Thread: graphx

graphx

hi im trying to draw my favorite character, soma, hair. how can I do graphics? Please help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    hi im trying to draw my favorite character, soma, hair. how can I do graphics? Please help me!
    um hair like that doesn't really counts as hats but good attempt especially with lineart but u need shades to make it look more real

u can look up on youtube how to shade in pixel art
    Check my profile for exclusive look at albums of My shop themed items and the progress on each projects!
    Albums progress on pause due to to school

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Johnny View Post
    um hair like that doesn't really counts as hats but good attempt especially with lineart but u need shades to make it look more real

u can look up on youtube how to shade in pixel art
    ok, anymore tips? I'm new to graphics and all.

colors should be fixed to more realistic looking colors those one are very neon looking i see allot of jaggies the outline need to be fixed basicly you draw your outline then delete jaggie parts and make the outline good then color it and shade the inside

Quote Originally Posted by WreX View Post
    colors should be fixed to more realistic looking colors those one are very neon looking i see allot of jaggies the outline need to be fixed basicly you draw your outline then delete jaggie parts and make the outline good then color it and shade the inside
    This^

i think that what helped me the most with choosing nice colors for my pixel art is knowing the color wheel. I am not a pro, but I have found my own ways of getting better along side what people around here have told me.

It will be kind of hard at the beginning, specially because learning perspective in pixel art is incredibly difficult, even more than traditional art (or at least in my own experience). But everything goes back into the usage of colors because to get the right perspective and a somewhat 3D shape you need to add shade and lighting (which your hat has basically none).

Also refrain from using saturated colors, use more neutral colors (you can achieve this by adding either white or black to the color you're using.

It may sound all difficult but with practice you'll get a lot better and you will get used to stuff and develop your own style I am still learning so I feel the struggle lol.

Thank you all for the feedback! So I've been doing some research of pixel art and trying to find my style. Wish me luck!! D:

Well, I am studying pixel arts and all and not sure if I got it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    Well, I am studying pixel arts and all and not sure if I got it right!
    YOU GOT BETTER!!! that was fast!! O.O

but work on the lineart there is some jaggies but other from that its great
    Check my profile for exclusive look at albums of My shop themed items and the progress on each projects!
    Albums progress on pause due to to school

make it that you can see the top of the hat also that texture dont work well for the hat honestly it ruins the shape of the top part

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Johnny View Post
    YOU GOT BETTER!!! that was fast!! O.O

but work on the lineart there is some jaggies but other from that its great
    Oh thanks! I wasn't so sure what pixel art should be like at first until I saw many tutorials and examples.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WreX View Post
    make it that you can see the top of the hat also that texture dont work well for the hat honestly it ruins the shape of the top part
    Oh okay! I'll try to fix it! Thank you!