Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I Had a 2,000 Hour Gang Hat Removed From Me

I Had a 2,000 Hour Gang Hat Removed From Me

And I can prove it, too!

As many of you may know, the guild (Gold) led by Pixl reached 2,000 hours yesterday. Feel free to applaud! That's no small feat, and we're very proud of it. As less of you may know, I was part of (Gold) for a while (around 500 to 600 hours) and as very few of you may know, I was promised a hat spot in the gang once they reached their 2,000 hour milestone. It's been a whole 24 hours since hats were given out. I do not have one.

Now, I know what you're thinking: "This idiot! He said he was promised a hat spot by Pixl and now he's getting scammed, posting about it on Era-GO and seeking our pity! I hate him! He 5-0'd me in a spar one time!"

But interestingly enough, that isn't the case. You see, I had a hat spot. I physically was added to the list of IDs to get a hat, then was given a hat, and had that hat taken away from me because of one player who couldn't bear the thought of them being just undeserving enough to be left off the list. I am the first and only person in nearly seven years of Era being on the public market to have this happen to them, and I wrote an entire explanation for it.

Link to that explanation/paper HERE.

However, posting here on alt accounts and as a player on other aliases for years has shown me that a lot of the time, this server doesn't want to read essays, so I'll give you the quick-n-dirty down here.

I was given a hat spot. I was given the hat. Drizzle claimed the hat was stolen property. I had my hat removed. Drizzle got my hat.

Seems simple enough, right? But that's not right. I earned my hat and Drizzle didn't, and this sets an awful precedent going forward for Era that allows management to break any rules or regulations they've set forth prior in exchange for some convenience. That's my problem with this. Aside from it being something I worked hard for and earned; this doesn't look good. It means that if you win an auction and someone else didn't, Management is completely in the right for saying "You didn't earn this. Give this back. This belongs to him now." It means that if you prove your innocence in a case against the server and you're free to go, they can keep you banned and claim that they make the rules, not you. It's dangerous to put your money into a game that doesn't stand by its words. I've played Era for nearly 7 years, and Graal altogether for longer than that and while I've been angry at the game before, I've never felt myself physically wronged by those in power and I don't think you should feel like Graal's somewhere you have many rights right now, and that's scary -- Graal's always been a game that's stood up for players and as of late, it hasn't represented that.

So I'm gonna ask you, here, the players -- to help me get this hat back.
    Founding member of the Divine Family.
    Former Era Legacy Weapons Admin, Senior Player Relations, Gang Admin, Development Admin & Manager (for 8 hours!).

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    I think your only choice is to "Send a ticket to toonslab". After all they help you every time.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

One of the reasons y I don’t base ^

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I read that big document and I agree with your third point in that the rewards system should be completely revamped. I really hope you get your hat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    One of the reasons y I don’t base ^
    And yea same ^^^^
    Last edited by Chopsticks; 09-27-2017 at 11:47 PM.

This is Deep. Hope you get what earned.

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Forte View Post
    And I can prove it, too!

As many of you may know, the guild (Gold) led by Pixl reached 2,000 hours yesterday. Feel free to applaud! That's no small feat, and we're very proud of it. As less of you may know, I was part of (Gold) for a while (around 500 to 600 hours) and as very few of you may know, I was promised a hat spot in the gang once they reached their 2,000 hour milestone. It's been a whole 24 hours since hats were given out. I do not have one.

Now, I know what you're thinking: "This idiot! He said he was promised a hat spot by Pixl and now he's getting scammed, posting about it on Era-GO and seeking our pity! I hate him! He 5-0'd me in a spar one time!"

But interestingly enough, that isn't the case. You see, I had a hat spot. I physically was added to the list of IDs to get a hat, then was given a hat, and had that hat taken away from me because of one player who couldn't bear the thought of them being just undeserving enough to be left off the list. I am the first and only person in nearly seven years of Era being on the public market to have this happen to them, and I wrote an entire explanation for it.

Link to that explanation/paper HERE.

However, posting here on alt accounts and as a player on other aliases for years has shown me that a lot of the time, this server doesn't want to read essays, so I'll give you the quick-n-dirty down here.

I was given a hat spot. I was given the hat. Drizzle claimed the hat was stolen property. I had my hat removed. Drizzle got my hat.

Seems simple enough, right? But that's not right. I earned my hat and Drizzle didn't, and this sets an awful precedent going forward for Era that allows management to break any rules or regulations they've set forth prior in exchange for some convenience. That's my problem with this. Aside from it being something I worked hard for and earned; this doesn't look good. It means that if you win an auction and someone else didn't, Management is completely in the right for saying "You didn't earn this. Give this back. This belongs to him now." It means that if you prove your innocence in a case against the server and you're free to go, they can keep you banned and claim that they make the rules, not you. It's dangerous to put your money into a game that doesn't stand by its words. I've played Era for nearly 7 years, and Graal altogether for longer than that and while I've been angry at the game before, I've never felt myself physically wronged by those in power and I don't think you should feel like Graal's somewhere you have many rights right now, and that's scary -- Graal's always been a game that's stood up for players and as of late, it hasn't represented that.

So I'm gonna ask you, here, the players -- to help me get this hat back.
    Agreed he scammed that hat from worthy ranks he promised it too!!
    Also it is poorly made

It's the leaders decision but it is annoying to see gang members make a promise then later on ruin it

- - - Updated - - -

It's the leaders decision but it is annoying to see gang members make a promise then later on ruin it.

They kicked everyone out and only 5-8 members have it

The hat doesn't look that good to me anyway but it's annoying to see this

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

[QUOTE=Forte;451335]And I can prove it, too!

Ill have you know i was very loyal aswell smh didnt even consider me to be more helpful than a "disloyal, Transient".

Ikr their hat looks similar to so many hats that are being sold ingame

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    The hat is removed from everyone and will be remade and the original people who received the hats will get the new one when it is made
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler