Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Option to Turn Off the Swear Filter

Banned
    In my opinion, this is not a good idea. It is better to keep the filter as it. As LYK08 mentioned, the filter is there to prevent players from getting verbally harassed.

well i guess we're not going to have freedom of speech, what a shame because olwest works just fine. everyone acts like it's going to be so different, it won't if you keep the filter on lol. but hey i'm sure if i didn't like the idea i wouldn't consider a bunch of things beendead, me, and a few others have said which counters every problem we came across haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post
    well i guess we're not going to have freedom of speech, what a shame because olwest works just fine. everyone acts like it's going to be so different, it won't if you keep the filter on lol. but hey i'm sure if i didn't like the idea i wouldn't consider a bunch of things beendead, me, and a few others have said which counters every problem we came across haha!

Freedom of speech has its limits, like any other freedom a human gets.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    Freedom of speech has its limits, like any other freedom a human gets.
    sucks that other people abuse it so people like me who just wanna have a fun convo with a friend with cussing can't have that privilege

sucks that other people abuse it so people like me who just wanna have a fun convo with a friend with cussing can't have that privilege

If your friends then it shouldnt need to involve cussing to be fun

- - - Updated - - -

to summarize you took your opinion of how olwest is without the filter , then disregarded all the facts and figures we spit out(along with our own opinions)
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

I'm sorry man, but everybody who is getting hurt or affected by strangers on the internet who literally can only judge you off your pixel looks you are really soft. And you guys talking about "verbal damage", what's that? Please explain to me what verbal damage is. I think racism shouldn't be tolerated, but other than that, it's fine.
    Last edited by BEENDEAD; 10-28-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BEENDEAD View Post
    I'm sorry man, but everybody getting hurt by strangers on the internet who literally can only judge you off your pixel looks affects you and hurts your feelings you are really soft. And you guys talking about "verbal damage", what's that? Please explain to me what verbal damage is. I think racism shouldn't be tolerated, but other than that, it's fine.
    No. Just because the internet puts people at a vulnerable place doesn't mean we should just give up trying to censor and protect game players. It's like saying since the holocaust has taken place before and so it is definitely okay if it happens again.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    No. Just because the internet puts people at a vulnerable place doesn't mean we should just give up trying to censor and protect game players. It's like saying since the holocaust has taken place before and so it is definitely okay if it happens again.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    You mentioned "verbal damage" in your previous post, can you explain what that is?

Bullying and harassing is done either way, with or without cussing. Those two things would still be illegal if the swear filter was off. Threatening people would still be illegal. A threat with the "f bomb" in it or without it, is still a threat, it doesn't change the seriousness of it.

If people get emotionally damaged by people on a game, they shouldn't play the game at all, plain and simple. You said some words can cause damage that lasts forever? Seriously? "Oh I remember 10 years ago, some kid on an online app said something rude to me. I'm still hurting until this day." Like if people are this vulnerable, just keep the swear filter on lol. Nobody is forcing somebody to turn it off.

You still wouldn't be able to go around and harass people or bully people.

And you comparing an online app to an holocaust? C'mon now man. We're talking about a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by BEENDEAD View Post
    If people get emotionally damaged by people on a game, they shouldn't play the game at all, plain and simple. You said some words can cause damage that lasts forever? Seriously? "Oh I remember 10 years ago, some kid on an online app said something rude to me. I'm still hurting until this day." Like if people are this vulnerable, just keep the swear filter on lol. Nobody is forcing somebody to turn it off.

And you comparing an online app to an holocaust? C'mon now man. We're talking about a video game.
    ^^^^^^^

I haven't looked at the responses but I don't see this ever happening. Regardless of freedom of expression or not, iEra has an app store rating it must uphold, and allowing this would be breaking that.
    Additionally this feature would make it a lot harder for PRs to do their job in being able to distinguish who does or doesn't have the filter turned on, and the feature itself would just encourage more toxic behaviour which iEra doesn't need anymore of.