Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I think someone is DOSing me

Banned
    free posts my dudes.
    wish i could get ddosse, sadly im not that popular

Pretty sure a mod wouldn't be doing that. Have you tried resetting your router or restarting your device?

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    -Jimmy Dean

Banned Capo
    Quote Originally Posted by John J View Post
    Pretty sure a mod wouldn't be doing that. Have you tried resetting your router or restarting your device?
    This issue only happened for a few hours after I had posted this thread. And I know one mod who is questionable.. Well, he's a higher-up staff, not a mod, but still.

Actually, there are two questionable staff members but there's nothing that can be done since they're higher-ups.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    No mod is going to DDOS you.

Here's something I got off a Website:

Undergoing a DDoS Attack or Not

Determining whether you're undergoing a DDoS attack or not requires you to open your command prompt, ping the "outside world" (like Google.com, for example), and then use certain orders and directions to ensure the authenticity of your DDoS investigation attempt. The default ping request is 4. You can put in the "-n" command for the sake of specifying the exact amount of ping requests you want the command prompt to execute. Meanwhile, the "-t" command is perfect when it comes to continuous ping action. You can halt this ping by pressing Ctrl and then C together. Take notice of the percentage of packets lost displayed below "Ping Statistics" as well as the number next to "time=".

32 Byte Packet

These bits of information will serve as your clues and puzzle pieces on what's going on. The time column indicates how long it takes for a 32-byte packet to travel from your PC to Google servers then back to your computer. If you've truly been DDoS, there would be obvious discrepancies in the statistics that will be explained in depth by this article. This is also known as your latency. At any rate, the first few phases of DDoS will have the number rise from 40ms to 800ms until a "Request Timed Out" message will appear. In summary, if you think you're undergoing a DDoS, your first course of action is to ping a reliable website that usually doesn't go down.

ISP Provider

The thing about non-professional-level (as in Anonymous-tier or spammer-tier, terabytes' worth of packet flinging) DDoS is that like a diesel engine, it needs to warm up first, which means that you can usually catch the attacks before it actually builds up enough steam to truly cripple your system and whatnot, such that you're now completely disconnected and offline. Lag and ISP problems shouldn't be confused with a DDoS attack; if you really have no idea, contact your ISP provider and talk to him about whether or not your unavailable services are from their end on through the machinations of malicious marauders, virtual villains, and online outlaws.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Banned Capo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    No mod is going to DDOS you.

Here's something I got off a Website:

Undergoing a DDoS Attack or Not

Determining whether you're undergoing a DDoS attack or not requires you to open your command prompt, ping the "outside world" (like Google.com, for example), and then use certain orders and directions to ensure the authenticity of your DDoS investigation attempt. The default ping request is 4. You can put in the "-n" command for the sake of specifying the exact amount of ping requests you want the command prompt to execute. Meanwhile, the "-t" command is perfect when it comes to continuous ping action. You can halt this ping by pressing Ctrl and then C together. Take notice of the percentage of packets lost displayed below "Ping Statistics" as well as the number next to "time=".

32 Byte Packet

These bits of information will serve as your clues and puzzle pieces on what's going on. The time column indicates how long it takes for a 32-byte packet to travel from your PC to Google servers then back to your computer. If you've truly been DDoS, there would be obvious discrepancies in the statistics that will be explained in depth by this article. This is also known as your latency. At any rate, the first few phases of DDoS will have the number rise from 40ms to 800ms until a "Request Timed Out" message will appear. In summary, if you think you're undergoing a DDoS, your first course of action is to ping a reliable website that usually doesn't go down.

ISP Provider

The thing about non-professional-level (as in Anonymous-tier or spammer-tier, terabytes' worth of packet flinging) DDoS is that like a diesel engine, it needs to warm up first, which means that you can usually catch the attacks before it actually builds up enough steam to truly cripple your system and whatnot, such that you're now completely disconnected and offline. Lag and ISP problems shouldn't be confused with a DDoS attack; if you really have no idea, contact your ISP provider and talk to him about whether or not your unavailable services are from their end on through the machinations of malicious marauders, virtual villains, and online outlaws.
    Wow, so Ace likely DOSed me numerous times. This is exactly what happened several times when he was around, and it was around times when I was jailed by him! Outrageous!

Anyway, the day I made this thread, I think my wifi was just acting up.

This kid = Drama, AKA, the younger version of Keemstar but Keemstar doesnt cry over EC