Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Extremist Groups Rising in America (Discussion)

Extremist Groups Rising in America (Discussion)

So,
    If you haven't noticed, Trump condemned any extremist groups like the KKK, Neo-Nazis, and white supremacists.
    I first saw it on Instagram, where I thought it was merely a meme, but guess not.

Spoiler
    Yesterday after work, I went home by train and I faced with a few white supremacists. I have a hard time listening, but I did hear them when I was about to get out the train. They saw me and said "Hey you Mexican", then I couldn't understand the rest after that, but I caught the word "Lowrider", which I can assume he was being stereotypical to me. After that, he started to curse the police as any ridiculous immature 13-year-old would do by saying "F the police" and all that sort of things.
    Were they being racist? Were they trying to intimidate me?
    I'm not quite sure, but I am not going to stop using public transportation for that reason, because I still have few weeks until my pass hits its deadline!

Second story:
     Spoiler
    However this isn't the first time I was being harassed by a fellow American. Two weeks ago, I went to San Diego to watch a film in an AMC cinema.
    Inside the Trolley, an old lady was screaming and saying bizarre things, but I couldn't hear her that well because I was jamming to my music. However I did notice her looking at me quite frequently... When it was time for me to leave, as soon as I got out, I knew she was talking to me. She began cursing me and being the typical racist being by saying "you don't belong here" and so on. She didn't stop screaming at me until I was not visible anymore.
    Of course, I didn't take it seriously nor was offended, because there is nothing that old lady can do to me, in a harming manner. I know who I am, I was born in America, and nobody can take that from me, not physically nor verbally.

Any who, those are my stories within the past month of being harassed.
    What do you think about this topic that is occurring in America?
    Do you think a second Civil War might break out?
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

We can only go so far to predict the future.

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

Hating someone for their beliefs or race is so stupid & from what I've seen on social media mostly adults and elders are doing it while teenagers who are usually dumb aren't.
    --
    You should have told her that she doesn't belong here either. She came from Europe so

Banned Capo
    I think it's because white peoples are going extinct cuz they don't have many babies, so the white ppl are freaking out that a white person would date a not white person and make mixed-race children, so that's why they don't like non-white immigrants as much

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Civil War? No I'd rather say World War AND Civil War.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Banned
    this is why everyone from the south is brain dead and racist.

Zany
    I find it so sad. After all the crap this country has gone through, you'd think people would gain a little common sense? No. Of course not lol. The times of segregation are over. And for a rightful reason. If you don't think it's rightful, then you need to do some more research. In NO circumstance should a person be judged solely because of what they believe in religiously, their colour of skin, the way they look or talk. It infuriates me. THAT isn't something you grow up knowing. NO child is born avoiding other children because they look odd, because they act differently or are different. That is something they adapt to. Whether it be by childhood teachings, environment, other children their age influencing it, or where they live. But that said, what they learn, they can be taught out of. Problem is, once it is ingrained into their way of thinking, it's hard for them to avoid. That is the cause of the ripple effect, being passed down generation unto generation.

Something like that should never be supported. If you are supporting something that eventually causes hate, you may need to think about your decisions. The world we live in could use less hate, and every small difference effects more than you think.

Well said Zany, I agree.

z76, uh, I don't think being pure is the main problem. Nobody is pure, perhaps a few, but ain't no American pure "white".

Marg, I wasn't going to start a discussion with a woman who won't have a valid and reasonable argument. She'll be spitting idiotic claims and accuse other races to be the cause of chaos or destruction.

Banned Capo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Well said Zany, I agree.

z76, uh, I don't think being pure is the main problem. Nobody is pure, perhaps a few, but ain't no American pure "white".

Marg, I wasn't going to start a discussion with a woman who won't have a valid and reasonable argument. She'll be spitting idiotic claims and accuse other races to be the cause of chaos or destruction.
    Yeah, but like I'm part Native American yet have fairly light skin and am considered Caucasian, that's kinda what I mean. Like, not all "white" people are fully Caucasian, but they're still considered white. And so the white ppl think to have babies with other white ppl so that their child can help make sure the white race doesn't go extinct.

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by z7654321 View Post
    Yeah, but like I'm part Native American yet have fairly light skin and am considered Caucasian, that's kinda what I mean. Like, not all "white" people are fully Caucasian, but they're still considered white. And so the white ppl think to have babies with other white ppl so that their child can help make sure the white race doesn't go extinct.
    It's more so about the generalization surrounding specific races and religions. Apparently if you're African American you are uneducated, if you're Muslim you are a terrorist, if you are a sexual orientation other than straight you should be knocked down many pegs, and if you are disabled you should be looked down upon. That's not how it works. That's like saying one cookie made by one person is gross tasting, so that means any other cookie made by another number of people is also gross. All people are different, is that not what society as a whole, TV, songs, literature, and more have been saying for way too long? That shouldn't be something you convince a person. Unfortunately, despite being in this day and age where there are more types of people than ever before, the respect is not being taught to our upcoming generations as much as it should until something actually affects said people that makes them realize what they're being convinced is true, and only then will they lose the entitlement they feel they have. I was raised respecting all people, particularly those who had disabilities because of close family. If you have to actually have specific close people with these issues to finally decide to stop disrespecting others, then that says something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Well said Zany, I agree.
    Thank you Kendrick