Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'm autistic. Can I ever make true friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    So I probably am just a lost cause?
    Well, I guess you have to wait and see if anyone makes a cure.

Searching on the internet and telling people will only go so far

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Well, I guess you have to wait and see if anyone makes a cure.

Searching on the internet and telling people will only go so far
    There will never be a cure for autism, as they don't even know 100% what causes it. But even if they find a way to prevent it, that won't help people like me who already have it. I'm autistic/disabled for life.

idk what this is
    If you want to, but not necessary, you can prove yourself. You might have more mental potential than most people. Don't get involved with the wrong friends, or 'jerks'. Never be afraid to ask any adult for help with anything. (Teachers, parents, etc.) Don't feel bad about what others think, because you possible have more potential. Being "autistic" doesn't really push you back. It can be perceived as an advantage. You can't really be diagnosed with it. (taken from someone else) Try and prove yourself, doing better in aspects of life such as grades and activity in school. Being classified as having autism makes you nothing less than any other person, maybe even better. So you need to try in life, and be somebody. This is just my advice

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Illusions View Post
    If you want to, but not necessary, you can prove yourself. You might have more mental potential than most people. Don't get involved with the wrong friends, or 'jerks'. Never be afraid to ask any adult for help with anything. (Teachers, parents, etc.) Don't feel bad about what others think, because you possible have more potential. Being "autistic" doesn't really push you back. It can be perceived as an advantage. You can't really be diagnosed with it. (taken from someone else) Try and prove yourself, doing better in aspects of life such as grades and activity in school. Being classified as having autism makes you nothing less than any other person, maybe even better. So you need to try in life, and be somebody. This is just my advice
    Thank you! Btw, I WAS diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. But I'm unfortunately 18 and have already dropped out of school, at about 14. 16, technically, but I never did my school work past the age of 13.

My mom is trying to get me to go back to school/get my GED, but we'll have to see how that plays out.

It's still Asbergers and ya, I have that and my friends are great

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Yes because people can relate

One more thing, DONT think of it as a disability. Think of it as a club. Your not alone and it makes you special. Did you know that people with asbergers never have a below average IQ. My neighbor did law at Harverd. He has what we have too. He seems so normal. Have fun with your life. Do whatever you please to do with your life.

idk what this is
    Thank you! Btw, I WAS diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. But I'm unfortunately 18 and have already dropped out of school, at about 14. 16, technically, but I never did my school work past the age of 13.

My mom is trying to get me to go back to school/get my GED, but we'll have to see how that plays out.
    Well, taken from someone else who doesn't like the word 'diagnosed', I don't like it either. 'Diagnosed' has a connotation of something less. In fact it may be more so don't feel bad just trust me. Keep going. See what happens. Don't give up.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by PTNTLcloud View Post
    One more thing, DONT think of it as a disability. Think of it as a club. Your not alone and it makes you special. Did you know that people with asbergers never have a below average IQ. My neighbor did law at Harverd. He has what we have too. He seems so normal. Have fun with your life. Do whatever you please to do with your life.

Thank you! That is very promising! I hope that one day I'll be able to find a job, live on my own, etc. It's just very difficult and I find my condition to be very isolating. :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Illusions View Post
    Well, taken from someone else who doesn't like the word 'diagnosed', I don't like it either. 'Diagnosed' has a connotation of something less. In fact it may be more so don't feel bad just trust me. Keep going. See what happens. Don't give up.
    Thank you very much. I've been stuck in this semi-trying position for about 3 years and it's gotten me nowhere. I feel like dying atm, but I think life MIGHT get better for me, so I won't kill myself. ;(

Btw, im so disabled irl that you might think that I'm non-verbal. I rarely speak in public and often flap my hands/arms.

Thank you! That is very promising! I hope that one day I'll be able to find a job, live on my own, etc. It's just very difficult and I find my condition to be very isolating. :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much. I've been stuck in this semi-trying position for about 3 years and it's gotten me nowhere. I feel like dying atm, but I think life MIGHT get better for me, so I won't kill myself. ;(

Btw, im so disabled irl that you might think that I'm non-verbal. I rarely speak in public and often flap my hands/arms.
    Please try living on your own. Not with another person.