Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why GraalOnline Era Lost its charm

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Game is more or less the same as it was back then, the only thing that has really changed is the community. As if it was even possible our playerbase has gotten even younger, more of the newer players that joined went straight to astros/ trading/ using graal as an online chatroom rather than play the actual game which is what was done back then.

These days all it is are 'savage' kids bullying eachother, trading/ sharing accounts, stealing friends gangs/ accounts/ items, harassing people, online dating etc. Majority of gangs basing are just elitist players from gangs that have already been around for years. The pking community is more or less the same as it's always been, less streak hunters though since getting a streak is so easy now because of how much better the guns had gotten and how many pk free zones there were + the removal of the 10 second safe pk timer.
    Sparring community has mostly always been people calling each other out, trying to be the internet tough guy. There are a few sparrers who have decency and are just there to spar but they are a very small percentage now.

I mostly blame all these toxic competitive attitudes on the countless rewards added. Before the ec store, or spar/ pk rewards people just played the game for enjoyment or for the achievement of a high stat ratio. Ever since there were actual items involved it just led to so many players boosting, account sharing, paying people to get the rewards for you, use the strongest gun possible to win/ pk as many people as quickly as possible.

TLDR it isn't the game thats changed so much as the people. If tomorrow era was reverted back to what it was in 2012-2013 there would still be the same issues but people would arguably hate it even more since there wouldn't be any of the rewards/ diversity in features they had become accustomed to/ took for granted.
    You blamed the players and never blamed the admins on there actions for example dropping items was 1 of the main fun thing in graal era also the unfairness from admins actions leads to big disaster nerfing gun for example one of the main things that could dmg the community and the game all that generates the hate also changing rules day after day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol you can't just blame players

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    You blamed the players and never blamed the admins on there actions for example dropping items was 1 of the main fun thing in graal era also the unfairness from admins actions leads to big disaster nerfing gun for example one of the main things that could dmg the community and the game all that generates the hate also changing rules day after day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I can only agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    lol you can't just blame players
    Same!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the reason the game is worst now because of this guy

Bitzsam isn't as bad as those who host for their friends lol

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Game is more or less the same as it was back then, the only thing that has really changed is the community. As if it was even possible our playerbase has gotten even younger, more of the newer players that joined went straight to astros/ trading/ using graal as an online chatroom rather than play the actual game which is what was done back then.

These days all it is are 'savage' kids bullying eachother, trading/ sharing accounts, stealing friends gangs/ accounts/ items, harassing people, online dating etc. Majority of gangs basing are just elitist players from gangs that have already been around for years. The pking community is more or less the same as it's always been, less streak hunters though since getting a streak is so easy now because of how much better the guns had gotten and how many pk free zones there were + the removal of the 10 second safe pk timer.
    Sparring community has mostly always been people calling each other out, trying to be the internet tough guy. There are a few sparrers who have decency and are just there to spar but they are a very small percentage now.

I mostly blame all these toxic competitive attitudes on the countless rewards added. Before the ec store, or spar/ pk rewards people just played the game for enjoyment or for the achievement of a high stat ratio. Ever since there were actual items involved it just led to so many players boosting, account sharing, paying people to get the rewards for you, use the strongest gun possible to win/ pk as many people as quickly as possible.

TLDR it isn't the game thats changed so much as the people. If tomorrow era was reverted back to what it was in 2012-2013 there would still be the same issues but people would arguably hate it even more since there wouldn't be any of the rewards/ diversity in features they had become accustomed to/ took for granted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Hello!

First, I want to thank the community for the kind words =D.

Second off, I can't say that the community has played a part in my abrupt resignation.

While I do notice that the community has been slowly becoming apprehensive, I've always chosen to turn a blind eye to that side of things.
    You get what you look for -- see a community as it is, and it only get worse; but see a community for what it could be, and it becomes what it should be.

Plus, I've always considered myself a player first, and an admin second.

I honestly wouldn't have lasted almost 15 years if I didn't genuinely enjoy playing the game. Not only does it keep me here, but as an administrator, this has given me the insight to continue to preserve and protect the game that I enjoy, and subsequently, the game many of you have grown to enjoy as well.

Being a player also puts me into that community, rank and file along with many of you. So again - I can't say that the community has pushed me away. Quite the contrary -- the community is part of the reason why I've been able to stay for so long; and the kind-hearted responses I'm seeing in light of my leave is validation of that.

Meph
    This is the difference between Meph & BItzsams personality as admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    This is the difference between Meph & BItzsams personality as admin.
    Huh? That comment of meph has nothing to do with this thread.

Also, Donald, it's not Sam's fault for trying to balance iEra's weaponry. If anything, it's the fault of the players' reaction. Such rant goes viral and like anything in society, when something is trending, everyone participates.

Soldier Picciotti
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmaurf Doorway Zeppelin View Post
    So why not try to make iEra like back then now?

Og graalians left? Well, its their choice, theres still some OG graalians who play iEra to bash the astro kids.

Toxic community? Well, if someones guilty, then its the game itself for even existing, but the game cant really shut down because of it.
    To make the community nicer, all the nice people can do is to be friends with the toxic people, and somehow, psychologically, change them.
    "make iera like back then now" you know iera back then was way worse right? Half of the guns you have rn wouldn't exist. Not only that, but back then hacking was so easy. You could easily have hacked someone by simply having their udid( Apple no longer uses udid with apps). Boosting was common, and staff were more corrupt. Most of the "og graalians" were like 13 back then anyways, so they probably acted the same way you 13 yearolds act rn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I can only agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Same!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the reason the game is worst now because of this guy

The only reason the game sucks is because of people like you who complain all the time. People like you switch sides faster than a girl changes clothes

Graalians 2014-16: " Wow graal soks all these op guns cant even spar right omg screw admins"

After guns are balanced Graalians 2017: "screw sam he make game bad he remove all our good guns wow ohm my gosh!"

I know we're not RuneScape, but they have (or used to have) a sepetate server called RuneScape 2007. Basically, it had every thing RS had in 2007 and had no updates. I think Era should have like an iEra 2012 seperate server, without this BS that goes on today.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Soldier Picciotti
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    I know we're not RuneScape, but they have (or used to have) a sepetate server called RuneScape 2007. Basically, it had every thing RS had in 2007 and had no updates. I think Era should have like an iEra 2012 seperate server, without this BS that goes on today.
    Boiiii, unix is too greedy to even update our sever. Why do you think he would make us a different server

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyFreeze View Post
    Boiiii, unix is too greedy to even update our sever. Why do you think he would make us a different server
    To appease more players and change the love:hate ratio.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks