Thread: Is the M4 really better?

Is the M4 really better?

So I asked about 5 people in the spar complex to answer my question:

Which gun is better for sparring: M4 or FAL OSW?

All of them said M4, and one of them even said M4 is the "best sparring gun."

My question now is, are these people just saying M4 because it's so commonly used in sparring?

Or do they actually think the M4 is honestly better?

If you compare the stats of both guns, you'll see the following:

Name: M4
    Freeze: 0.1945
    Firerate: 0.3
    Spread: 0.1
    Clip: 16
    Reload: 0.3
    Bullets: 1
    Stacked: No
    Auto: No

Name: FAL OSW
    Freeze: 0.17
    Firerate: 0.315
    Spread: 0.1
    Clip: 20
    Reload: 0.2
    Bullets: 1
    Stacked: No
    Auto: No

Now, although the M4 has a faster firerate than the FAL OSW (only a difference of 0.015),
    the FAL has better freeze, clip, and reload freeze.

With a slightly slower firerate, wouldnt the FAL OSW be better overall for sparring given it has other better stats, especially its better freeze?

M4 sucks compared to the guns that are released now, M4 is too mainstream, suggesting M4 to anyone would be pretty stupid.

If you want a good spar gun, go for FNP90 (If you like to spam.) or Default rifle, If youre that one cool kid to not spam, get AKM or PBP Rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaurf Doorway Zeppelin View Post
    M4 sucks compared to the guns that are released now, M4 is too mainstream, suggesting M4 to anyone would be pretty stupid.

If you want a good spar gun, go for FNP90 (If you like to spam.) or Default rifle, If youre that one cool kid to not spam, get AKM or PBP Rifle.
    Please dont, a lot of people still use m4 as it is still a favored gun in the community.
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    Please dont, a lot of people still use m4 as it is still a favored gun in the community.
    Yes, but there are many other guns that are better then M4.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    M4 is old, they need to buy a new gun and move forward, I mean, people back in the days had Windows XP, but then they upgraded it without looking back, M4 is too old and its pretty bad.

i just stumbled on this thread because it had "M4" on it

FAL is statistically "better" than M4, as many other guns are, but it all boils down on how you wield your guns. I've personally been in many situations where my M4 would give me an huge EDGE when sparring players with BAR or Vector simply due to the way i decided to play against those opponents. So for the most part, it depends on how you use it (Your style,Strategy,etc). i'm sure someone else will agree on this. Good luck.

Good luck.