Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DC or Marvel

DC or Marvel

Which one do you think is good?

In my opinion, DC is just boring, really boring.. I watched the movie Watchmen, the movie was soo boring.. And the same with batman.

The only movies that were good were Superman and wonder woman.

Some of you might say DC is better because they have the flash, but marvel had the flash too, not really flash but it was like the flash ok.. Go watch Avengers : Age of Ultron, youll see the Marvel flash.

cat supremacist Lieutenant
    I like them both equally.
    I love Flash but I also love Avengers.
    I can't like one more than the other

Banned
    DC all the way.

I honestly prefer Marvel because it's well built already, but DC isn't that bad. I am a huge fan of the Flash. <3
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGraal View Post
    DC all the way.
    provide some info on why you chose DC please

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    I honestly prefer Marvel because it's well built already, but DC isn't that bad. I am a huge fan of the Flash. <3
    DC is pretty good at making heroes, Marvel can do that too but they dont like to go with cheap actors.. I mean, cmon, none of actors who acted in DC gets 50 million a movie..

DC and Marvel are two very huge and successful companies and my choice is based on my opinion and analysis of the topic:
    1- Characters:
    I haven't read the comics, but I've seen every Marvel and DC movie and some series
    DC brings a very nice fantasy with mystical creatures and powers, each character is based on a super power and that superpower came from their back story and such though I the back stories of the DC universe are a bit too complicated.
    The flash got his power from a super explosion coming from a huge laboratory thingy on where they made power and stuff after some complications with the system and bla bla bla
    Wonder woman already had her power because her mother is a queen and she knew her daughter was "the one" because her father was a god and then she turned to a "demi god" to defeat the god of war because it's her destiny though her mother didn't want to tell her because if she was more powerful the god of war would find her (for some reason)
    Superman was "an alien" from a different planet and his parents were king and queen, (I forgot that part a bit) but in the end they put something inside of him because they were getting invaded and their world was ending so they had to get him to earth to survive.
    As for Marvel: they simplified the backstories of each character and made them much more understandable in my opinion.
    Iron man: rich dude who spent time and money on war suits that he's using himself
    Captain america: got his powers by chemistry and surgery in a mission with his best buddy he fell into the water after trying to save the day and got frozen till he got back after a couple of years.
    Deadpool: got cancer and there was no cure, so he met up with someone who told him he'll cure it, but it gave him invincibility, and an ugly face.
    So basically Marvel is easier to understand.

2- Story and scripts:
    Marvel is way better in writing scripts compared to DC, why? This opinion came mostly from Batman vs Superman and wonder woman, comparing the two companies' lines and what the characters say you can see that the storyline in the DC movies are pretty much predictable (not talking about reading the comics) we already knew that if wonder woman kills the god of war, the war won't stop, we already knew that if she found out there won't be a good ending but of course it's wonder woman so she'll live through and she'll say something on how humans are good people and stuff.
    As for marvel, their scripts and scenarios are more "life-like" and when I watched the scenes of captain america vs ironman
    There was some lines where I was like "Oh $$&&" and I rarely say that. This means that it was GOOD.

3- Cinematography and colors:
    I can't deny that DC has amazing soundtrack, colors and good directors, it's understandable since the whole theme of the movies are fantasies, though as I was watching their movies I could tell they were fake, they looked good, but I could tell they were fake not fake as in fantasy or CGI fake like Shrek animation, but like movement fake as in some shadows are a bit too much which made it clear that it's fake. As for marvel have more life-like colors rather than using emotional colors (dark blue for sad and yellow/ orange for happy) which is an impressive way of showing scenes and they make it work, I never noticed "oh they're making camera movements now" not sure if it's something positive or not but it makes me feel Integrated into the movie.

4- Emotions:
    In conclusion, as long as the movie was able to send you an emotional message or a valid life lesson that relates to you then that's a successful movie.
    I've never teared up in a DC movie because I never felt connected to a character of theirs
    I cried in Logan, Avengers: Age of Ultron, the amazing spiderman 2...
    In the end I enjoy watching both movies, all we want is entertainment, I just compared both of them from those 4 categories.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

i like bruce banner

Marvel without a doubt.

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

DC Wins for their comics and Animated movies.

Marvel wins for their live action movies.

Thanks @Joey, i had a good read, I agree with you.