Thread: How does bullet spread exactly work?

How does bullet spread exactly work?

What does it mean if a gun has a spread of 0.2, for example?
    Obviously a gun with spread of 0.2 has more spread than a
    gun of, lets say, 0.1 spread, but what angle do the bullets fire
    with a gun of X spread? Is there any way to find this out? Thanks.

Also, what do the other stats of a gun mean? There are no units
    to them, so I have no way of knowing how fast a gun with, lets
    say, a firerate of 0.2 will fire. Does that mean it fires once every
    0.2 seconds? So 5 times per second max?

I haven't looked at its exact script but I would say the spread value a gun is given is its maximum potential angle that the bullet will go, and it probably either halves or takes 75% of that spread variable and uses it as the minimum and so when you fire it randomly selects a variable between the minimum and max and that's the angle that single bullet fires.

Not something you'd be able to make a calculation out of if that's what you planned

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I haven't looked at its exact script but I would say the spread value a gun is given is its maximum potential angle that the bullet will go, and it probably either halves or takes 75% of that spread variable and uses it as the minimum and so when you fire it randomly selects a variable between the minimum and max and that's the angle that single bullet fires.

Not something you'd be able to make a calculation out of if that's what you planned
    I'm revising the gun formula I made a little while back, and I'm working on implementing spread into the formula. There are other problems I have run into with the attributes of guns, such as if they do stacked damage or fire multiple bullets at once. I'd say an ideal spread is about 0.1 for a sparring gun.