Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Extremist Groups Rising in America (Discussion)

This is life, you have to take the good and bad. May God protect America...
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    It's more so about the generalization surrounding specific races and religions. Apparently if you're African American you are uneducated, if you're Muslim you are a terrorist
    Yo, wanna come to my school and talk to my classmates?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Well it is hard to get rid of racism, because everyone is racist lol

White people, Hispanic people, Asian people, Black people some of them make racist comments without knowing so, and telling them otherwise marks you as someone who doesn't belong in whatever race group you're in.

Let me give you some of my background:

I was born in Illinois but after the death of my father my mother was forced to move to Mexico when I was four, so I grew up in Mexico and moved back to the states when I was 15 so I could continue with my studies.

Now let me tell you, Mexico has a severe problem with racism towards black and white people. Constantly calling them names like "Gringo" and saying how Black people are scary and violent because of what they see in the movies. From what I had experienced living in Mexico everyone is very gullible and superstitious. Mostly now, I was amazed at how in the political debate for the presidency Trump's words were translated wrong in Spanish TV to make him seem like the bad guy (I'm not saying he is a great man, but I also didn't find it fair). I remember making a comment on how people were being manipulated by the media and how protesting was wrong (or at least the way they were doing it, a little girl lost her father because of their fault) and how it bothered me that they were so upset that Trump had won but they did nothing when the stupid and corrupt Pena Nieto won for presidency in Mexico or how they had forgotten about their roots and do nothing to help the people who can't come to the states.

Well I was doomed racist for having a difference in opinion and this lady threaten me to come to my house and spit on my face, she also calls me "blue eyed girl" as a derogatory term for Mexican people who believe they are "Caucasian." By the way I did not vote for Donald Trump, in case you're wondering, I don't agree with his view on Mexican people and other races.

But I have also gotten sht from white people as well of course like how one time I went to the store and this guy said "Do you speak american or only Mexican?" right on my face. Or how people give us weird looks when my aunt and I go to stores where not a lot of Mexican people go in.

Just recently though what I have noticed is that a lot of people use racism as an excuse to their actions, kinda like how some people say that a cop had arrested someone of color because of their race or what happened at Evergreen State College. Or even how some black people want segregation to come back again. Like wtf.

I just think that racism is not being handled the way it should, I feel like we are targeting white people as the only ethnicity who can be racist. Maybe once we understand racism as what it is maybe then we would be able to destroy it.

Because honestly, with each day passing I can't stop but have that feeling that someone is judging me because of my color.

Question though, doesn't condemned mean "disapproving of?"

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post

I just think that racism is not being handled the way it should, I feel like we are targeting white people as the only ethnicity who can be racist. Maybe once we understand racism as what it is maybe then we would be able to destroy it.
    This, I totally get. Because believe it or not, all races can be racist. Granted, historically white people have had the majority of rights until this point, if a white person says anything that can remotely be considered some form of racism, there's an insane amount of backlash. It can be well deserved at times. But meanwhile, if other races do the same towards people of the white race, unless the people being remarked feel especially superior, there's normally minimal backlash. I mean, let's be honest, the statistics show there's more black on black violence and black on white violence than anything else. Although, in their defense, I do see their POV where it's a sensitive topic because of the discrimination in the past against their race. It's an extremely, extremely touchy subject where it is viewed differently by all.

I don't see the benefit in being a racist being, besides "feeling superior" to those around you, but all that gives you is hate, and you get no respect in doing that. I will never support anyone like that, hopefully no one else does.
    Last edited by Zany; 08-16-2017 at 12:44 AM.

This won't stop. It's going to be continued. That's why you needa spread the feeling of happiness

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    This, I totally get. Because believe it or not, all races can be racist. Granted, historically white people have had the majority of rights until this point, if a white person says anything that can remotely be considered some form of racism, there's an insane amount of backlash. It can be well deserved at times. But meanwhile, if other races do the same towards people of the white race, unless the people being remarked feel especially superior, there's normally minimal backlash. I mean, let's be honest, the statistics show there's more black on black violence and black on white violence then anything else. Although, in their defense, I do see their POV where it's a sensitive topic because of the discrimination in the past against their race. It's an extremely, extremely touchy subject where it is viewed differently by all.

I don't see the benefit in being a racist being, besides "feeling superior" to those around you, but all that gives you is hate, and you get no respect in doing that. I will never support anyone like that, hopefully no one else does.
    For reals though, that's what happened at Evergreen State College. It's was a very sad case to see :/

And yeah I completely agree, this is why I don't understand how there can be people like that.

Dang Nani, you had it rough... I'm sorry.
    Now I understand why my dad was speaking so negatively of Africans.
    I understand I have Mexican blood, but whenever I hear what occurs in Mexico, I am feeling sorry for them. Mexico is corrupted and they can clearly see it, but they don't do anything about it due to fear.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Dang Nani, you had it rough... I'm sorry.
    Now I understand why my dad was speaking so negatively of Africans.
    I understand I have Mexican blood, but whenever I hear what occurs in Mexico, I am feeling sorry for them. Mexico is corrupted and they can clearly see it, but they don't do anything about it due to fear.
    Yeah I would say fear is a factor but I feel like the main problem (or at least my own theory) is the community in general. People in Mexico are not used to following rules (laws) like people here in america are, and it isn't like they are enforced either. For example, small business owners do not follow the minimum set for each state unless you're working at a big company like OXXO or Banorte or Pemex. Where I grew up in Mexico the textile industry is one of the most important in the area so a lot of people work in clothing stores that are independently owned and almost none of them follow the minimum. I remember my cousin would get paid about 750 pesos weekly (full time) which is about (50 USD). She barely makes up enough money to pay for her studies, and that is taking the low Mexican tuition in consideration.

But you see where the problem begins?

Low payments that don't follow minimums= no education for new generation= no good paid job= poverty.
    Because let me tell you, a lot of people cannot afford education past middle school, out of all my classmates in Mexico, around 10/50 dropped out after middle school and another 30/50 from high school and all of them now have very low incomes. This also leads to many people going to selling drugs in cartels as a way of gaining money.

Also with this same theory comes corrupt police in Mexico. Because nobody follows rules of course nobody pays for tickets and pay cops money under the table instead and cops just leave. With this there is no sense of control over citizens and laws are taken for granted. This hits mostly on cops because it lets them know that it doesn't really matter if they are corrupt they can do whatever they please and the government completely supports or lets it pass.

But any way, I can go on with these type of issues lol but they are very off topic I think lol
    Last edited by Rima Wasabi; 08-15-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Hahaha yeah, this leads to corruption in the educational system and so on. x]

Just went to watch Detroit, a great film to watch among this topic, well not not particularly extremist groups, but more of a racist and misleading kind of mind of officers and civilians. Good movie!
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Nothing has changed.