn’t simply a shine with slightly darker outlines enveloping it. The idea is a stark contrast so it provides more meaning with its visibility. Otherwise it looks like melted cheese and that’s a problem i see so many people struggle with when trying to make their gold this or that.
    heyhey

Quote Originally Posted by kendrick View Post
    awesome! Alrighty, let's go ahead and check this out.

so the first thing that i see is an unorganized messy color palette. Don't get me wrong, using many colors can work, but it depends how you use it.
    For this, it didn't work so well, because you're using colors that don't make a difference.

Here's your palette.

colors shading are extremely close to the next and last. (not a good thing..)
    here are some links for making a color palette:
    click here!
    click here too for more reading!
    more!
    here's a video!

with that being said, let's try to make a better and simple palette. (if the colors come out bad, i am sorry, my pc has inaccurate colors.)

there you go. Something simple and easy to use. This won't be your final palette of course, because colors won't always be as you desire them to be. You can add or remove, but the key is to keep your palette limited! =]

let's go ahead and remove everything, color-wise, and replace it with our new colors.

there you go. Now time to shade.

oh! Before you continue, i just want to point out something in your original nutcracker.

there is banding within this image. =o
    read this small guide i made for nour regarding banding.

now let's go back!

and there we have it! If you can see, i didn't go with the palette at all times, but i did try to keep my limit thoroughly.
    I hope this helped you.

As for perspective, i think it's fine, i don't see anything wrong with the image, just keep shading in mind when perspective comes in. =o

here's the image if you want to play with it.

If you have any further questions, just shoot it!

Rima made me do this: (pls no ban me)
    nuuuu i was destroyed by senpai lmaoooooooo

- - - Updated - - -

I can't give you rep lol

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    nuuuu i was destroyed by senpai lmaoooooooo

- - - Updated - - -

I can't give you rep lol
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    LMAO

It just says I can't give you rep until I give rep to someone else first.

Quote Originally Posted by Po0p View Post
    Kendrick if it’s meant to look gold on the brim of the hat and design on the hat i reccomend not simplifying it. The purpose of a metallic look isn’t a straight on with darker colors moving away or lighter colors moving away. It is meant to be slightly erratic, and in my opinion to obtain the best look one must not simply just gradient it. You need to strongly contrast it in parts to give the idea of a shine. Same with swords that oh so many people make. It isn’t simply a shine with slightly darker outlines enveloping it. The idea is a stark contrast so it provides more meaning with its visibility. Otherwise it looks like melted cheese and that’s a problem i see so many people struggle with when trying to make their gold this or that.
    I see.
    May I ask for visualization? Sorry, words aren't good with me.

Been some time since I last updated this thread lol here is some stuff I have made recently, the only stuff I didn't put are the hats lol

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Isn't that the VIP camera?
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    Isn't that the VIP camera?
    Yeh I did the graphics for it :0

I love your stuffo: so cute
    so you were the one who made the camera!

I really like the shading style

tysm for the camera