Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rima's GFX Thread~

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post

Lmaoooo I made a nutcraker

I know it is poorly shaded but idk lmao I just for some reason think its funny!
    Looks Dope!

the hands should not have too much shading like that the shape probably suppost to be blocky and shading like that on block shape front is not very good should be less shades and more smooth and matching the shape anyways try to get more things with shading that show their top part not only "obvious" shapes like hat and stand you usualy suppost to try to make everything in that way for example the hands top i will guess its like a wooden block so it could go there parts of the clothes hair and such pretty nice red colors tho

Quote Originally Posted by WreX View Post
    the hands should not have too much shading like that the shape probably suppost to be blocky and shading like that on block shape front is not very good should be less shades and more smooth and matching the shape anyways try to get more things with shading that show their top part not only "obvious" shapes like hat and stand you usualy suppost to try to make everything in that way for example the hands top i will guess its like a wooden block so it could go there parts of the clothes hair and such pretty nice red colors tho
    No the hands are circles, spheres ; _ ; but I get what u mean with me using too many colors lol

By the way could u explain this a little further? I don't get it lol

"for example the hands top i will guess its like a wooden block so it could go there parts of the clothes hair and such"

allot of colors could be good actually sometimes but at one small part its usualy not anyways circle shading dont go like this but here is an example of circle shading not made by me
    for the other part what i mean is to try to show the top of objects like some parts in the cloths another way to explain this is like the hat and stand you made you used bright to shade it so it looks like the top of the object the same thing could be in allot of other parts just showing the top corners etc in a good way that match the material and the shape of it

Quote Originally Posted by WreX View Post
    allot of colors could be good actually sometimes but at one small part its usualy not anyways circle shading dont go like this but here is an example of circle shading not made by me
    for the other part what i mean is to try to show the top of objects like some parts in the cloths another way to explain this is like the hat and stand you made you used bright to shade it so it looks like the top of the object the same thing could be in allot of other parts just showing the top corners etc in a good way that match the material and the shape of it
    Ah you mean perspective! I tried it on the shoulders but failed miserably lmao

- - - Updated - - -

I tried fixing it a bit lol tried to shade the hands square rather than like a sphere.

May you please show a 100% view of the nutcracker?
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    May you please show a 100% view of the nutcracker?
    What do u mean?

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post

Lmaoooo I made a nutcraker

I know it is poorly shaded but idk lmao I just for some reason think its funny!
    As in the original file and not one that is expanded.

NutCracker.png

Here :P I actually tried to fix it haha

Don't scold my ugly shading ; - ;

Edit- Damn, it looks tiny lmao

Awesome! Alrighty, let's go ahead and check this out.

So the first thing that I see is an unorganized messy color palette. Don't get me wrong, using many colors can work, but it depends how you use it.
    For this, it didn't work so well, because you're using colors that don't make a difference.

Here's your palette.

Colors shading are extremely close to the next and last. (Not a good thing..)
    Here are some links for making a color palette:
    Click here!
    Click here too for more reading!
    More!
    Here's a video!

With that being said, let's try to make a better and simple palette. (If the colors come out bad, I am sorry, my PC has inaccurate colors.)

There you go. Something simple and easy to use. This won't be your final palette of course, because colors won't always be as you desire them to be. You can add or remove, but the key is to keep your palette limited! =]

Let's go ahead and remove everything, color-wise, and replace it with our new colors.

There you go. Now time to shade.

Oh! Before you continue, I just want to point out something in your original nutcracker.

There is banding within this image. =o
    Read this small guide I made for Nour regarding banding.
     Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    It's never rude to ask questions!

Banding is a mix of pillow shading and AA. Banding is mainly common in small clusters. As an artist, you are tempted to AA those lines, but having do it, it makes a separate color for that AA having it seem as a shadow, in a sense. With that being said, it looks bad, just because it's literally one line of a dark color irrelevant to the shading (because you did that line to AA, correct?)

Let's set up an example. Say hi to Chris!

So Chris here is wanting to be shaded, so let's go ahead and do that!

So I shaded Chris, everything seems good, no banding. Now, let's add some AA.

Err, I think I AA'd just fine.

Chris: No you didn't you 'no-good color palette poor rigid nasty looking face' artist.

=[ Okay. So what did I do wrong?

Basically all these 'AA' made the image look double outline, jaggy, and also banding. Banding because it's the same length of the outline (for the left side of Chris).

So, let's fix him, although his attitude makes me wanna throw him away.

And there's ugly Chris for you! I added highlights for a purpose. Look at his big forehead. It looks like it's about to be banding right? (Highlight - midtone - shadow) Well, Nour, there are some circumstances that banding can be allowed, usually when it's needed and it doesn't ruin the image. However, let's say I want to widen that highlight.

Then I would go like this. No banding, but there are AA. =o Why didn't I band? Because if I do, it'll become a habit, making me think banding is acceptable.
    So keep in mind, that banding might be valid in certain circumstances, but simply think banding is bad bad bad and you must find an alternative to prevent banding.

Any who, here are some more links for you to read further into banding:
    Click here!
    Here too!
    I don't think I showed you this link.

If you have any other questions, ask. Always ask questions. There are no stupid questions. (Unless it's irrelevant)

Now let's go back!

And there we have it! If you can see, I didn't go with the palette at all times, but I did try to keep my limit thoroughly.
    I hope this helped you.

As for perspective, I think it's fine, I don't see anything wrong with the image, just keep shading in mind when perspective comes in. =o

Here's the image if you want to play with it.

If you have any further questions, just shoot it!

Rima made me do this: (pls no ban me)
    The only nuts this nutcracker is cracking are everyone in this forums, but that's not all, it's cracking my fragile aesthetic eyes due to its horrific shading.