Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't racism allowed?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lyssa View Post
    It just seems like you're trying to justify racism so you can use racist slurs.

You're acting like all Christians are homophobic, sexist, and racist - they're not. I'm not Christian and the church doesn't bother me at all, to me it's just a place where people get married.
    I am not trying to use religion as an excuse to be racist, (usually only religious people would do this).

I am not acting like all Christians are homophobic, racist ect.

Just modify the church, marriage doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGraal View Post
    Racism:

When a slave owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner's property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

Tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to talk back, not to pilfer, but to show complete and perfect fidelity, so that in everything they may be an ornament to the doctrine of God our Savior. (Titus 2:9-10)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as you obey Christ; not only while being watched, and in order to please them, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. (Eph. 6:5-6)

Notice how slavery is never refereed to or acknowledged as a negative thing
    Just some examples...
    Misogyny:

Women are not to wear men's clothing and vice versa -- it's an "abomination unto the Lord." 22:5
    Homophobia:

"Every abomination ... the Lord ... hateth."
    Including homosexuality. (Leviticus 18:22) 121

God says not to bring any *****, sodomite, or dog into the house of the Lord. For "these things are an abomination to the Lord." Sodomites and dogs are biblical names for homosexuals. 23:17-18

These are just some examples, you can find plenty more online
    You know the Bible is very outdated, right? People who follow Christianity don't really do any of these things. Just like Draxx respects the LGBT community.

The Bible is not a dictionary, is is something sacred that not anybody can't change. It is not whatever book. Catholicism also follows the Bible, but they allow people of the same sex to marry in a Catholic Church.

What makes you think we will follow your ideals?

Banned
    Myth: Notice anything about them? They are all old testament beliefs.
    The New Testament of the bible literally clears up all the misconceptions and incorrect teachings present in the old testament.

1) There is no explicit or categorical textual proof from the New Testament that supports the idea that the Old Testament (or the Law) “doesn’t count”. For every verse cited to prove such a claim, there is another that can be cited for the opposite view. In fact, it seems that the textual proof for the opposite view is greater, even overwhelming. For example, Jesus says in the Gospels:

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

5:19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

And Jesus also said:

Luke 16:17 But it is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for one dot of the Law to become void.

Sources: https://www.gotquestions.org/racism-Bible.html http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/05/the...ament-cop-out/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    You know the Bible is very outdated, right? People who follow Christianity don't really do any of these things. Just like Draxx respects the LGBT community.

The Bible is not a dictionary, is is something sacred that not anybody can't change. It is not whatever book. Catholicism also follows the Bible, but they allow people of the same sex to marry in a Catholic Church.
    I don't really understand why Christians do not agree with homophobia, racism, misogyny ect. yet they are still Christian? If you do not agree with all the negative content of the bible, why identify with it?

Myth: Notice anything about them? They are all old testament beliefs.
    The New Testament of the bible literally clears up all the misconceptions and incorrect teachings present in the old testament.

1) There is no explicit or categorical textual proof from the New Testament that supports the idea that the Old Testament (or the Law) “doesn’t count”. For every verse cited to prove such a claim, there is another that can be cited for the opposite view. In fact, it seems that the textual proof for the opposite view is greater, even overwhelming. For example, Jesus says in the Gospels:

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

5:19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

And Jesus also said:

Luke 16:17 But it is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for one dot of the Law to become void.

Sources: https://www.gotquestions.org/racism-Bible.html http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/05/the...ament-cop-out/

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really understand why Christians do not agree with homophobia, racism, misogyny ect. yet they are still Christian? If you do not agree with all the negative content of the bible, why identify with it?

Because Christianity is not just about following an outdated book, it's much more than that. Same for other religions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    Because Christianity is not just about following an outdated book, it's much more than that. Same for other religions.
    I don't follow what you're saying, elaborate?

I don't follow what you're saying, elaborate?
    What I'm trying to say is that just because the Bible says something we don't have to follow it. I'm Catholic, and I was born with a very Catholic family in Mexico. We have Catholic celebrations all yearlong, from making art on floors for a Serrano saint to walk on to putting sacred water on herbs (yes it's strange but beautiful). These celebrations are there for unity and to enjoy life in our religion. (I'm not too religious but I enjoy it.)

So,

Christianity can be about loving one another, helping others out when they need it, respecting your family and others, about not doing wrong. And I'm assuming other religions are like that too, just like Catholicism. Like I said, just because the Bible says it that doesn't mean we will follow that and let it control our lives.

There is always a bad thing on everything, and people choose to follow that or not. God gave us free-will after all. Some people choose to be racist or homofobic, but those beliefs don't necessarily come from religion. We can choose to be on a certain religion and not agree with some things, because we can.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Look.
    The bible does have instances in the old testament where it can be interpreted as being "Homophobic, Sexist etc".
    But do remember the era when it was written.
    It was a common practice for women to be seen as inferior and it was only until the coming of Jesus, which that was abolished.

Find a Genuine
    christian and ask them:
    What is the Greatest commandment that Jesus gave us?

Answer: Love one another as I have loved you.

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.38 This is the great and first commandment.39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself.40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” -Matthew 22: 26-40

Is seeing a woman inferior to you, love?
    Is racially profiling a person, love?
    Is judging someone based on their sexuality, love?
    No.
    One of the British values is to have mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.

Graal is not shaped by Christianity. The game respects people of different faiths and I hope it shall stay that way. There's been no problems in the past about this matter. Why create one?

I'm a christian.
    Am I homophobic? No.
    Pro-LGBT? Yes.
    Am I Racist? No.
    Equal rights for everyone? Yes.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Also, the game is supposed to represent a random city with gangs and cops. Most cities has a church but that doesn't mean the whole city is based off of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Look.
    The bible does have instances in the old testament where it can be interpreted as being "Homophobic, Sexist etc".
    But do remember the era when it was written.
    It was a common practice for women to be seen as inferior and it was only until the coming of Jesus, which that was abolished.

Find a Genuine
    christian and ask them:
    What is the Greatest commandment that Jesus gave us?

Answer: Love one another as I have loved you.

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.38 This is the great and first commandment.39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself.40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” -Matthew 22: 26-40

Is seeing a woman inferior to you, love?
    Is racially profiling a person, love?
    Is judging someone based on their sexuality, love?
    No.
    One of the British values is to have mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.

Graal is not shaped by Christianity. The game respects people of different faiths and I hope it shall stay that way. There's been no problems in the past about this matter. Why create one?

I'm a christian.
    Am I homophobic? No.
    Pro-LGBT? Yes.
    Am I Racist? No.
    Equal rights for everyone? Yes.

I'm not saying that just because you're Christian, you are homophobic, racist, misogynist ect.
    but why identify yourself as a Christian when you only pick and choose some sections. I don't say I am a Muslim, except I am am pro equality ect. Makes no sense