Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Final Goodbye

My Final Goodbye

My Final Goodbye

Honestly, I don't know where to start. It's quite emotional when you think about the years, hours, and minutes you enjoyed this game. For me, it all started in the middle of 2011. For one second, I start remembering all those old memories, and it bring a tear to my eyes.

Going back a little bit to what this game was for me; this game was for part-time an escape goat from a couple of problems I had growing up. Specially when I was around 13-14, where, as I posted in my fake goodbye thread (lol), it got me through a bunch of hormonal switches. Next up, a few years older, it kind of gave me a warm feeling of welcome essence, mostly because Shrekt was a team of guys I related with, a lot, and most of us kept close. This was something pretty beast to be honest, because we were a family.

Anyways, back to iEra. I've known hundreds of people in this game. I have treated with dozens of different groups in the game, such as traders, sparrers, pkers... you name it. For me, the graal experience started by collecting shells in order to by an M4, which at that time, it was 8000 graalats.

I started sparring, and mostly by biggest mentors were Blazer Zalinto, NicoEatsbacon, EP Magus, and a couple more. After that, I just kept practicing, but I was partially decent, getting me nowhere known. Back to the memories, I still remember when RedBoy786 used to do drop items at Underground Spar, or when njc got the first lightsaber in the game, or when Rozay pulled that amazing clutch in the GST 2013, or when Candy Factory was open... a bunch of old memories.

Over the years, Graal started molding into many different things for me. One of them was EC's. Event Coins were such a thing for me, haha. I started by winning a couple of toilet chances and a trivia hosted by Jeni for a back to school, to earning a bunch of things. I was that one guy that would afk in a trampoline the whole night in the summer of 2013, because they would give 2-3 Free EC's a day. Also, 2014 was a year filled with free EC's. One of my best memories from back then was when Grebyn got his blue dual lightsaber, me and him were really close. On the other hand, throughout my time in events, I'd like to think that njc, NicoEatsbacon, Slasher, OreOs, Yogy, Cudi, XStarX, Weird, Worldwide, and a couple more were and will always be the best event players, because back then, events were actually fun and competitive. With all due respect, people winning events nowadays, "hoarding", are nothing compared to what those guys achieved.

Moving on, iEra by 2015 was way different. Old players started quitting, and it was all coming down. I'd like to personally spit a thanks to Anero and Snk for keeping this game alive for quite a while. Anero, personally, gave everyone the excitement to actually want to participate in a GST. He worked a lot for this game. In this year, I got associated with Shrekt, Obsidian, PayBack, blah.. blah. I actually thought at the begging I would never make it that far with them. Duke started training me in order to be ready for the next GST, and it was awesome. For those times, the game was still fun, and I would feel a sense of commitment to Shrekt, i guess.

In 2016, it was my year. Finally, I was going to be in the line-ups of a defending champion team. It was super fun, we ended up winning GST and Crypt in Halloween. After that, my last Christmas in graal was pretty beast with friends like Omz, iNone, NiM0, Juaan, etc.

2017... the year it all went down for me. I stopped playing about 2 weeks into 2017, giving my account away to Manny. I eventually came back for GST, and it was just the moment I knew I wasn't going to last more in iEra. The disasters that occurred overall in the GCT, and all of the team ended up breaking up there own ways was just catastrophic; because I basically played because of Shrekt. On the other hand, 2017 was a very rough year for me, life, school, family, and a lot of things just made me lose a lot of interest overall. I knew I had to start hustling at school for college applications, etc, which I have fulfilled pretty decently. At this point, with all the staff I oversaw and admired gone, and my friends gone to... I'm stepping down. I don't know if it's only my opinion, but the game is slowly getting ripped apart. Starting with the player count, to be honest.

Lastly, I want to give a shoutout to a lot of people, no matter if we ended on good or bad terms.
    NiM0, Manny, Duke, DIY, Pixl, Icy, Mario, Jordan, Kameron, Ty, Luis, Zerzavy, Cypher, Icy, OKC, NicoEatsbacon, Paul Frank, Weird Zephlyn, Dino, iNone, Omz, ML+, Grebyn, Gon, ROCK, JustJoshuaLikeABoss, Zernov, RedBoy786, Romario, Sequel, Sully, usb, Nike, Traek, Equinox, Alex, Voode, Wdog, Rozay, Frisko, EP, Blazer, Wonder Waffle, Brandon, Worldwide, Darky, Unknown, Drake, Anero, Meph, Raul Z, Chris Z, Rolyn, bobo, sodapop, failure, mikel, gta tetris, RPG Tetris, and many more.

Goodbye njk .....

Banned
    Goodbye. Good luck to you in the future!

You had quite a history there. Goodbye! <3 Do well in your future life <3
    ~blub~

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Bye. Makes me wonder if people read my goodbye message.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    Bye. Makes me wonder if people read my goodbye message.
    Yea but sadly nobody cares ;((

cool, see you next week

edit: hahaha i made the list of people he thanks before leaving, that's nuts. if you're genuinely quitting, it'll be quite the loss to Era's community. one of the best multi-faceted players to touch the game in a while (spar, raids, GST, etc), and you made the most of it with how you spent the time here. glad i had the chance to throw some bullets around with you.
    Founding member of the Divine Family.
    Former Era Legacy Weapons Admin, Senior Player Relations, Gang Admin, Development Admin & Manager (for 8 hours!).

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Yea but sadly nobody cares ;((
    Not surprised. People only view me as that annoying bum, but in reality I'm one of the nicest people you can meet.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

We've all had a long history from Graal but there are times when you just have to say goodbye.

Good bye I hope you have a great future. I'm guessing it will be hard to quit because of those memories

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Holy this post is a THROW BACK. Many names hit me with nostalgia. Goodbye man
    "I'll Bite you to Death"-Hibari Kyoya