Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Definitive Fishing Guide

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    In the backroom of the fishing shop, there is a barrel in the top right corner which when grabbed after saying a number between 1-100, will tell you the exp required to level up from the previous level to the level said by the player
    Thanks so much, if this truly works I can complete my formula, which will be somewhat helpful for some players.

So I have fished 10000 fish now and I kept track of everything to estimate the probabilities of each fish.

So here are my findings
    • Trash appears 33% of the time. Always. It is unaffected by your level. In the other 66% case the game first checks if you will get a rare fish. If you don't get a rare fish, it checks if you will get a location-specific fish. If not, you will always get any of the normal fish at random.
    • The initial rare fish percentage is around 1%. It seems to be increased by 1% for every level. But keep in mind that even at level 100 you will still get trash 33% of the time. Also there might be a cap at some point.
    • Out of the rare fish, the Eel appears 33% of the time while the Noob appears 66% of the time.
    • The normal fish have the same probability, except location-specific fish which are rarer. I estimate that location-specific fish appear 25% of the time, while normal fish appear 75% of the time.
    • The higher your level, the lower the probability of finding normal and location-specific fish. So the advantage of fishing in any of the places with location-specific fish is gradually getting smaller.
    • I make 1600 gralats per hour on average, but that is without the cost of fishing rods. I broke 5 fishing rods in that time. So thats more like 350 gralats per hour.

EDIT: I created a new account to check the sturdiness of fishing rods at beginner levels:
    • Level 1: 28 (+/- 5) catches before "My fishing rod is feeling weak" message appears
    • Level 2: 36 (+/- 5) catches before "My fishing rod is feeling weak" message appears
    • Level 3: 42 (+/- 5) catches before "My fishing rod is feeling weak" message appears
    • Level 25: 55 (+/- 5) catches before "My fishing rod is feeling weak" message appears.

The HP of the rod goes down by 1 for every catch, but the total HP varies by plus or minus 5. The HP of the rod does not go down for any other action, even if the fish gets away. As soon as the HP hits 0, the message starts to appear. When the message appears, there is a certain probability to break the rod every time you use it, even if you use it on ground where there is no water! So be very careful when you see the message. You might get 5-10 more catches if you are lucky.

To sum it up how the game decides which fish you get (I think, not sure):
    1. 33% you get trash
    2. if not, then [YourLevel]% you get rare fish (if you get rare fish, it is 33% an Eel or else a Noob)
    3. if not, then 25% you get location-specific fish
    4. if not, then you get normal fish
    Last edited by Def; 08-13-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Banned Capo
    Thanks for this thread, it's very helpful

Got some more data.

The rare fish percentage is capped at 25%. So it does not matter if you are level 50 or level 25, the rare fish percentage is the same.
    Here is the (pretty) accurate algorithm for getting fish:
    1. 33% you get trash
    2. if not, then [YourLevel capped at 25]% you get rare fish (if you get rare fish, it is 33% an Eel or else a Noob)

In short: This job is crap.

Very well put together guide! rep'd

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Quote Originally Posted by Def View Post
    Got some more data.

The rare fish percentage is capped at 25%. So it does not matter if you are level 50 or level 25, the rare fish percentage is the same.
    Here is the (pretty) accurate algorithm for getting fish:
    1. 33% you get trash
    2. if not, then [YourLevel capped at 25]% you get rare fish (if you get rare fish, it is 33% an Eel or else a Noob)

In short: This job is crap.
    wow, i spent hours and hours fishing and now you're saying its crap.
    ~LordFreak
    Answering all era related questions.

Era Newspaper Staff
    You can find the Tuna in Little Italy! It was announced that Tuna was there when Little Italy got released.
    Have any Era-Related questions? 🤔 Feel free to pm me here or in Era!😊
    Newspaper Staff
    In-game name is Journey*!

Click here to read the Era Newspaper!

Host
    Contest, Riddles, Games, Puzzles, Prizes, and More!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You can find the Tuna in Little Italy! It was announced that Tuna was there when Little Italy got released.
    Updated, thanks for reminding me

good job with this hammer time! keep helping people this way dude
    Check my profile for exclusive look at albums of My shop themed items and the progress on each projects!
    Albums progress on pause due to to school

Newcomer
    Can someone tell me how much ex each fish is worth?
    YoLoDubz