Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Illusions' Levels

idk what this is

Illusions' Levels

Here this is my first level please tell me how to improve. Be aware as my server has no GFX for its NPCs yet.
    http://imgur.com/a/nnJX3

Oh your level is ok

It's good but I think the yellow borders look weird with the purple in the level, try using black maybe?

And for the pillars in the middle of the level don't make the carpet outline all around the pillar, just 1-2 pixels high from the bottom. It will look flat.

idk what this is
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeZ View Post
    It's good but I think the yellow borders look weird with the purple in the level, try using black maybe?

And for the pillars in the middle of the level don't make the carpet outline all around the pillar, just 1-2 pixels high from the bottom. It will look flat.
    This looks better, sorry if it's not that detailed. I also accidentally moved the pillar on the right down a little, if you noticed.
    http://imgur.com/a/IX0Kb

pretty good tbh
    ~LordFreak
    Answering all era related questions.

idk what this is
    This is supposed to be upstairs.
    http://imgur.com/a/LS9Q1

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if there are many errors such as no shading, I was on a tight schedule. I'll fix them soon and with the criticism I receive.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Your levels are getting pretty good to start with and you do have NPC's, They don't have to be on the server, just make sure the images are on your PC and only You can see the Npc's that you have added.
    The only reason you'd have to upload them to the server is if you want everyone to see them.

I've made a few changes to your level with quick paint edits.

Green circle:
    The wall is so bare. When you get NPC's make sure to put windows, also adding pillars here and there helps.

Red circle:
    Same reason as above.

Blue circle:
    The table is very large here. I don't know what you had planned, but it doesn't make a good filler. Familiarise yourself with the tiles you have available and how to use each of them.

Purple Circle:
    You need to take care with your stairs. They don't go into the wall, but would corner off. Make sure you use the end tiles for the stair edges. You'll notice that there will be a distinct difference.

There may be other things I have changed such as the pillars that come out at the flight of stairs. Make sure you take care when making these.

Another Nice level.
    I really like the lining you have done here it's elegant.

Green circle:
    You need to take care with your stairs. They don't go into the wall, but would corner off. Make sure you use the end tiles for the stair edges. You'll notice that there will be a distinct difference. Take care with small things like this.

Orange Circle:

Normally with levels like this it helps if you bring out the lining as it helps denote that there would be a wall there; at times making your level more professional and removing the box-impression that may be present. It's not mandatory that you always bring these out a couple extra tiles, but it can help alot.

Red circle:
    Ideally you'd want to be doing this every time with Tables/Desks.
    There is a back part to the Desk which you would not see but if you immerse yourself into the Graal world and look from your player's perspective that's how it would be correctly as the person playing graal wouldn't be able to see what the Graalian sees. Here's a better explanation below.

All in all, they are very nice levels for a start. A lot of people post 1 level on the Forums and stop there. I'll only ever give feedback if I see someone has posted at least 2 levels on their thread.

Keep it up!
    -Bulletzone

Shading:
    (For the sake of time, I'm going to copy what I posted in someone else's thread.)

I'm not too sure on your type of shading but Shading allows Levellers to make a 2D level as 3D as possible. There's a few shading flaws in your levels, so I'll try to coherently address the matter here.
    One thing I always tell people is imagine you are standing in the level. From your (The Graal player) perspective it would be 3D, so try and Level based on your Graalians perspective rather than what you see from your PC.

I'll show you what I mean.

Take this noob for example.
    The way he's facing from his perspective he would see the back of a wall right?
    Well since we can't see it, we use Shading to create the Impression that there is a back side to a wall (duh) which we can not see.
    The correct way which it would be implied would be through the shading on the right.

For instance, at the bottom of your level, You would not have any tiles as there would be a Wall (from your Graal player's perspective) however high the other walls in your room are, so you'd just carry on the side shading to the bottom and leave it there. NEVER shade the bottom of the level otherwise it's visually incorrect.

Try and use this concept a lot more in your levels to maintain the realism.
    Hope this helps!

(Ignore the smexy croping and the fact I never finished the shading)

There is no shading along the bottom of the board walk. Why you may ask?

What would a Graalian see?

From their perspective (the graalian's) they would see behind that wall, but we can't see this.
    This is why we don't add shading along the bottom, as it defeats that perspective and ruins the whole level.
    Notice also my shading when changing corners; I maintain that perspective.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

idk what this is
    Thanks Bullet! Here's my downstairs:
    http://imgur.com/wFotMz5
    (This is old sorry)
    Last edited by Grandpa Illusions; 09-01-2017 at 01:03 AM.

idk what this is
    http://imgur.com/a/JutWq
    http://imgur.com/a/JR2dy
    This is one of my more better levels, but keep in mind I rushed this. It's supposed to be a base flag room.

idk what this is
    Hospital Level:
    http://imgur.com/a/yiwHP