Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Abc's Levels

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Gun Game Lobby:

Your main issue on this level is Shading (Shall be addressed at the Bottom) . Your walls also differ in size, It does not affect the aesthetics of the level in anyway so I'd say it's fine but try to stay away from that.
    Cliff Map

I love that the cliffs, look like cliffs and you haven't been lazy in constructing them, but In my opinion the level is too empty and lacks flair.

For starters, the Bridge could do with some shading (dirt) under it, to make it look like a part of the level as for me it looked as if it had been placed there.

Your level needs a lot more Npc's and maybe some more Buildings.

As moon said, Making your levels smaller would make them look better. There's some really nice levels I have seen that have a room about 10x10 tiles.

Looking at the levels from a distance, the trees don't look a part of the level. In my opinion, this is one major flaw that occurs. In real life, I can guarantee you 100% that if you observed the area on the ground surrounding a natural tree in a natural area/terrain, it would not have any grass (provided there was no human intervention), due to the fact all the nutrients would be going to the tree so nothing could grow there.
    Likewise, you could add some dirt patches around to symbolise this.

Take a look at a Google search I did.
    Here are some Images of what I mean. Image 1 and Image 2

Some dirt at certain areas on the outside of the road would also be nice (Js).
    Cliff Map Healing Room:

Shading is your main Issue here. I shall address this at the Bottom.
    Beach Map:

I like this level. The water looks amazing. The Boat looks amazing. Some dirt under the trees maybe? Favourite level.

Beach Map Ship Cabin:

Shading is incorrect here. (Addressed at the bottom)
    The walls are also not working out for me. Look at the interior of all your other walls, they're all facing up and none of them curve to make a box shape. In my opinion, this doesn't create the impression that it is a wall, but rather something lying down which is not the idea you want to get across.
    If you don't curve it but carry it on upwards, I feel that would be better.

Beach Map Basement

I love this level but again, Shading is a huge problem here.

And here is the house I just made:

Wow. (Just add shading under the trees and I'll give you a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.)

All the Feedback is a matter of opinion based on what I know about levelling and you're not obliged in any way to take this feedback, I just thought I'd let you know on my views.

Shading:
    (For the sake of time, I'm going to copy what I posted in someone else's thread.)

I'm not too sure on your type of shading but Shading allows Levellers to make a 2D level as 3D as possible. There's a few shading flaws in your levels, so I'll try to coherently address the matter here.
    One thing I always tell people is imagine you are standing in the level. From your (The Graal player) perspective it would be 3D, so try and Level based on your Graalians perspective rather than what you see from your PC.

I'll show you what I mean.

Take this noob for example.
    The way he's facing from his perspective he would see the back of a wall right?
    Well since we can't see it, we use Shading to create that Impression.
    The correct way which it would be implied would be through the shading on the right.

For instance, at the bottom of your level, You would not have any tiles as there would be a Wall (from your Graal player's perspective) however high the other walls in your room are, so you'd just carry on the side shading to the bottom and leave it there. NEVER shade the bottom of the wall.

Try and use this concept a lot more in your levels to maintain the realism.
    Hope this helps!
    This your not to bad abcgraal
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

Hey, I haven't posted anything in a while so I decided to make this mansion. I only made the inside levels of the first half of the mansion but I will make the outside soon. Here are the individual levels as well as a map to explain how they go together:

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Again, the outside is coming soon...

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Wowowow that's pretty good
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by AbcGraal View Post
    Thank you all for the feedback. I just made the inside to that last house as well as a new house.
    Inside of the last house:

Another house:
    wawwww^^! impressive
    Last edited by BaileyVandenbroek; 08-09-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar

Level seems very empty (In my opinion).
    You can add some shading along the entrance/exit (it's fine).
    I like the way you have used your windows. Certainly gives the impression that it is a large house.

Parts in Red: Carpets could do with some shading to make it inclusive. As it looks detached from the level. How you shade them is up to you.
    Parts in Orange: What's going on with the walls? Please fix
    Parts in Green: You can remove one tile of your shading to give the impression that there's something on the other side of the door.

Add borders/lining to your door.
    Add lining on the wall to the Barender table.
    The Bar table can not go into the Wall. Curve that off
    Quite nice level

Very Empty Hallway. Don't make it seem like another room, just make it more vibrant.
    You could have added windows/painting/lights.

VERY NICE level.
    Maybe find a way somehow to add shading on the outside, but I really like it

Fabulous, Just add shading at the entrance.

Very empty (imo) Needs more life/energy in the hallways. Mansion's are expensive houses, so no doubt should there be no empty room

All in all, They're very nice levels and you're certainly taking on-board everything.

If you would like, I could make a thread/video explaining how to add lights to your levels as your level can be made 30% better (I would know, trust me my levels would suck without npc's) just by adding lights/effects.
    If you do already know then it would be amazing to see some of those in your levels.
    It's fairly basic scripting and all you have to do it change the numbers to meet your colour desire and intensity.

Happy leveling
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Abc's Levels

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post

Level seems very empty (In my opinion).
    You can add some shading along the entrance/exit (it's fine).
    I like the way you have used your windows. Certainly gives the impression that it is a large house.

Parts in Red: Carpets could do with some shading to make it inclusive. As it looks detached from the level. How you shade them is up to you.
    Parts in Orange: What's going on with the walls? Please fix
    Parts in Green: You can remove one tile of your shading to give the impression that there's something on the other side of the door.
    For the part in orange I was trying to use a style that is used in gun point:

Add borders/lining to your door.
    Add lining on the wall to the Barender table.
    The Bar table can not go into the Wall. Curve that off
    Quite nice level
    I actually did add borders around the door, but if you have ever used those wall tiles you would know the border is just a black line :/

VERY NICE level.
    Maybe find a way somehow to add shading on the outside, but I really like it
    Oops I forgot to add shading on the outside :/ If I ever do anything with this level I will add the shading.

Fabulous, Just add shading at the entrance.
    I'm confused because adding shading at the entrance completely contradicts what you said about shading in you're previous feedback. The wall should cover up where the shading could be.

If you would like, I could make a thread/video explaining how to add lights to your levels as your level can be made 30% better (I would know, trust me my levels would suck without npc's) just by adding lights/effects.
    If you do already know then it would be amazing to see some of those in your levels.
    It's fairly basic scripting and all you have to do it change the numbers to meet your colour desire and intensity.
    That would be very helpful. Whenever I try to add lights in gonstruct it is just a big black circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    You're seeing things from your perspective again.

Again, Imagine your Graal Character is in the room.

They would not see beyond the door right? The door from our perspective would be somewhere on the Green line.

The door from a Bird's eye view would be a 4-pixel width door. From our perspective, we would not see the door as the top of the door is under the room outline tile ( shown by the green shading). The graalian would not see beyond that.

From the Graalians perspective (the perspective you should always be levelling based on), they would see the door, so that's why I always add shading at the entrance to denote the fact there is a door there and you're about to change level.

That's why most levels in Era have shadings at the entrance.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Alright, I finished the outside to the mansion I appreciate any feedback. The distortion comes from stitching the screenshots together btw.

Abc's Mansion: