Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No SNK= NO COUNTRYSIDE!!

No SNK= NO COUNTRYSIDE!!

Quote Originally Posted by PTNTLcloud View Post
    Lmao they are waiting for italy to calm down

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    No that's not the real reason and btw Italy lost its hype after the first week
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    Ya but I still think its the coolest part of the map. It just lacks pk zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    It's part of the reason. Yes countryside has scripting work that needs to be finished. No Snk isn't the only person who can do it, he had just agreed to do it and is extremely good at scripting so you could be confident with him working on it that he'd be able to script the ideas I had planned.
    Derek has said he would work on it, he is also a very good scripter however I don't really see him having time to as he is being asked to help with every other scripting need (eg italy, any upcoming holiday events, VIP, the fishing job etc). Countryside requires a scripter who would pretty much work exclusively on CS so that it could all just get done.

In regards to Italy, as I said on an italy thread, because of italys release, event if CS was currently finished and ready to be released, it would be pushed back a year as italy was a big project and it doesn't make sense to release 2 large updates within a short span of eachother. Yes italy has died down already, but releasing countryside so close to italy release would make you literally forget italy existed.

I've been on the staff team for many years now, and been looking over countryside for a long time aswell. Many people have contributed but due to the lack of scripters available to work on it, to me it just feels like it's almost impossible to complete it to the level I had envisioned without it being a dumbed down version just so it could be released soon. It's been so long as well I feel like peoples expectations will be higher than what countryside is, yes Countryside has been in development for 3-4 years but that doesn't mean you should be expecting 3-4 years worth of content if it was ever released because it hasn't been worked on daily by multiple staff like some people think, and therefore expecting content of that level.

I think if there is no development to countryside within a time period where I feel it has gone long enough, I may decide to scrap the countryside as a whole and instead try to implement the cops vs gangsters gameplay elements I stated in the CS thread that I wanted CS to have into the main map. And as a send off see if I can get the countryside gmap temporarily released for people to explore for a week or something before it becomes officially cancelled just so people can at least see the work that all the staff who have worked on it had put into it. Although that'll probably make people want it to be released more, it just isn't realistic due to lack of scripters capable enough to make the features I wanted.

As i've said before, countryside is just a pretty gmap, it's the gamplay features that I have been asking for scripters to work on for months that would have given it value and a reason to go back to that area. It's also a fine line as CS is a separate gmap that I don't want to make it too good that it makes the main gmap irrelevant. If it comes to just putting the features into the main map and scrapping the countryside map then it may actually work out better, just would be sad to see the map go to waste because of how nice it looks

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    As i've said before, countryside is just a pretty gmap, it's the gamplay features that I have been asking for scripters to work on for months that would have given it value and a reason to go back to that area. It's also a fine line as CS is a separate gmap that I don't want to make it too good that it makes the main gmap irrelevant. If it comes to just putting the features into the main map and scrapping the countryside map then it may actually work out better, just would be sad to see the map go to waste because of how nice it looks
    Would be a real shame if the gameplay features doesn't come to fruition.
    Certainly adding it will definitely give the game an extra dimension & way for players to spend their time rather than just basing,sparring & pking.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I think if there is no development to countryside within a time period where I feel it has gone long enough, I may decide to scrap the countryside as a whole and instead try to implement the cops vs gangsters gameplay elements I stated in the CS thread that I wanted CS to have into the main map. And as a send off see if I can get the countryside gmap temporarily released for people to explore for a week or something before it becomes officially cancelled just so people can at least see the work that all the staff who have worked on it had put into it. Although that'll probably make people want it to be released more, it just isn't realistic due to lack of scripters capable enough to make the features I wanted.
    This is a decent idea.
    What''re the odds of this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirzey View Post
    From what we talked, he won't come back in the current circumstances.
    By current circumstances do you mean like snk being under HW?
    Could you elaborate a little bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    It isn't because of IRL issues.
    I worried this would be how things would bite the game in the @ss.
    Being a game run by volunteers tossing away your most valuable & talented workers is a death note & shooting yourself in the foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post

Even if he had any issues in real-life, they're not the reason why he's not coming back to Era.
    Whatever happens everyone wishes him well.
    A genuinely nice guy, whos open & takes care of his staff team
    Last edited by Donald; 10-08-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Id die to meet snk

Id die to meet snk

I’d die to not see anyone from graal

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    I’d die to not see anyone from graal
    Chame lol

Id die to meet snk

Just print out a picture of snk and stick it to your wall.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    YA XD

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Yes. No snk=no countryside ((((((

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    That'd be great