Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Lapiz's Levels

Anyone else thinks the shell shack is a rip off of the PC Era shell shack?

Thanks for the feedback Morzan .

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoasian66272 View Post
    Anyone else thinks the shell shack is a rip off of the PC Era shell shack?
    The shell shack that I made was not intended at all to look like the Era PC shell shack. I don't play Era PC.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar

It's a nice level.
    No tile errors (which is good), but there's nothing that stands out to me as such.
    I understand that an Auction lobby is very limited in terms of creativity, hence I'll let it slide.
    Good level.

Nice level.
    I like what you have done with the water. You have not rushed it and alternated the water, but I'd highly recommend that you make the water more random as I can still recognise a linear shape behaviour.

What's up with the cliffs? You need to be using the different cliff tiles available to you as if you look at the top especially, it looks like you've used the same tile throughout the level. Variate the cliffs.

The idea behind the level was amazing. Your execution was 6/10 at best (You can do far better)

1) Rookie tile error. Be careful of those.
    2) You used the same tile for the cliffs. Avoid doing this as it doesn't make your level as appealing.
    3) Small exterior's are perfectly fine on iEra, however how could you make it more interesting? Look at the roof to wall ratio. It isn't consistent. The roof needs to have a larger width.
    4) Cliff's need to alternate every now and then. If they carry on being linear it doesn't make the level as interesting and too boxy. Variate them (not in size but how they behave)
    5) The stairs look as if they have been glued onto the cliffs. You need to integrate them into one. (ask me about this if you are unsure).

Spar's are probably the easiest levels to make, but despite that: You should Aim to make it interesting.
    The flooring is so plain. That's the only way you can make the level more interesting.
    Aside from the flooring, the concept and level is good.

^ In addition to this, work on the stairs a little. They also don't feel part of the cliff.

All in all, you've done a very good job.
    Take your time with your levels (like seriously, it took me about 3-5 hours to make a house (with 6 rooms) but it was worth it).

Goodjob Lapiz

-Bulletzone
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Thanks for the feedback, it helps a lot. I'll work more on the pizzazz on my outside levels.

And also my docks, and with changing the cliffs.

Hey guys I'm back. And yeah.. I did kinda take an L from the last levels I did on this thread. But I'm back, and I don't plan to take anymore L's haha. I'm sure there's still more stuff I have to improve on, but I feel more inspired again like I used to. Right now, I'm working on a level, it's coming soon

- - - Updated - - -

PLEASE READ: If some of you may not know, Era PC (The playerworlds server) did reset their server. But what does this mean? Well..
    a lot of the images I used to use for my levels such as certain plants, statues, many couches, and a lot more.. is basically gone. This might do an impact on my levels sadly :/.
    So please keep that in mind when I upload these levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone, after some hours of working on this level, I've finished it. I've taken my time to make it look as good as possible. I ended up designing a cafe level. I added some nice lighting effects, which you might notice when you take a look at the level images. Here's the links:

https://imgur.com/a/NxxM1
    <--- To see the WHOLE level, click on BOTH links
    https://imgur.com/a/zb74O

I hope you like it. If you have any feedback, or tips, reply!
    Last edited by Lapiz; 10-19-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Lapiz what programme do you use and how did you learn how to make levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Wast View Post
    Lapiz what programme do you use and how did you learn how to make levels?
    Well, I use the West iOS server to make my levels. But if you want a specific program, you could always use the Graal editor that will automatically appear in your Graal folder once you install the Levels packages.

if you don't know how to install this package
    , head to the Graal application, and start it up. Sign in using whatever account details you use. Once you're in the start page, press the button that says "Start". Then, you want to head over to the 'Install packages' button, and click it. Go near development tools, and where it says Levels or Leveling, you want to download that.

To open the Graal editor:
    Make sure that Graal is in your desktop (It kind of makes it easier to access). Right click on Graal, and click 'Open file location'. Once you've done this it will give you access to all of the files in your Graal application (This is very useful because it helps you access basic files like images, ganis, and more). Scroll down a little bit, and you'll see a Graal application icon, with the name 'Graal editor'. Double click it, and then you should enter it.

(I did not make this post hereHow to change what the tiles look like AKA "Tileset": https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13914 (Look at what the first reply says)

Quote Originally Posted by Lapiz View Post
    Well, I use the West iOS server to make my levels. But if you want a specific program, you could always use the Graal editor that will automatically appear in your Graal folder once you install the Levels packages.

if you don't know how to install this package
    , head to the Graal application, and start it up. Sign in using whatever account details you use. Once you're in the start page, press the button that says "Start". Then, you want to head over to the 'Install packages' button, and click it. Go near development tools, and where it says Levels or Leveling, you want to download that.

To open the Graal editor:
    Make sure that Graal is in your desktop (It kind of makes it easier to access). Right click on Graal, and click 'Open file location'. Once you've done this it will give you access to all of the files in your Graal application (This is very useful because it helps you access basic files like images, ganis, and more). Scroll down a little bit, and you'll see a Graal application icon, with the name 'Graal editor'. Double click it, and then you should enter it.

(I did not make this post hereHow to change what the tiles look like AKA "Tileset": https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13914 (Look at what the first reply says)
    Tysm!

Np

- - - Updated - - -

Any thoughts on my most recent level I uploaded today?

I keep thinking
    why aren't you a LAT admin on iera yet