Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Option to Turn Off the Swear Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Exter View Post
    How is he off topic............................................. .....................????
    We are here to discuss about Graal Online Era and its swear filter. We are not here to discuss mental disorders, if you've ever been bullied and all those unrelated subjects. He posted a whole paragraph about his background story. That's how off topic he is. Everybody has their personal problems and here is not the place to say them. We are here to give our ideas and opinions.

Now let's say this option gets implemented, this is how you fix everybody's complaints on this thread.

You have a mental disorder triggered by cuss words? Keep the swear filter on.

You get hurt by words easily or you are easily offended and don't want to see cuss words? Keep the swear filter on.

You have a PTSD triggered by cuss words? Keep the swear filter on

Somebody is saying things that offend you but doesn't contain cuss words? Block the player

A player is harassing you? Block the player and report him for harassment

You get easily offended by almost anything, even if it doesn't contain cuss words? Go to Options->Privacy Options->In-Game Chat Visibility and check "None" and then scroll up and check "Ignore All Private Messages (PMs)"
    Last edited by BEENDEAD; 10-18-2017 at 07:10 AM.

In the end not everyone thinks that the world is all wars and flames, there are still people that think that there is some good in the world, and the fact that some here wants to break that thought makes it more valid to stop them from turning the game into a higher PG rated one.
    So in conclusion Era won’t remove the swear filter, why? Not because of some morals and life breaking truths, but because of business, you see, it’s rated 12+ on the App Store for intense cartoons and fantasy violence, that only gave it that mark, so if there were a change in the swear filter that number would easily go to 16+, which leads to less players, meaning less money meaning never going to happen.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Keep this thread on topic. Don’t ruin it for the thread creator.
    Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    In the end not everyone thinks that the world is all wars and flames, there are still people that think that there is some good in the world, and the fact that some here wants to break that thought makes it more valid to stop them from turning the game into a higher PG rated one.
    So in conclusion Era won’t remove the swear filter, why? Not because of some morals and life breaking truths, but because of business, you see, it’s rated 12+ on the App Store for intense cartoons and fantasy violence, that only gave it that mark, so if there were a change in the swear filter that number would easily go to 16+, which leads to less players, meaning less money meaning never going to happen.
    I stated in the main post that "Online Interactions" cannot be rated so it wouldn't change the Apple Store rating.

Quote Originally Posted by BEENDEAD View Post
    I stated in the main post that "Online Interactions" cannot be rated so it wouldn't change the Apple Store rating.
    Profanity would be included with the online interactions, usually when an app is submitted to iTunes they have a chart they have to fill out it contains the amount of violence or nudity... in the game. So by changing the filter they’d have to change that also which might alter the rating system of the game and increase it. Of course the game should not “lie” and not warn people about what’s to come inside their games cause if that were to happen and someone complains we never know what’ll happen.
    Anyways even though many are with and against this idea, we cannot deny the fact that this brings as much bad as it does with good and that’s not a good attribute for something to be changed in the game, something that everyone would be affected of.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting

Profanity would be included with the online interactions, usually when an app is submitted to iTunes they have a chart they have to fill out it contains the amount of violence or nudity... in the game. So by changing the filter they’d have to change that also which might alter the rating system of the game and increase it. Of course the game should not “lie” and not warn people about what’s to come inside their games cause if that were to happen and someone complains we never know what’ll happen.
    Anyways even though many are with and against this idea, we cannot deny the fact that this brings as much bad as it does with good and that’s not a good attribute for something to be changed in the game, something that everyone would be affected of.
    Screenshot_2017-10-18-13-18-08-1.jpg

This pulled straight from the ESRB website, the company that gives games ratings

Screenshot_2017-10-18-13-19-34-1.jpg

This is the Ol' West rating, and it has the option to turn on and off the swear filter.

problem solved, very well done beendead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BEENDEAD View Post
    Screenshot_2017-10-18-13-18-08-1.jpg

This pulled straight from the ESRB website, the company that gives games ratings

Screenshot_2017-10-18-13-19-34-1.jpg

This is the Ol' West rating, and it has the option to turn on and off the swear filter.
    Forgot to mention that I was referring to the IOS App Store
    That might be the case for the google play store but the IOS store has a different age rating method
    https://developer.apple.com/library/...irstSteps.html
    This is straight from the Apple website it shows the same method I explained earlier
    But what I don’t understand is that the Graal online era on the App Store is rated 12+ as for Ol west has it 9+
    Which is extremely wrong as both games are similar in basic content.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    From what I've seen in Ol' West, I kind of think that the way people use bad words on Era is different. A little too vulgar for some people to handle. But I guess that's the point of turning it on/off.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Forgot to mention that I was referring to the IOS App Store
    That might be the case for the google play store but the IOS store has a different age rating method
    https://developer.apple.com/library/...irstSteps.html
    This is straight from the Apple website it shows the same method I explained earlier
    But what I don’t understand is that the Graal online era on the App Store is rated 12+ as for Ol west has it 9+
    Which is extremely wrong as both games are similar in basic content.
    Well if the App Store is based off of even what the players say in game then I suppose it would make sense why era is 12+. From my experience Era has more mature kids which can be quite rude, ol west has more younger kids so there's not as many rude people. That's just a theory to why era is 12+ and olwest is 9+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk