Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Add a new base to help newer gangs

Quote Originally Posted by dragoxx View Post
    As stated in the title, i think a new base should be added. These bases would restrict gangs who have over 1k or 2k hours from holding them and give a chance to the smaller gangs. Capturing and actually holding a base nowadays is awfully difficult as the bases across era have been divided between the big names. zx ownes box factory zone, GPN ownes both Gangster and Tachi, NBK owns Lethal, Embro owns Mafia, Darkside owns BBZ, Obsidian owns PZ, Region owns Neo, and Godelic owns Guerre. The only base that isnt completely dominated is probably Blackholst. What i propose it to create a base that would pit smaller and newer gangs against each other. Maybe this base would earn hours half as slowly. What are your thoughts about this?
    A base for only 500 hours or lower gangs can base at? heheheh
    Yes hi.

Doubt it would really work in reality. If it was a base primarily for newer gangs, then what stops one of the main gangs to create a new gang that is an ally, and then just base at the 500 hour base and control it for a relatively uncontested 500 hours before the next gang does the same.
    Nothing stopping gangs from recruiting people from the main gangs, or players with strong guns which would defeat the purpose.

Having a base that you can only use the mpx gun in wouldn't work either as say a gang manages to get 500 hours then when they have to base in the normal bases where there is no even advantage they will be in the same situation as they were at 0 hours where they can't compete with those gangs with better guns.

To me, the only way to really make basing more competitive is to stop adding more gang rewards. New gang rewards kept being added (which I was against) which gives more things for those high up gangs (20k+ hours) to keep basing towards. If basing hours had a cut offpoint like at 10k hours then a lot of those gangs would probably retire which gives other gangs a chance to fight for hours or start a new gang.
    But now since there is a 50k gang reward you probably won't see those gangs quit for another 3-5 years

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Doubt it would really work in reality. If it was a base primarily for newer gangs, then what stops one of the main gangs to create a new gang that is an ally, and then just base at the 500 hour base and control it for a relatively uncontested 500 hours before the next gang does the same.
    Nothing stopping gangs from recruiting people from the main gangs, or players with strong guns which would defeat the purpose.

Having a base that you can only use the mpx gun in wouldn't work either as say a gang manages to get 500 hours then when they have to base in the normal bases where there is no even advantage they will be in the same situation as they were at 0 hours where they can't compete with those gangs with better guns.

To me, the only way to really make basing more competitive is to stop adding more gang rewards. New gang rewards kept being added (which I was against) which gives more things for those high up gangs (20k+ hours) to keep basing towards. If basing hours had a cut offpoint like at 10k hours then a lot of those gangs would probably retire which gives other gangs a chance to fight for hours or start a new gang.
    But now since there is a 50k gang reward you probably won't see those gangs quit for another 3-5 years
    Then add a player hour limit/kill limit?

Aka, only people with 99k kills and below can enter the 500 hour base

50k hrs reward? whats that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaurf Doorway Zeppelin View Post

those kind of limitations dont usually end up doin good
    ~LordFreak
    Answering all era related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaurf Doorway Zeppelin View Post

spar veterans base*

Banned Capo
    I really wish something like this could be implemented, however, Bitzsam's post did have quite a few points as to why this may never work.

No, gangs will simply make other tags and continuing piling up rewards. Gangs such as Obsidian, Darkside and NBK will just keep farming rewards, as they will hold their home bases for years to come. Nobody wants to take their base (war them) cause against established gangs like those you won't win. Rewards have nothing to do with it, and either way people will find loopholes
    yo

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    No, gangs will simply make other tags and continuing piling up rewards. Gangs such as Obsidian, Darkside and NBK will just keep farming rewards, as they will hold their home bases for years to come. Nobody wants to take their base (war them) cause against established gangs like those you won't win. Rewards have nothing to do with it, and either way people will find loopholes
    Well, region is currently against Obsidian, so basically, if you build up a strong gang and team up with region, you can take over PZ and neo.

Now i know that itll take time, but theres this one gang, the allie of the gang Gold. The leader was W.W, look at the gang, theres lots of professional players. I think they can atleast make Obsidian buy a shelter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    Also, NBK is one of the trash gangs who have respect.

If they didnt have respect, they are trash, they would end up like BDGX, hell, BDGX needs a shelter that has a bunker in it.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    I like the idea, but it has to be worked around with a lot of contingencies in place in order for it to function well, therefore I don't see it working efficiently. This new base can't exactly stop older players from not taking it, even if it did, you'd still have someone holding the base primarily for a long amount of time and passing it on to a gang that's close, like the current basing system. It's just the way it works, I guess.

You just need to break the alliances then everything falls.

Takes Gangster Zone from GPN with 20 members*

GPN rec up from others from their alliance and takes back base*

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!