View Poll Results: Do you prefer auto or semi-auto in a gun?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Auto

6 50.00%
  • Semi-auto

6 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are automatic guns better?

Are automatic guns better?

As of now, I prefer non-automatic/semi-automatic guns, like the M4. I do have the BAR, and I actually
    find it annoying how if you hold down the fire button for too long the gun will fire again (I like to fire only
    when necessary, and auto guns sometimes seem to mess this up for me). See, I'd rather tap a bunch of
    times as opposed to just holding down a button. I know that might sound strange to some, as holding down
    a button would be easier, but hopefully someone understands me.

Anyway, my question here is: Are automatic guns better for sparring? What do I mean by this? Well,
    are there any advantages to having an automatic gun? Such as tap firing (apparently automatic guns
    can fire faster if you tap enough times instead of holding down the fire button)? Or does the automatic attribute
    of a gun all come down to personal preference?

My main problem is that I would like to buy automatic guns such as the Sten because it has good stats, but I don't
    see them as having an advantage over semi-automatic guns because to me it comes down to personal preference,
    and this makes me NOT want to buy them.

So, what do you guys prefer: auto or semi-auto? Answer the poll above. I'm just curious to see how many
    people prefer one over the other.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    I personally prefer semi-auto guns because i don't like holding onto the fire button and I have more control over the gun. I use the M4a3 and the M4 which I love so I'd say semi
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Semi is way better than auto.

However, auto beats semi ONLY and ONLY if the gun is really fast, like the minigun.

You cant really use minigun like a semi auto gun, well, you can, but it will be horrible.

You can use the PDW SD like a auto gun, but the RoF will be pretty slow, and if you repeatedly tap, like semi auto gun, itll be faster, the RoF will.

So basically,

Auto = High RoF guns.

Semi = Normal/Slow RoF guns.

semis are obviously better for sparring since they give you way more control over your gun -assuming you're gonna be holding ur auto gun-
    ~LordFreak
    Answering all era related questions.

Semi, because i always tapping on the gun, its an exercise for your thumb doe B)

Banned Capo
    For sparring, definitely semi-automatic

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    It's really a matter of opinion and what you feel works best for you.
    Personally, however, I prefer having a non-automatic weapon such as the Famas because it allows for more motion whole giving you a slight amount of time to shuffle between shots.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmaurf Doorway Zeppelin View Post

You can use the PDW SD like a auto gun, but the RoF will be pretty slow, and if you repeatedly tap, like semi auto gun, itll be faster, the RoF will.
    this makes no sense lol. Pdw sd is already automatic and it's really fast so you don't use it "like an auto gun". Plus tapping is nowhere near as fast as the auto for the pdw sd
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    this makes no sense lol. Pdw sd is already automatic and it's really fast so you don't use it "like an auto gun". Plus tapping is nowhere near as fast as the auto for the pdw sd
    Time to not tap whke using PDW then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You guys do realize that you can tap even when the gun is auto right ? I prefer auto