Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So about the cripple cannon...

So about the cripple cannon...

I have not been on era in a while, for numerous reasons, but I have now heard about this across the game gun "nerf". A lot of the guns really did need to be nerfed, however I know for a fact the cripple didn't need to be. The knock back chance is now 20% which is horrible for a "novelty" gun to lose its biggest selling point. It's bad enough it does NOT stack or now at least 6 damage (7 perfect). Would it be feasible to revert it to its old stats because as of now it's like a holiday weapon, and this is coming from near 6 years of era experience. Here Sam you state that the novelty is in fact the knock back. http://imgur.com/M8j2miT

Your answer is right infront of you. It's a novelty item, not a real item someone would expect to be used. Meaning it's meant for a show off item.

Bitzsam in that image gave it knockback because of it's price, not because it's a novelty item.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    Your answer is right infront of you. It's a novelty item, not a real item someone would expect to be used. Meaning it's meant for a show off item.

Bitzsam in that image gave it knockback because of it's price, not because it's a novelty item.
    1.FYI novelty does NOT equate to a "show off" item it's more so a niche or one off gimmick; which in fact was the knockback.

2.The price hasn't changed, and I'm sure a refund is out of the question so if it was given the stats it had because of the price then why change them?

3.The bar was nerfed, but retained its value in correlation with the stats of Era's other guns, but the Cripple Cannon has drastically dropped in value to that of a mid tier 30-40 ec or 40k-50k gun...

Bro Top Tier guns are now the new Mid tier.
    Its the so called ''Ripple Effect'' where everything is nerfed closer to the baseline of becoming M4.
    If you support the nerfs then you support the nerfs to CC.
    All the guns were nerfed to M4ness none of us have any say in it.
    Consider yourself lucky Top guns all had a 30% firerate reduction & 50% longer reload time.
    Even mid tier guns Firerate, reload time, even clip 40% nerfed.
    Bitzsam is accountable to no one but himself.

Zephlyn
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK DYNAMITE View Post
    I have not been on era in a while, for numerous reasons, but I have now heard about this across the game gun "nerf". A lot of the guns really did need to be nerfed, however I know for a fact the cripple didn't need to be. The knock back chance is now 20% which is horrible for a "novelty" gun to lose its biggest selling point. It's bad enough it does NOT stack or now at least 6 damage (7 perfect). Would it be feasible to revert it to its old stats because as of now it's like a holiday weapon, and this is coming from near 6 years of era experience. Here Sam you state that the novelty is in fact the knock back. http://imgur.com/M8j2miT
    The knock back chance got reduced to 10%.

I agree on you, many guns got nerfed but they kept their "strength". For example, BAR strength was the 10 damage, Ion Carbine strength was the fast ROF and low freeze, etc. In this case, the Cripple Cannon strength was the knock back, and as BitzSam said, it's the reason of why it's considered a novelty gun.

And before everyone starts complaining that it's a novelty gun, I would like to post the definition of the word 'novelty'.
    Novelty: state or quality of being novel, new, or unique; newness

-Dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/novelty)
    Basically, novelty is something new and unique, not something that sucks. Many people confuse the Cripple Cannon with a show off item.

The Cripple Cannon was made for spar, there's where it performs better, but now the Cripple Cannon is not seen in spar. The reason of this it's because the low damage. Every time you get rushed by any gun that deals more than 8 damage you're dead, because the Cripple Cannon time to kill is a joke (It's a 5 damage gun and not stacked). Before you could rely a bit on your knock back so you couldn't get rushed too much.

I think that this gun is completely useless now, and this is a clear example that the staff couldn't see the difference between 'novelty' and 'show off'. The Cripple Cannon now is useless in every activity (PK, Base, Spar, Fort, etc).

Lots of guns have been turned to cr@p not just CC.
    There were lots of guns nerfed & made useless in spar Complex not just CC eg Desert Eagles, G36 Tactical, M8A1 & many more.
    Its stupid to say BItzsam did a good job & say those guns retained ts values because theres just too many guns in the game.
    I remember PMing you in the game after the nerfs to CC & you said it was still good.
    Why the change in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Lots of guns have been turned to cr@p not just CC.
    There were lots of guns nerfed & made useless in spar Complex not just CC eg Desert Eagles, G36 Tactical, M8A1 & many more.
    Its stupid to say BItzsam did a good job & say those guns retained ts values because theres just too many guns in the game.
    I remember PMing you in the game after the nerfs to CC & you said it was still good.
    Why the change in mind?
    1.The guns you named are nowhere near the 75 event coin tier so that part of the post must be a joke.

2.The gun is NOT good so bringing up a "PM" does not back anything, especially since it is true you don't see the gun used nor "shown off".

Could we possibly get a breakdown from Bitzsam on the reasoning not behind the entire nerf regiment but the CC specifically?

He thought it was ''OP'' its in the original ''Weapon Rebalancing'' thread.
    Its a ripple effect Bitzsam says if he nerfs the top guns & not nerf the lower tier guns the lower tier guns will become the new top guns hence why he nerfed all of them.
    This is why I said if you support the nerfs to the Top guns then you support the nerf in General.

Its true the CC isn't good I'm just saying its not just the CC its A LOT of other guns who are also no longer good because of Bitzsam hence why I think You're wrong when you said BItzsam did a good job.

Heres the links

https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...124#post424124

https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...619#post428619

https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...908#post428908

Basically Bitz can make up whatever nonsense he wants to justify the nerfs he isn't budging it doesn't matter if your favourite gun is ruined he doesn't care & you can just kiss it good bye sad times to have been cursed with Bitzsam as GA really.
    Last edited by Donald; 07-26-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Maybe it was nerfed out of spite because it was created by an ex-GA, it seems Bitzsam isn't coming to the thread so I guess it's whatever. I thought about coming back to era, but the current state of the game just isn't fun like it used to be.

Rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by D12* View Post
    The knock back chance got reduced to 10%.

I agree on you, many guns got nerfed but they kept their "strength". For example, BAR strength was the 10 damage, Ion Carbine strength was the fast ROF and low freeze, etc. In this case, the Cripple Cannon strength was the knock back, and as BitzSam said, it's the reason of why it's considered a novelty gun.

And before everyone starts complaining that it's a novelty gun, I would like to post the definition of the word 'novelty'.

Basically, novelty is something new and unique, not something that sucks. Many people confuse the Cripple Cannon with a show off item.

The Cripple Cannon was made for spar, there's where it performs better, but now the Cripple Cannon is not seen in spar. The reason of this it's because the low damage. Every time you get rushed by any gun that deals more than 8 damage you're dead, because the Cripple Cannon time to kill is a joke (It's a 5 damage gun and not stacked). Before you could rely a bit on your knock back so you couldn't get rushed too much.

I think that this gun is completely useless now, and this is a clear example that the staff couldn't see the difference between 'novelty' and 'show off'. The Cripple Cannon now is useless in every activity (PK, Base, Spar, Fort, etc).
    I have a cc and I don't thinks it's worth more than 40 EC

- - - Updated - - -

No disrespect to bitzsam but he has had a negative impact on this game in the past few months
    Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns