Thread: Anyone with gani experience able to help?

Unhappy Anyone with gani experience able to help?

I've recently started doing gani again and I can't see any sprites. When I first open "GraalShop" (downloaded from player worlds) and click new animation, the little noobie doesn't show up. Also if i load any pre-made gani it will not show any as well. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Doing this to be a gani admin hopefully.

Make sure the gfx is saved as png 8 bit or gif

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Make sure the gfx is saved as png 8 bit or gif
    What about the ones already made? None of the sprites are functioning.. Am i better off using the online Graalshop on Zodiac?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waddwadd View Post
    What about the ones already made? None of the sprites are functioning.. Am i better off using the online Graalshop on Zodiac?
    I am not a Gani expert but I guess that you should try by deleting all the frames so that the Sprites will be reset. Once you have done this, the sprites should be visible. As I said, I am not an expert so I am not sure if this method will help you. If it does not work, I recommend you to try Graalshop on Zodiac as you have mentioned.
    Last edited by Sam Dorvay; 09-18-2017 at 06:09 PM.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Zodiac won't work. Every gani artist should know that you need to upload the image to RC in order for a sprite sheet to show for sprite cutter. But if there's a loophole that I don't know of for that, then idk it. But anyways, my friend had a problem with this when I was teaching him how to gani. We tried a whole bunch of things. Re downloading Graalshop, saving to gani folder, saving as 8-bit, etc. Nothing was working. So honestly, this is all I know of that can potentially help.

1. Try adding a sprite by using the BODY shortcut, and just press add, and see if anything shows up.

2. Save an image to your gani folder. It might not be in your gani folder, but if this doesn't work, try to import sprite definition.

3. Try indexing the sprite. This can be a bit complicated but if you know how to do it then try it. If not, here's how.
    Download Gimp. Just wait for it to finish downloading. Once you're done, on the top left, click file, then open. Go to your Graal folder>levels>ganis, then open an image that you used in your gani. Open that up, then on the top of the screen, you should see an option that says "Image". Put your cursor over that, look for mode, then click indexed. Then a little window will pop up and just click next or ok. Whatever it says but don't click cancel. Then just save it again, and see if it works on graalshop. If it's already indexed, then I honestly don't know.

4. Make sure your file is saved as a .gani file. You could be opening it, but really you aren't loading it. If it doesn't say .gani, it won't open. Try doing that and see if it works.

5.Scroll through the sprite bar, and see if everything is invisible. If there is something that still shows up, then there is something wrong with the other specific files. Try to figure out what's wrong with those.

6. Delete files and re download Graalshop. Save all the ganis that you made and want to keep, take the out and put them in a new folder, then delete all of the gani files, and graalshop, then redownload. Log into a graal pc server so it can download the ganis again. Once you're done, cut your old ganis, and paste them back in the gani folder.

7. Put your cursor over the sprite bar. Does something pop up? For instance, the sprite name? Like head-carrying1 or Sprite #20 or something? If so, then again, there's just something wrong with the files.

8. At this point, that's all I can think of. Just play around with it, and hopefully it will start working eventually.

Just make sure you try ALL of these because if you skip one that could work, then it could really be a bummer. Sorry if none of these helped. But if you want, you can skype me and you can share your screen so we can try to figure this out. But if anything did work, then yay! I hope this helped!
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    Zodiac won't work. Every gani artist should know that you need to upload the image to RC in order for a sprite sheet to show for sprite cutter. But if there's a loophole that I don't know of for that, then idk it. But anyways, my friend had a problem with this when I was teaching him how to gani. We tried a whole bunch of things. Re downloading Graalshop, saving to gani folder, saving as 8-bit, etc. Nothing was working. So honestly, this is all I know of that can potentially help.

1. Try adding a sprite by using the BODY shortcut, and just press add, and see if anything shows up.

2. Save an image to your gani folder. It might not be in your gani folder, but if this doesn't work, try to import sprite definition.

3. Try indexing the sprite. This can be a bit complicated but if you know how to do it then try it. If not, here's how.
    Download Gimp. Just wait for it to finish downloading. Once you're done, on the top left, click file, then open. Go to your Graal folder>levels>ganis, then open an image that you used in your gani. Open that up, then on the top of the screen, you should see an option that says "Image". Put your cursor over that, look for mode, then click indexed. Then a little window will pop up and just click next or ok. Whatever it says but don't click cancel. Then just save it again, and see if it works on graalshop. If it's already indexed, then I honestly don't know.

4. Make sure your file is saved as a .gani file. You could be opening it, but really you aren't loading it. If it doesn't say .gani, it won't open. Try doing that and see if it works.

5.Scroll through the sprite bar, and see if everything is invisible. If there is something that still shows up, then there is something wrong with the other specific files. Try to figure out what's wrong with those.

6. Delete files and re download Graalshop. Save all the ganis that you made and want to keep, take the out and put them in a new folder, then delete all of the gani files, and graalshop, then redownload. Log into a graal pc server so it can download the ganis again. Once you're done, cut your old ganis, and paste them back in the gani folder.

7. Put your cursor over the sprite bar. Does something pop up? For instance, the sprite name? Like head-carrying1 or Sprite #20 or something? If so, then again, there's just something wrong with the files.

8. At this point, that's all I can think of. Just play around with it, and hopefully it will start working eventually.

Just make sure you try ALL of these because if you skip one that could work, then it could really be a bummer. Sorry if none of these helped. But if you want, you can skype me and you can share your screen so we can try to figure this out. But if anything did work, then yay! I hope this helped!
    Thank you so much ill try these tips ASAP. A lot of hw at the moment.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Thank you so much ill try these tips ASAP. A lot of hw at the moment.
    Good luck hope it works
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!